Preview Richmond vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh the arrogance of Geelong Supporters!
Keep an eye on the Geelong Advertiser, will be some interesting articles no doubt!
The Geelong Agoniser? Refuse to pay money to read the garbage that is in that rubbish publication.

We are playing like a relegation side at the moment.:(

LMAO...Harry - "we was robbed" Di Matteo - "yeah it wasnt a goal, but there were 4 others."

par for the course for Harry dude. Seen it with his other sides, he comes in and they fly with the list he inherits, then he starts putting in the shopping list of his own and slowly it all turns to shit and off he goes to another job and this time its looking like England too...should be funny. ;)

There's a few Geelong supporters down this way and they all seem to think this week will just be a walkover.

Geelong would want to make sure they are switched on this week or we will beat them. Watched the North game and they just thought they needed to turn up to win. This is the classic situation that all good teams fall into when they are on the slide. All of a sudden the hunger to win every single game starts to wane.

I actually think that if they were playing a top team this week they'd come out breathing fire. But I don't think they respect us (certainly Geelong supporters don't). There's a real chance they'll sit back and wait for things to happen. And if they do that, we'll win.

Maybe this is hedging my bets but it's a game that I think we'll lose but would not be surprised if we beat them. This week looms for them as a bit like our Rd 1 with all the hype about unfurling the flag and first game at KP for the year.

There's a few Geelong supporters down this way and they all seem to think this week will just be a walkover.

Geelong would want to make sure they are switched on this week or we will beat them. Watched the North game and they just thought they needed to turn up to win. This is the classic situation that all good teams fall into when they are on the slide. All of a sudden the hunger to win every single game starts to wane.

I actually think that if they were playing a top team this week they'd come out breathing fire. But I don't think they respect us (certainly Geelong supporters don't). There's a real chance they'll sit back and wait for things to happen. And if they do that, we'll win.

Maybe this is hedging my bets but it's a game that I think we'll lose but would not be surprised if we beat them. This week looms for them as a bit like our Rd 1 with all the hype about unfurling the flag and first game at KP for the year.

hey dude, when did we move Geelong to Doha? ;)

Can't see the Cats standing around in zones all day like they did against the Roos. They were standing around waiting for North to turn the ball over, expect the total opposite this week.

Can't see the Cats standing around in zones all day like they did against the Roos. They were standing around waiting for North to turn the ball over, expect the total opposite this week.

they were but they waiting because they couldnt get a handle on the pill. It wasnt their game plan, it was the Roos forcing them into it. We bring it they will be doing the same thing. All we need to do is when we get them into that mindset, we need to get the ****ing scoreboard blowing fuses.

Tipping Chris Scott is one of those groucho type coaches, i.e can coach if the team doesnt need one and when it does need one he has NFI. His coaching career has been one plan, i have the best cattle and we will just play better than our opponents. Now he aint got that cattle and he is being found out....stay tuned. Not suggesting they will capitulate, but they are in that tunnel that has a neon light at the end of it flashing, "This way to the mire" ;)

beating them in the contested ball would be a good start. they havent won that stat at all so far.

and with no scarlett i really hope riewoldt can actually make a big impact.
be intresting to see what we do with vickery.

also be good to see if our 'depth' can keep their form up. would love conca to kick another couple and have 30+ again.

morris to stevie j?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect Chapman, Kelly, Johnson et al to be breathing fire after a slow start to the year. I've got seriously low expectations this week so if we are competitive ill be stoked.

North have been running in groups and handballing a lot out of defense. They troubled Hawthorn with it last year and were unlucky. I don't think were in a position to change our gameplan at a weeks notice. Carlton also seem to be running the ball out of defense as well, seems to be the vogue way to break down the forward press so far this season.

North have been running in groups and handballing a lot out of defense. They troubled Hawthorn with it last year and were unlucky. I don't think were in a position to change our gameplan at a weeks notice. Carlton also seem to be running the ball out of defense as well, seems to be the vogue way to break down the forward press so far this season.

