No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to welcome all the latecomers to Stage 5 - Acceptance.

Now let's focus on the key issues. Paddy is "worth" pick 1 plus pick 2. This is the starting point for the AFC. He is the type of player that you can build your team around and he is just reaching his peak. Restricted Free Agency gives us pick 14 at the best and costs Geelong nothing. This is their starting point. We have to reach a reasonable compromise or they can GAGF.

I suspect that a first and a second round draft pick spread across the next 2 years plus a good young player is where it will land.

So, do we close the club and give up? The fact is that our midfield with Paddy playing at his best was smoked by the Hawks last Friday. Losing Paddy will be damaging but it is retrievable. We have have a boat load of good to very good inside mids (Unlike the Vaders of the world I do rate Matty Crouch and CEY). What we lack is good outside midfielders. Last Friday we played Mackay and Hendo on the "wings" and Smith and Hill amongst others that rolled through the "wings" absolutely killed us.

We have a young exciting back six, we have very exciting forwards and we have a very good ruckman. If we can "swap" Paddy for two good to very good outside midfielders we will be a better team next year.

That's arguably true. We may lose the best player in the competition, but we have the opportunity to fix the 15-22 range of the team, which leaves us in a better position.

We can not accept a low first rd compensation draft pick. That is not going to cut it. I dont give a shit about what hawthorn got for buddy. This is different, geelong arent prepared to sell the farm for him so if they want him they need to cough up their pick 10 and next years first rd or pick 10 and cockatoo. If he wants to be difficult about it wel tell carlton to pick him up in the pre season draft with all their judd $$. 800k a year will easily be matched by the afc and we need to force gfc to the trade table otherwise we are getting royally screwed.

Gee, I hope that would happen...

Trigg: Hello Patrick, it's going to be great working together again!

Dangerfield: Oh FFS. Can i get a trade?

I'm actually really getting pissed off at how our players are reacting to this! Stop making a ******* joke about it! I don't pay about $400 a year on membership for the club to be making a joke about this issue! If they want to make inside jokes about it, then they should have a private account for it, not a public one!

Players must see each other as much as colleagues as 'team mates'. With so much big money...more than 90% of us will ever make per year for even an average players, these guys must just see someone going to another club like a work colleague going to another company.

I still find it hard to accept, after everything we have been through this year, that someone would even consider leaving. If it was me, and I was desperate to go home, I would sign for another 2 years to support the club and my teammates who have been through so much.

If Dangerfueld, acting as an aflpa representative, is supposedly the measuring stick of player integrity and professionalusm what dos that say about the rest of them.

If this happens, we should all buy an Adelaide Crows Lotto Syndicate ticket.

Dreaming, will be lucky to get one of those four players.

I honestly think it will work out like this if we match which we have to! ,

2 First Round picks and a player Maybe Nakia Cockatoo or someone else,
Trade a pick for Menzel
Trade a pick for Aish (Not sure think he might re-sign)
2 players and a pick for Bennell and O'meara

If Trigg was there still I wouldn't expect anything like this, but with Fagan there i expect them to play hardball they have been planning for this situation for the past 18 months. I think at least we will end up with Bennell & Menzel.

Heard a snippet of Caro from FC on the radio this morning. She "thinks" Patty* , or more correctly his camp, will demand the Crows accept the compo. Vastly different to reporting as fact that Patty has told the Crows to accept it. Compare that with her article on Danger leaving- which was stated as fact.

That is, one is her opinion, and one is from her sources. That's my read of it anyway.

* is it too early to call him Traitorfield yet?

This is where you have to be careful watching/listening to these "news breaker" journalists, their opinions are regularly mistaken for having the inside word.

On one hand we have Dwayne Russell, who has no love for the crows yet reportedly knows the family quite well, reporting that Geelong and Adelaide have reached an agreement most likely involving draft picks, on the other hand we have Hutchy reporting he's sent us an ultimatum to cop FA compo.

Now, let's also consider:
- Danger's supposedly good friends with Noble often having in depth have chats with him about list management, he'd know and would understand what impact his leaving would have and you wouldn't have thought he'd want to screw over a friend.
- His family also supposedly have a good relationship with the Crows, we employ his Father and his Grandfather's supposedly building/built a statue of Roo in Waikerie.
- Danger is in business with a prominent board member of our club, plus our captain and another member of our leadership group.

Does this fit with a player who would walk out on a football club denying them an opportunity to obtain fair value in return?

Patrick's also still welcome to B&F etc as a club player, does anyone think the club would be particularly accommodating and continue to run with Patrick's line of "I haven't decided" if he'd just come to them and said "I'm outta here, accept FA or I'll demand a trade, later losers..."? What's in it for them to continue running this line?

No, if Patrick has in fact indicated to the club that he intends to leave for personal reasons as is being widely reported, the fact that the club is remaining quiet suggests that every thing is still pretty amicable between parties and that its likely a fair deal will be struck, if it hasn't already.

