Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Sydney, changes for West Coast, Sunday July 16

Best vs Swans

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

pies get umpired the way the dogs and port did in our games and the way freo was umpired against us a few weeks ago every week

thats the difference between missing the 8 and making the top 4 and looking like world beaters

pies with Richmond umpiring would struggle to make the top 14!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said before the game and during the week that the campaigner afl and campaigner umps would gift buddy multiple shots infront of goal in his last mcg game and they did. they even tried to get him to win the game

thankfully buddy the fat campaigner kicked the ball like its bladder had popped out 😂

The Buddy VS Young last quarter was played out in front of where we were sitting. The "interactions" between Buddy and the umpires after the ball left the area, or after Buddy remonstrated about a non free was alarming. Certainly looked to be borderline dissent at times. But the staging was Goodes quality. Throwing the head back, faking contact. Kinda ironic because in the second quarter, Buddy "bear hugged" Young so he could not spoil a kick that was marked by a Swans player. High 5 from a team mate and the sly grin that Buddy knew he should have been pinged. The umps tried to get the Swans over the line more by the non frees - several in the dying minutes.

But at the other end, our man Dusty sealed the deal, and Young certainly had the better of Buddy.

Well done Tiges, we turned it around in the second half, our backline was magnificent, and we won the contested ball more often, Dusty's getting back to near his best, Shai taking the bit between the teeth also, was very happy with our endeavor.

from halfway thru the 2nd,up until was tripe football,but hey if its deliberate and part of the plan to then steamroll oppos i think we should be
given a heads up @ least to save all the ranting

Lot of Banks love in here - mostly warranted. Note however he did directly cost us at least 2 maybe 3 goals. We can't afford to carry that if we want to push for finals. I do like the look of him though and he will be a player of the future and he wasn't the only one coughing them up out there. Obviously stays in against Coke and Dawks and probably until Shorty is back at least.

Ross huge. Just so good watching him at the ground last night. Felt like was everywhere.

Tylar Young, wow. Him and Balta will lead us to our next premiership from the back.

Vintage Dusty, they couldn't tackle him last night and he has that arrogant confidence back about him. He's ready to tear a big game apart.

Our midfield after 6 shithouse quarters of footy pulled their fingers out in the second half. Hoppers hands in the contest were elite, Taranto although not his best game was still a monster, Prestia crashing in and Bolton just incredible. Nank played like a man possessed after realising how badly he'd let us down.

Mini moving Vlas up forward, masterstroke. Such a simple solution, put one of your gun players where the ball is going, really isnt that hard and a bit of a blight on Dimma for not making similar moves (I know he move Vlas up forward once in a game against St Kilda when Jack went down with concussion early and it won us the game, but never happened again).

So annoying that we cant go in unchanged, I can't remember the last time we did?!

Out: Nank, MRJ, Bauer, Pickett
In: Soldo, Ross, Mansell, Cumbo

Pickett came out to play early and looked hungry, but I'm sorry to say he wont work up forward, we've seen enough now. I dont know where he plays to be fair. His form this year has been abysmal to say the least. I noticed he was named on the Wing, but I didn't see him line up there once.

Well I said at HT that Sydney was s*** and if Richmond gave a s*** we win easily, and then after the match Gulden confirmed that I was correct when he said: "they lifted their pressure after HT."

It's all about Richmond, all these other teams that are playing the game that Richmond forced the AFL to create are very ordinary, in fact you take away the stand rule Dimma's still coaching and we're still head and shoulders above the rest, it's that simple.

So I recommend that you guys should stop hanging s*** on our players and understand the frustration (Richmond killing Richmond) they've had to endure since the beginning of 2021, and not just because of the stand rule but the AFL and their umpires trying to keep us out of the 8 to give the other teams the belief that we were a cooked team at the end of 2020, when the fact is that we were far from cooked and the AFL just got sick and tired of watching 17 other teams getting beaten by what they knew so they went to work, I mean we were a team that were only beaten by the flu in 2018.
State of the Game rule changes came in 2019. And we won 2 more flags in that environment. Players and the club seemed slow to adapt to Stand. Gale wanted to get rid of it.
State of the Game rule changes had no effect on scoring, ditto stand. But the AFL don't repeal rule changes. They stated the Stand rule change was working.
The club seemed a bit up itself in 2021. "RFC fans don't like Marvel". Seemed pathetic. Our Motto should be anywhere, any time.
2021 & 2022 we have not been able to win close games. That has ruined our seasons. The final last year it was 5to 1 in their goal square and the 1 kicked the winning goal.

Mini is successful in that regard.

Umpiring: we have never been a club that gets a lot of free kicks. We are not on the bottom of the free kick differential table. Having a higher score actually wins games Losing the free kick count is irrelevant, especially they don't pay 50m for "dissent". Way better.

Who comes in for Bauer....

We struggled with a short fwd line and contested marking all night, so I would bring in Sampson Ryan. Who else is their really.

If they want to rest Cotch (who only played 68% game time) to get him through the last 6 games of the year I'd start Ross and sub Clarke.

Do not want Ralphsmith. Do not want Ralphsmith. DO NOT want Ralphsmith.

The Buddy VS Young last quarter was played out in front of where we were sitting. The "interactions" between Buddy and the umpires after the ball left the area, or after Buddy remonstrated about a non free was alarming. Certainly looked to be borderline dissent at times. But the staging was Goodes quality. Throwing the head back, faking contact. Kinda ironic because in the second quarter, Buddy "bear hugged" Young so he could not spoil a kick that was marked by a Swans player. High 5 from a team mate and the sly grin that Buddy knew he should have been pinged. The umps tried to get the Swans over the line more by the non frees - several in the dying minutes.

But at the other end, our man Dusty sealed the deal, and Young certainly had the better of Buddy.
Spot on assessment. Played out in front of us too and sore the exact same things as above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Sydney, changes for West Coast, Sunday July 16

Back