Preview Round 15, 2017: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 2 July 2017, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder who will go forward for Pop .

Probably think Blake Hardwick is the obvious choice, though l do like him in defence .

Hardwick is Haw's gun small defender who kept Gray goal-less after quarter time, and who has since kick, i think, 4 and 5 in the following weeks.

He also kept Junktime to 1, and 0 after quarter time. However we were winning so keeping Junktime quiet when the Crows are losing is a piece of cake.

That being said, you don't get off a winner. Hardwick is now a defender.
Yeah why f around with positions for the sake of it. Our defence was awesome last week

If we can bring pressure through the mid for all 4 quarters, we can grab this game by the throat. In my view we are better at each end of the ground by far. Its only if they get easy space through the middle that they will push us (most teams would).

Stratton and also Heatherley both into the squad at once... hmm. Given how pleased AC was with backline last week, Heatherley inclusion with Stratts is a curious. Maybe just naming him (and Willsmore) to let them know they are still part of the mix. I am probably overthinking it.

Weather chilly but clear, so we can play taller if we want.

Looking forward to seeing where we at this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder who will go forward for Pop .

Probably think Blake Hardwick is the obvious choice, though l do like him in defence .

Love Dimma in defence, I would have liked Stewart to be given a chance purely for his tackling press but maybe we will just rely Punky and Langers to wreck havoc?

Phil the Greek and Lizzy are pretty much cousins aren't they

(Correct answer gets the Sad Anglophile Award).

More than pretty much. Both third cousins and second cousins once removed (in other words they share not one, but two common ancestors).

Burton should not be playing forward at all. He's well settled in defense playing great footy. He's now one of our most important players. We already have a stack of mid-sized half forwards like O'Brien, Sicily and Breust who can all fill the void when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back