Game Day Rnd 1 - Carlton v Richmond Game Day Discussion & Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

a couple of extra quality ball users through the middle and a key forward who can kick and we are a very different side. like to see smith come in as a small forward. byrne in defence & plowman/curnow in the middle. mckay & silvagni will make a big difference up forward next year

I love Casboult. I really do, he has grabs like nobody else.

But if we're serious - this is his last year.

Been saying it for years, we will never ever be anything of substance with Casboult in the team, he has never been up to it in front of goal when we desperately need him to be.

He will be persisted with this season because we don't have anyone else to replace him right now but seriously, he is on borrowed time.

And despite that when it really mattered they went on holiday, Carlton will not win a GF with Murphy and Gibbs in the team. They have consistently done it all through their careers.
With all due respect, I'm not sure what game you were watching. Our entire midfield was dominant, we destroyed them at the contest.

A lot to like in the VFL today by reports. Byrne and Silvagni the most impressive of the players likely to strengthen the senior side in time, but Jaksch, Gorringe, Jones, Dick, JGM and DVR seem to have gone well.

JGM is the one we are waiting for as he is a true KPD.

I'm happy to fly his mum over from WA. Just to make sure she's ok.

A Northern Blues player takes out man of the match.......:)

Who ... Lambert? Why?

Leading SC scorer for the Tigers? Murph was better with the ball IMO and Rance better for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we bring that game every week we will have no problem winning our fair share of games.

It's amazing what that extra fraction of a second does to disposal. With the Malthouse game plan there was never any time. But with this game plan players look so much more assured and dare I say it confident.

Tonight was the first time my son has ever taken more than a passing interest in a Blues game. We were both so excited.

Welcome back to relevance Blues!
Gotta agree... Been awhile since my wife has been that engaged with a game.. Was great!

Boekhorst's kicking is a thing of beauty too.

BB did seem hesitant in some contests where he could have gone harder but I'm unsure if it's related to safety or him trying to think his way through it. He does some decent stuff in close to make me think he's not exactly a fraidy cat. Will be interesting watching over the next few games.

Dre obviously is soft, but you take the good with the bad with him.

A lot to like in the VFL today by reports. Byrne and Silvagni the most impressive of the players likely to strengthen the senior side in time, but Jaksch, Gorringe, Jones, Dick, JGM and DVR seem to have gone well.

JGM is the one we are waiting for as he is a true KPD.
The general wisdom seems to be that we won't see much if any of Jack this year but he's already older than SOS was when he debuted. You can't have too many smart, aware players, especially up forward. Rapt to hear he played well today and I see no reason to not give him a run if he continues this over the next month.

So did Cripps.
There were a few pivotal moments in the game that we didn't take, but all in all i'm very happy with our footy club tonight.
This.

Our first two entries in the last quarter should have yielded two goals and given us the momentum to win. But we got a point and after Cas missed his sitter you could see our sails deflate and the wind fill theirs. Big turning point. His kicking is back to its worst. Big worry.

I thought Jamo was worse than white.

Some positives tonight, Phillips looked good, haven't heard much about him, I thought white popped up at some critical moments, Tuohy was ok, the only player I see being a cert. not to be picked next week is Buckley, does some good things but geez he makes some horrible mistakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Rnd 1 - Carlton v Richmond Game Day Discussion & Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back