Revolt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question.

Is there anyone on this board old enough to truly remember the VFL and the transition/opening to the AFL?

If so what are your insights? Does some of the Vic-centric bias make sense to you? Is is truly 'their competition'?

Genuine question.

Is there anyone on this board old enough to truly remember the VFL and the transition/opening to the AFL?

If so what are your insights? Does some of the Vic-centric bias make sense to you? Is is truly 'their competition'?
I am more than old enough to remember the events very well.
Old enought to have sat in the South Fremantle social club and listen to Percy Johnson telling people, joining the VFL will just be like club football. At that stage all of WA was in love with SOO. Percy said that is far different to what you will see.
Stingbitten ,I think you are correct in querying some posters on this topic.

Just shows how weak the WAFC have been in allowing it to go 37 years and still not done something about it.
If you can't see how much better off the entire competition would be with four less unviable teams then you need new glasses.
Why don' we look st making it a 26, maybe 30 team competition. More players at a level that is nowhere near what should be required at AFL level.
Okay so let's turf the four most unviable teams then.

It is all about economics.

You get your masochist's wish of North Melbourne folding, but off go Gold Coast, GWS, and Brisbane.

Meaning it's now a 14 team competition with nine in Victoria.

Meaning it's now two-thirds a Victorian competition, as opposed to being sliiightly over half.

You get your masochist's wish of North Melbourne folding, but off go Gold Coast, GWS, and Brisbane.

Meaning it's now two-thirds a Victorian competition, as opposed to being sliiightly over half.
Gws and the suns are the future.
Nm and the saints are the past.

Mate i dgaf who they turf out of Melbourne i wouldn’t shed a tear , if you want integrity and fairness thats what needs to happen, ten teams in one state and calling it our national league is a joke.

LK

Meaning it's now two-thirds a Victorian competition, as opposed to being sliiightly over half
GCS& GWS are OWNED , BY THE AFL. Brissie is not.
Like talking to Fcn brick wall.
I bet you didn't check out the sitd I posted here.

GCS& GWS are OWNED , BY THE AFL. Brissie is not.
Like talking to Fcn brick wall.
I bet you didn't check out the sitd I posted here.
Who owns the Brisbane Lions? all clubs are 'owned' by the AFL except the WA ones. the AFL owns the name and identity of every entity.

Gold Coast and GWS are operated by the AFL, however.

You keep saying we should boot out the unprofitable clubs, then said boot out the four least profitable. those four are the Suns, Giants, Brisbane Lions, and North Melbourne.

Just be forthright and say, regardless of information or logic, that you don't want the Kangaroos, Melbourne, Saints, and Bulldogs in the competition. just say that. stop coming up with these tangential theories or angles.

Mate i dgaf who they turf out of Melbourne i wouldn’t shed a tear , if you want integrity and fairness thats what needs to happen, ten teams in one state and calling it our national league is a joke.
About 70% of the English football pyramid are based in three regions where the clubs are all about an hour's drive from another at most: the North West, the Midlands, and greater London.

About 90% of the Scottish leagues are all in the Central Belt and are essentially from what we'd consider the Geelongs or Mandurahs of Glasgow and Edinburgh – and the distance between those two cities are is like, Joondalup to Freo.

Plymouth Argyle or Exeter City or Carlisle don't bitch and moan. nor does Ross County in the SPL.

Pretty sure the Vfl was going broke and the wafl was bleeding most of their best players to the Vfl. So Wc agreed to join the comp and pay 4mill (A lot of money at the time)which saved.yhe Vfl's financial arse. In return WC were basically gifted a state team and were still receiving priority access to players even after winning their first premiership. Adelaide followed etc and the more teams that entered the less they received until the northern clubs came in. Port hid a few players in the sanfl reserves so they were able to put together a better team than us,. But they also did it better than us anyway. We were a very amateur organisation when we came into the comp and we have struggled to shake that tag ever since.

About 70% of the English football pyramid are based in three regions where the clubs are all about an hour's drive from another at most: the North West, the Midlands, and greater London.

About 90% of the Scottish leagues are all in the Central Belt and are essentially from what we'd consider the Geelongs or Mandurahs of Glasgow and Edinburgh – and the distance between those two cities are is like, Joondalup to Freo.

Plymouth Argyle or Exeter City or Carlisle don't bitch and moan. nor does Ross County in the SPL.
Wtf are you worried about 4 or 5 Melbourne teams being booted out and making it a proper national comp, don’t you want an equal fixture where Vic teams share the burden of travel , instead some clubs stay in Melbourne for months on end before they leave the state or in some cases all the way to the GF, some bizarre thinking for someone that follows an interstate team.

Wtf are you worried about 4 or 5 Melbourne teams being booted out and making it a proper national comp, don’t you want an equal fixture where Vic teams share the burden of travel , instead some clubs stay in Melbourne for months on end before they leave the state or in some cases all the way to the GF, some bizarre thinking for someone that follows an interstate team.
Nah, I like the history of the Victorian teams and know how much football means to people.

It's like tearing down an old building so you can get to work 20 minutes quicker.

Nah, I like the history of the Victorian teams and know how much football means to people.

It's like tearing down an old building so you can get to work 20 minutes quicker.
Shees with "logic" like that I concede.
One can not discuss anyone with that"logic".
I concede. I am and will be forever sorry for actually wanting something that makes a better game and competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the Vfl was going broke and the wafl was bleeding most of their best players to the Vfl. So Wc agreed to join the comp and pay 4mill (A lot of money at the time)which saved.yhe Vfl's financial arse. In return WC were basically gifted a state team and were still receiving priority access to players even after winning their first premiership. Adelaide followed etc and the more teams that entered the less they received until the northern clubs came in. Port hid a few players in the sanfl reserves so they were able to put together a better team than us,. But they also did it better than us anyway. We were a very amateur organisation when we came into the comp and we have struggled to shake that tag ever since.
You are wasting your time even trying to explain how it all began. I have tried and tried and tried , but brickwall attitude is hard to get through.
Don't waste time trying to be logical.

You, are wasting your time .
You will feel better bashing your head against a brick wall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back