• Riley Collier-Dawkins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 91 34.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't feel like a 39 point win? I disagree. We should have been 7-8 goals up at half time after a putrid first half by the Bombers. Margin about right.
There was some terrible turnovers in the first half. Should have put them away but gave them so many chances they didn’t deserve

I thought Chol was OK (I think I even gave him a vote) - but he had 2 worrying moments. He was playing 'Ruckman dropping back into defence' and the ball was kicked just over his head - and he jogged after it, and Essendon took the mark 20 out straight in front. That happened twice. I actually called out the second one before the mark was taken.
It's a common thing for kids to do - they ball watch until they have a bead on exactly where the ball is, and THEN they go. You don't have that time at senior AFL level. If you are the biggest guy on the team and the ball is travelling into the oppo forward line - you have to run back with the flight instantly and impact the contest.
He has to push himself to get to more contests.

Still, he's No 1 ruck for the next 3-4 weeks, so he's going to learn fast.

Good observation.

I've been harsh on Chol for not being physical enough, but I've watched him more closely since he's been as senior level and I'm moving more toward the view that his problem is more to do with indecision than anything else.

If he can get a better grasp of when to go --whether that be going for the ball or running into space or whatever-- he'll be so much better.

Possibly it's the biggest deficiency in his game although, that said, he doesn't actually have a heck of a lot of deficiencies and I very much like what he's been bringing the last couple of weeks.

I thought Darcy Parish's body language was amusing.

He made a great effort to tackle Shai, but after Shai shrugged him off, spun, then kicked the goal Parish was standing there with a "why f@#king bother?" sort of look. :)

Probably just my imagination, but I was amused anyway!

Not sure if it's just a coincidence but I reckon our forward line has looked a lot better since Lynch went out
coincides with us getting prestia, cotchin, bolton & edwards back, much easier to get fwd with an actual midfield

but i agree with it forcing us to change riewoldts role a bit last week with 3 tall fwds

Great win by the boys. I was lucky enough to make it along and it was a really good night.

Big negative was playing Pickett in the ruck. Cost us 3 goals at least and seems inexcusable when we have CCJ sitting at full forward watching. He could of at least contested and Caddy, Shai or even Pickett could of played out of the square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The pickett ,ruck has to stop ,,momentum killer
We keep continuing this we will lose to better
Teams, even the commentators made a point about it.

The pickett ,ruck has to stop ,,momentum killer
We keep continuing this we will lose to better
Teams, even the commentators made a point about it.
Lost a lot of ascendency when he or CCJ went into the ruck . CCJ won most taps at the start of the last but Essendon read then all .

Can't have precautions if subbed off.
Regardless of diagnosis Prestia has to miss a game.
It's no coincidence that WC have so many injuries, two games for Prestia on Optus and you can almost guarantee he will tear both hamstrings and calf muscles. If it is only tightness then its a good move by the club, thought Cotch might be another rested next week for the same reason.

Im assuming this is an anti George post?
He was fantastic. Dimma had faith and he delivered
I'm anti-George but for once he delivered then again one game doesn't make up for all others. Let's see if he delivers again. Can't believe I even gave him votes :)

And Bombers feel hard done by. This goal by Stringer came off a HUGE throw by Hind that was not called and resulted in them starting the charge in the last quarter but nah, only Richmond got handed momentum by the umps.

View attachment 1147921
I hardly noticed the umps for once and thought they let the game flow which made that last quarter. they missed a couple of crucial ones eg Grimes been tacked in the square and dropping the ball but overall fair play to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's just a coincidence but I reckon our forward line has looked a lot better since Lynch went out
Not really CCJ did exactly what Lynch does. Yesterday people didn't give him many votes but his work was great and brought other players into it and that is what Lynch does. Also now we know why Lynch was playing like he was so give the guy a break helped us win 2 beautiful cups and is a champ.

And Bombers feel hard done by. This goal by Stringer came off a HUGE throw by Hind that was not called and resulted in them starting the charge in the last quarter but nah, only Richmond got handed momentum by the umps.

View attachment 1147921

im so sick of commentators not calling out obvious things like this bc it goes against their dumb narrative which last night was ‘dons being brave and hard Done by by the umps’

Think Dimma said Lambert is making a case to play next week would be the obvious choice to replace prestia. If he doesn’t come up do we bring Mansell back in and free baker back up to play some midfield minutes?
Nah, I’d bring in Dow, gonna be a really good player for us IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back