Rex Hunt's best nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

. I preferrered the 'Tobin Briothers' call.

And at the time of his moving on AW so did many people. AW lost market share quickly and the blame was put squarely at his feet and the fact many people got over his nonsense that once rated so highly. People changed their dial and went looking for people calling games of football on the radio and went to a circus to hear a clown.

Can the Rex haters make their own thread and not pollute this one please....

Yellow Brick Croad was my fave along with 'ring a ding ding' for peter bell & chrome motorbike for Harley :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rex was awesome. He was the kerry O'keefe of football callers. And anything was better than those idiots on krock - or god forbid 5AA adelaide.

I don't really like the guy, but his commentating is unique.
Who is Kerry O'Keefe? I presume it's female.

Amazing life you're living hey. Even went to the trouble of hiding another full stop in white so your post could go through. LOL. honestly it's a thread for Rex fans, clearly.

"And the umpire crosses himself like the Monsignior blessing the lammingtons".

Little Billy McMahon - Jordan McMahon

Hahn premium light.

Sarah Lonie - Ryan Lonie

Alistair Nicholson - big jack/You can't handle the truth!

My personal favourites:

"The Date Hunter" aka John Worsfold
"The Cucumber" aka Guy McKenna

I remember a Bulldogs v Carlton game and he pulls out someting along the lines of "...and where is Grant? Oh, he's snuggled up in the pocket with B-R-O-W-N" Obviously referring to actor Hugh Grant and Divine Brown.

And who can forget his famous "I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-t-t-t-s-s-s-s O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-v-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-r!" Cry?

Pure Gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rex Hunt's best nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

Back