Captains Round 11 VC/Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Pickett tag last week ?

NO
View attachment 1996064

I want Merrett as VC if I have him in my VC and C calculations but that means passing on Daicos, Serong and Butters as VC.

My only C option if I go Merrett VC that I like is Oliver but not sure if the saints will tag him.

So confused.

I want Merrett as VC if I have him in my VC and C calculations but that means passing on Daicos, Serong and Butters as VC.

My only C option if I go Merrett VC that I like is Oliver but not sure if the saints will tag him.

So confused.
1716280529999.png

No, but Sheils from North did, so he may go to Butters this week
I'm not a fan of sticking a (VC) on a player playing in Launceston

tenor.gif

Is nobody worried that Merrett is just going to cruise at half forward for the majority of the game or get tagged by Pickett?
I'm not - in fact I hope it happens as I don't have Merrett but would like to trade him in cheap after his bye :devil:

Last edited:
I don’t see Jordon going to Bont. He’s tagged Anderson, Whitfield, Walsh, Clarke all relatively outside players. Can see him going to Dale
Bont has proved to be almost un-taggable. They can just move him forward and he'll out mark Jordon. Dale, or Treloar even seem more likely targets. Hopefully Dale as I don't have him.

Gawn an outsider of going big?

Marshall whilst going large gave a fair whack up to Jackson last week who hasn't looked like scoring 100 most weeks. I say that as I don't have Jackson and am $1,200 short of trading him in this week so yes I am a little jilted.

Plans possibly
Merrett VC
Gawn C

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn an outsider of going big?

Marshall whilst going large gave a fair whack up to Jackson last week who hasn't looked like scoring 100 most weeks. I say that as I don't have Jackson and am $1,200 short of trading him in this week so yes I am a little jilted.

Plans possibly
Merrett VC
Gawn C
Gawn definitely an option for the C. As you say Marshall gives up scores to rucks.

Jacko 154
Cherry 133
Sweet 136
Lord Meek 125
English 114
Nank 133

Bad scores from Draper, Briggs and Stanley, who are spuds.

After looking at that I'll be going VC Serong C Gawn.

Gawn definitely an option for the C. As you say Marshall gives up scores to rucks.

Jacko 154
Cherry 133
Sweet 136
Lord Meek 125
English 114
Nank 133

Nervous Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Jacko 154
Cherry 133
Sweet 136
Lord Meek 125
English 114
Nank 133

Gawn is coming off two 80's the last couple of times playing vs St Kilda one at Marvel one at the G

Currently averaging 132 at the G for this season though.

Can’t speak for 22’ but last year Grundy played with Gawn against the saints
22’ was v Marshall and Ryder which was typically a restricting matchup if I remember correctly
Seems to be all falling into place for a large score then.

Not even worried about a VC now. Backing Gawn in.

Marshall is definitely a favourable matchup for Gawn in the hitouts department, but the guy is starting to look pretty tired – rucking solo every week for the first time in a few years at 32 and getting blocked/bumped into on the way to nearly every contest looks to be taking a bit of a toll. Think a rest comes soon, and I'm not sure I want to put the C on him until it does.

That being said, no matter how wrecked he is, he's a pretty safe 110, so just depends on how your round is going I suppose.

1716336768438.png 1716336650414.png

There's something poetic about this. The prodigal son returns after hurting my SC team so much over the last few weeks. Up against North. He's just missed a famous win in Geelong and an epic come-from-behind victory. He's got a point to prove. He's got a team to lead in what the fans hope is a comfortable and % boosting win against North.

I'm a sucker for romance... and pain...

Only decision left is to VC or C him?

VC Daicos
C Rozee

or

VC Rozee
C Oliver

View attachment 1996552 View attachment 1996549

There's something poetic about this. The prodigal son returns after hurting my SC team so much over the last few weeks. Up against North. He's just missed a famous win in Geelong and an epic come-from-behind victory. He's got a point to prove. He's got a team to lead in what the fans hope is a comfortable and % boosting win against North.

VC Daicos
C Rozee

or

VC Rozee
C Oliver
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

View attachment 1996552 View attachment 1996549

VC Daicos
C Rozee

or

VC Rozee
C Oliver
Can see him sitting forward for large portions of the game, and even managed via the vest if they're up big.

Shouldn't try to give you too much advice as we're H2H in HoF this week lol, but personally, I wouldn't put the C on him outright. Too much risk for not enough upside, IMO.

I don’t see Jordon going to Bont. He’s tagged Anderson, Whitfield, Walsh, Clarke all relatively outside players. Can see him going to Dale
Yeh I agree with this, I think the only person that’s kind of gone to Bont in recent memory was Durham and I think that was more of just a head to head match up at stoppage. I think Bont is too big for Jordan and could very easily drag him forward after stoppages. He probably goes to Dale to prevent him setting anything up, or Treloar who is a smaller mid and more on the outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back