Certified Legendary Thread Richmond GIFs

Remove this Banner Ad

not really surprising that I had to break up the "quality plays" into 3 GIF's (one with the requested Seth Campbell running one-handed pickup and the two below) :D

• Roberts kicks it directly to Taranto spoiled by McCartin down to Bolton who snaps a nice goal over Rampe's attempted smother & in front of Roberts in the goalsquare
  • MRJ great chase-down tackle for HTB on BCampbell
  • Vlastuin flattens Papley nicely to prevent him running onto the ball towards goal
  • Bolton with a very nice contested mark against two opponents in Grundy and BCampbell
  • Dow great chase-down tackle/bump on Heeney preventing a kick I50 (not rewarded as it was considered a "bump", not a "tackle"... interesting).
  • Sonsie gets Broad handball and breaks LLoyd's ankles and kicks towards the F50.

• Marlion attacks the footy opposing McDonald and beats him to it with intensity and spins away from him with the footy and gets a handball out to Vlastuin
  • DRioli quality tackle on McInerney to get HTB
  • Vlastuin anticipates Warner kick across to Rowbottom and gets a hand in the way and and goes forward to Lynch to Bolton but he misses
  • Pickett quality chase-down tackle on Jordon for HTB to finish out the 3rd Quarter. Good signs.
  • Dow with a strong tackle on Warner but is not rewarded
  • Brown with a brave move to get in front of Hayward's lead to spoil
  • MRJ gets in front of Mitchell defensively, worries him out of possession and picks up and blind turns past Warner's tackle gets it to Taranto to exit D50.
  • DRioli from WAYYY back chases down and bumps/tackles Mitchell (not rewarded again, paid as a bump, not a tackle).

And finally the defender love-in with the intercept marks compilation. Basically a Vlastuin masterclass :) (as per much of the above GIF's, to be fair, he was absolutely immense in this game)

• Miller intercept mark
  • Nankervis intercept mark
  • Pickett intercept mark
  • Brown intercept mark
  • Miller intercept mark #2
  • Baker intercept mark
  • Brown intercept mark #2; not paid as it appears Nank was paid a HTM against him on Grundy.
  • KMac intercept mark; a nicely contested one
  • Dow intercept mark
  • Bolton with quality chase/pressure on Warner preventing a reasonable kick I50 which leads to a nice floating-across contested Vlastuin intercept mark
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #2
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #3
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #4
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #5
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #6; another nicely contested one.
  • DRioli intercept mark
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #7

There were so many miscellaneous quality plays that they had to be split into two giant GIFs :)

• Broad spoil to Taranto to DRioli to Lefau beats 2 Saints aerially and then beats Bonner tackle, don't argue's Byrnes to KMac don't argue's Bonner to Dow to DRioli to Dusty to Taranto to Dusty to Mansell to Bolton lead mark but miss.
  • Taranto chase-down tackle on Jones for HTB
  • JRoss kicks forward to Kozi spoil to Taranto front & centre, turns on his heels nicely to snap I50 and avoid the smother and hits Bolton on the chest, but he passes.
  • Bolton flies and competes against 2 Saints and MRJ is front & centre and gets the ball cleanly and quickly handballs over his head on an outlet to Pickett to go I50
  • DRioli intercept possession to Young to DRioli to Brown beats Byrnes off the side of his boot deliberately to Dusty mark and amazingly he wasn't paid 50m

• DRioli beats both Higgins and Marshall to the footy, walks past Marshall and Caminiti, shows a fresh pair of heels to Higgins and breaks Butler tackle & kicks ahead
  • Young gets back quickly running off his man to spoil Camaniti's attempt at a mark near the goal line.
  • Kozi nice contested mark on Caminiti
  • MRJ brilliant run down tackle with ferocity on Bonner (had to have it here by itself as well as in the subsequent goal above)
  • Vlastuin very good pressure on the mark to smother Hill's attempted play-on-kick.
  • MRJ another brilliant run down tackle on Wilson for HTB
  • Brown very nice jumping spoil in front of Membrey's lead and then immediate follow-up tackle on Butler
  • Young does a great diving smother on Jones to prevent a shot at goal from even scoring :)
  • Nank out of ruck to a running Broad from D50 to Campbell long & high kick to Lefau way out of position gets a finger to it, but it was an unsuccessful I50 entry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And finally the weekly defender love-in with the intercept marks, once again

• Miller intercept mark; a very good contested one against Membrey
  • Broad intercept mark
  • Taranto intercept mark
  • Broad intercept mark
  • Brown intercept mark; a quality contested one against Membrey
  • Short intercept mark
  • Nankervis intercept mark #2
  • Nankervis intercept mark #3
  • Miller intercept mark #2
  • Brown intercept mark #2
  • Broad intercept mark #2
  • Broad intercept mark #3
  • Nankervis intercept mark #4, a quality contested man-in-front pack mark
  • Nankervis intercept mark #5
  • Vlastuin intercept mark
  • Brown intercept mark #3
  • DRioli intercept mark

Reid tries to HB but Dow smothers it, Kane runs onto it to JGTI to Kosi spoiled by Barrass to MRJ nice gather in traffic I50 to Mansell/McGovern, Mansell recovers first and beats Duggan to the ball, spins and tap kicks to Lefau to Sonsie in the goalsquare, play-on and goal.

Lefau just picks up Cole one-armed while fending him off and drops him to the ground to get the kick away back I50 (unsuccessful)

Then Lefau with his 2nd full-body don't argue... this one on Duggan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back