It is the vulnerability of the press, they have players spread out to cover a lot of space. If you have 3 to 4 players running and handballing the angles then with weight of numbers you can slice through a press before it collapses in on you.

It worked for us for about a quarter vs Collingwood, about a half vs Geelong and about 3/4s vs Hawthorn last year. It has been something we have worked on over the last few years but our players were too skinny, not fit enough and not skilled enough to pull it off, we have improved in these categories this year. Now we are in a position were we have to be able to sustain it week in and week out and also develop plan B for when it is not working or when the conditions do not allow you to handball a lot.

It was all the stars aligned & Roos were the team with the right attitude to the advantage of the cats at their weakest moment.

Cant believe the amount of negative talk about geelong here atm , They are still the best team in the league make no mistake & they will come out and smack us stupid this weekend to prove it.

Anything under 50 points , we would of done well !

Anyone else salivating at the thought of seeing Cotchin and Selwood going head to head? Drafted in the same year too I think? Gonna be a ripper matchup! Damn glad I'll be there to see it live.

EDIT: Selwood drafted a year earlier

Anyone else salivating at the thought of seeing Cotchin and Selwood going head to head? Drafted in the same year too I think? Gonna be a ripper matchup! Damn glad I'll be there to see it live.

Different years mate !

Selwood was drafted in jack Riewoldts draft along with squibbs

Cotchin & Kreuzer were the year after i believe.

We have also been doing this I feel...

wow, so much disrespect to Geelong on this thread.
If you guys think the best Geelong served up was against Nth Melbourne, well you've obviously all forgotten about the week before when they defeated Hawthorn who were premiership favourites at the time?
Any thought that this team has dropped off significantly is a little naive.
There's a real interesting video on youtube doing the circles atm after the loss to Nth Melbourne last week - an indepth look at how Geelong can be beaten?
Good luck if you think this is going to happen again this week guys
lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMu924F_ThM

Care to point it out? Pretty sure the majority of any disrespect began when a Geelong troll impeded on the thread. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm sure our match committee is all over some YOUTUBE video doing the 'circles' (sic), and no doubt we'll be solely depending on that to get a win on the weekend. :eek:

I actually think that if they were playing a top team this week they'd come out breathing fire. But I don'te think they respect us (certainly Geelong supporters don't). There's a real chance they'll sit back and wait for things to happen. And if they do that, we'll win.

whether Geelong supporters respect us or not doesnt really matter. I don't really respect anyone or thing outside Punt Rd that's just how it is but has no relevance.
The Geelong players not respecting the Richmond Footy Club is an issue however,and it's so plainly obvious they don't. Why would they?
Listening to former Geelong players like Harley and Ling makes my skin crawl as their total lack of respect for us is obvious whether they try hiding it or not.

They are right to disrespect us but that's a massive massive thing for the boys to cope with on field and overcome.Hopefully it starts this week and we don't see the usual suspects chirping with our blokes just meekly being treated like shit.And I don't mean by starting a bullshit melee but just thinking "I'll go harder than you **** and I'll keep going harder until I wipe the smile off your face".
Geelong players think we are a joke.

whether Geelong supporters respect us or not doesnt really matter. I don't really respect anyone or thing outside Punt Rd that's just how it is but has no relevance.
The Geelong players not respecting the Richmond Footy Club is an issue however,and it's so plainly obvious they don't. Why would they?
Listening to former Geelong players like Harley and Ling makes my skin crawl as their total lack of respect for us is obvious whether they try hiding it or not.

They are right to disrespect us but that's a massive massive thing for the boys to cope with on field and overcome.Hopefully it starts this week and we don't see the usual suspects chirping with our blokes just meekly being treated like shit.And I don't mean by starting a bulkshit melee but just thinking "I'll go harder than you **** and I'll keep going harder instill I wipe the smile off your face".
Geelong players think we are a joke.

Top post :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back