Suspended
Aug 16, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spurs, Liverpool, Barca
Which would you choose and why?

Barlow currently not available for freo, Hards playing well for essendon.

who would you prefer in your team?

Funny this was a bomber supporters post :eek:

images

Barlow was a Brownlow medal fancy before he did his leg. Hardingham has become a very handy defender, but he's not in the same league as the 2010 version of Barlow. The question is, will Barlow be the same after such a horrific injury?

Barlow was awesome for Freo last season. Injured this season.

Hardingham has been close to our best defender this season.

Ask me in 3 years.

If by 'right now' you mean this weekend I guess I'd go Hardingham. Is that what you're looking for?

Barlow right now by a large margian (almost won a Brownlow on that form last year), but who knows in 3 years, Hardingham doesn't have any glaring weaknesses and is very consistent.

If by 'right now' you mean this weekend I guess I'd go Hardingham. Is that what you're looking for?

I dunno, I'd probably still prefer to watch some re-runs of Roving Mike on Docker TV this weekend than watch Essendon play Brisbane.

Provided there was no permanent damage to Barlow's leg he should win pretty easily. He had the best debut season we have seen for a very, very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barlow is injured right now. Your question is thereby pointless, as one player can't actually get on the park.

Based on what I've seen from Barlow '10, and Hardingham '11, I'll take Barlow.

Is this trying to excuse the stupidity of passing on Barlow?

That's incredible foresight that Knights had in predicting Barlow's broken leg. Why did you get rid of him as coach if he had such a detailed knowledge of the future.

Oh man.......

If Barlow never got injured this wouldn't even be a question. Infact, it's just a really stupid question to begin with.

"If Barlow didn't break his leg and require surgery and look like missing an entire season would you prefer a player that is playing at the moment?"

Just a stupid, stupid question.

hold up people... yes it's a one way thread... but some people's reaction are way over the top...

Barlow was a revelation last year... and was sensational... but people have to take into consideration that we had never seen a rookie come in and dominate so much... so it took us by surprise...

However now we've seen multiple examples... sure none at the rate of Barlow... but it's not blasphomy to compare...

Hardingham is a sensational player... as much as I hate Essendon, he, Crameri and Howlett have become some of my favourite players in the league... people might not agree, but I have Hardingham as a real chance for AA this year...

Which would you choose and why?

Barlow currently not available for freo, Hards playing well for essendon.

who would you prefer in your team?

Are you serious?? **** my life down the toilet. I read the thread title and thought "Please... please dont be an Essendon supporter". To find out that youre a BigFooty seniour member is astounding, do you not post on here at all? Could you not see the obvious set up to ridicule??In your defence, Hardinghams influence has been SHOCKINGLY underrated, and his ability to play tall and small really suits that hole we needed filled. We are happy with Hardingham, Freo would be more than happy with Barlow (legs aside). But this whole "Whos better (Hint I want you to say my guy)" just embarrasses us as a club. Stop it.

Barlow is injured right now. Your question is thereby pointless, as one player can't actually get on the park.

Based on what I've seen from Barlow '10, and Hardingham '11, I'll take Barlow.

Youd take Barlow because he doesnt play for Essendon, so in fairness your opinion is not really relevant (no insult intended, just again in fairness Hawks and Bombers supporters dont have a huge history of being Impartial about each other)

Barlow could have won a Brownlow last year, and Hardingham has been very very very good in defence this year.

Theyre both great finds really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back