Preview Round 14 v Hawthorn MCG Saturday June 15th 4.35pm #DUSTY300

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big week for the club and in particular Dustin Martin as we celebrate the GOAT playing game 300. Dusty has given us so much joy over the journey so I hope as many of us can get to the MCG this weekend as possible to show our appreciation for the champ.

As for the game itself, we're coming up against one of the most in form teams in the competition at the moment as the Hawks have won 4 of their last 5 and it should have been 5 from 5 had they not choked against Port. So this will not be an easy game for us looking to celebrate Dustys milestone with a win.

We should be strengthened yet again this week with Lynch possibly joining Martin in coming back into the line up and with no fresh injuries reported from last weeks game the tide could be turning for us as we start to get our better players back on the park.

Now I know many of us are hoping to get pick 2 in the draft, and I'm one of them, but for me it's more important that we continue to play to win and if that means that we move up the ladder and down the draft order then so be it. Playing for draft picks should never be an option IMO.

Predicted Line Up
IN - Martin Lynch
OUT - Prestia(inj) Koschitzke

B: Miller Balta Brown
HB: D.Rioli Vlastuin Broad
C: McIntosh Taranto Ralphsmith
HF: Campbell Bolton Mansell
F: Lynch Martin Ryan
R: Nankervis Baker Dow
INT: Short Graham McAuliffe Sonsie Cumberland

As mentioned this game won't be as easy as it may have seemed a few weeks ago, given Hawthorn have been in good form for about 6 weeks now and are playing to try and get into the top 8 and they will see us as another likely win for them as they continue their mid season charge up the ladder. That should hopefully mean that we will get a good game to watch.

Prediction
Much like the Cotchin 300th last year I expect that we will get the job done to celebrate Dusty in the way that we should celebrate the GOAT, but it won't be easy and we should expect a 2-3 goal margin.

Last edited:

Surely Prestia doesn't play if he's got a sore calf.

I'd be giving Samson a rest, he looks buggered.

In: Lynch, Dusty
Out: Samson, Sonsie/Prestia
inb4 louie injures big sexy at trainging this week

Surely Prestia doesn't play if he's got a sore calf.

I'd be giving Samson a rest, he looks buggered.

In: Lynch, Dusty
Out: Samson, Sonsie/Prestia
Arent they trying to tell us its a knock and not soft tissue?

Arent they trying to tell us its a knock and not soft tissue?
Chris Farley Idk GIF

So many highlights Dusty has given us throughout his career. Just incredible. How grateful we've gotta be for him choosing to stay with the club in 2017.

For some reason got a bad feeling about this game, but hopefully we smash em and no injuries (please Lynch never get injured again). Hoping we can keep up the accuracy from last week. Was happy we finally kicked straight. Need to bring the same pressure as well.

Be a shame if Prestia is out, think his leadership is important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly because I bet they tried.

Its crazy as I dont believe this has ever happened before and nor should it.
stop talking in riddles and tell us what you really think

Can I ask a question to all footy supporters here?

Who actually cares about player interviews?

Even if he secretly hate the Jews or the Italians or tall people with brown hair, so long as he doesn't voice these hatreds publicly and doesn't do anything that causes public harm, so long as he plays well then I don't care what he does or say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back