RIP James Gandolfini aka Tony Soprano.
Died today in Italy.

0619-james-gandolfini-died-death-article-1.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/19/james-gandolfini-dead-dies-italy/

:(

he was only 51 ...

One of Australia's great iconoclasts.

Vale.

Yes. I first remember seeing one of his paintings on a cover of a Peter Carey book when I was a kid.

Always reminds me of the great Italian painter De Chirico

de-chirico1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an article about this guy and the experiment in question in one of the weekend papers a few months back. Fascinating.

The professor has now died.

The curator of what may be the world’s longest running experiment, known as the pitch drop, passed away last week without ever getting to see the rare and exceedingly slow-moving drip he had waited decades to witness.
Professor John Mainstone died of a stroke on Friday, according to his school, the University of Queensland in Brisbane. He was 78 years old.
“John’s death is particularly sad as in his time as the custodian of the experiment, he did not see a single drop fall,” School of Mathematics and Physics head Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop said in the university’s news release.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-310566/

Gandolfini, loved him in the Sopranos. Also loved his very understated, insecure thug in Get Shorty.

Dennis Farina, loved him in a lot, none more so than in Snatch. Was also his typical self in Get Shorty.

Author Elmore Leonard passed away earlier this week.
Author of a stack of books, such as Rum Punch, filmed by Tarantino as 'Jackie Brown'.
Pretty long and successful career, he wrote a short story way back in the early 50s, twice made into a movie, '3:10 to Yuma', he was still writing up until his death.

My favourite was always "Get Shorty", of course made into the movie of the same name, and unfortunately tying in nicely with a couple of our other recent departures.

Bummer. Though you can't be unhappy with a knock of 87.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back