Besides, why the fk would entering the PSD, where Geelong has the 9th pick and risk being picked up by Carlton, Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Melbourne... all of whom, especially Carlton who are already losing Henderson, Yarran, Judd, Bell possibly Menzel, Kruezer and others, could likely clear some cap space pretty quickly if it appeared Paddy might be available to pick up for free on a 5 year contract.

I'm sorry, but if Paddy wants a smooth trip to Geelong, he remains amicable with Adelaide and will have already discussed with Geelong their willingness to trade for him, not just pick him up as a FA and factored that into his decision.

Agree. Apparently the players and Tippett are still besties. It seems its the long suffering fans, who have to fork over their hard earned, who pay the price.
It sickens me that they're still mates with Gunston who abandoned the club on Club Champion night, the night where he was going to ****ing win the award and they had to change the winner because he ****ed back off to Victoria! Absolutely ****ing sickens me! People will say "What's players personal relationships have to do with you"?? Well on one hand it doesn't, but on the other hand, they represent our football club and if they want to still be close with players that abandon and trash the footy club then they can **** off with the for all I care! Sorry, but I'm furious with this whole situation! Our football club has been through hell and back and after poor Walshy left us, we're back in a place deeper than hell! The emotional scars that this footy club has, will now need years to heal! It's just a great thing that our supporter base is so strong and resilient!

Trade a pick for Menzel

If Trigg was there still I wouldn't expect anything like this, but with Fagan there i expect them to play hardball they have been planning for this situation for the past 18 months. I think at least we will end up with Bennell & Menzel.

You know what? That'd go straight to the pool room.

But I'm hearing "tell him he's dreaming."

We need to turn this into a positive and use this as a catalyst for major changes in recruitment, list mgmt and selection policy.

This is where you have to be careful watching/listening to these "news breaker" journalists, their opinions are regularly mistaken for having the inside word.

On one hand we have Dwayne Russell, who has no love for the crows yet reportedly knows the family quite well, reporting that Geelong and Adelaide have reached an agreement most likely involving draft picks, on the other hand we have Hutchy reporting he's sent us an ultimatum to cop FA compo.

Now, let's also consider:
- Danger's supposedly good friends with Noble often having in depth have chats with him about list management, he'd know and would understand what impact his leaving would have and you wouldn't have thought he'd want to screw over a friend.
- His family also supposedly have a good relationship with the Crows, we employ his Father and his Grandfather's supposedly building/built a statue of Roo in Waikerie.
- Danger is in business with a prominent board member of our club, plus our captain and another member of our leadership group.

Does this fit with a player who would walk out on a football club denying them an opportunity to obtain fair value in return?

Patrick's also still welcome to B&F etc as a club player, does anyone think the club would be particularly accommodating and continue to run with Patrick's line of "I haven't decided" if he'd just come to them and said "I'm outta here, accept FA or I'll demand a trade, later losers..."? What's in it for them to continue running this line?

No, if Patrick has in fact indicated to the club that he intends to leave for personal reasons as is being widely reported, the fact that the club is remaining quiet suggests that every thing is still pretty amicable between parties and that its likely a fair deal will be struck, if it hasn't already.

Besides, why the fk would entering the PSD, where Geelong has the 9th pick and risk being picked up by Carlton, Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Melbourne... all of whom, especially Carlton who are already losing Henderson, Yarran, Judd, Bell possibly Menzel, Kruezer and others, could likely clear some cap space pretty quickly if it appeared Paddy might be available to pick up for free on a 5 year contract.

I'm sorry, but if Paddy wants a smooth trip to Geelong, he remains amicable with Adelaide and will have already discussed with Geelong their willingness to trade for him, not just pick him up as a FA and factored that into his decision.
Exactly, Caro's article was her reporting what she thought were facts, she even included in their that Geelong expect us to play hardball. Then on FC its "I think" and "my opinion" that he is prepared to walk to the draft. What changed?

Russell was very strong it was a done deal, he didnt say "I think" "my opinion"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to turn this into a positive and use this as a catalyst for major changes in recruitment, list mgmt and selection policy.
For starters, any player approaching free agency gets a contract put before them and if they don't sign it, it's off to the trade table with them.

Couldn't disagree more.

The more jokes I see the better I feel about it.

If the players are joking about it it shows they couldn't give a shit, which is exactly the mentality they should have looking forward. It shows that they are confident in the direction we are headed and danger is but 1 man, who will be replaced by another.

I would be horrified of the players started freaking out like the fans.

Great post. This is how I am choosing to look at it too.
The players joking about it either means a) they're confident Danger is actually staying and this whole thing is a hilarious media troll in-joke, and/or b) if he is leaving, they're not terrified / pissed off / devastated because they're comfortable with where this club is going, with or without Danger.

#itsnotovertilthefatladysings

Trade a pick for Menzel

We will be lucky* just to get two first round picks.

One of those MIGHT get you Bennell (if you are again lucky*).
Assuming he was willing to come, our current first rounder MIGHT get us Aish (if we are again lucky*).

Second MIGHT get us Menzel (if we are lucky*).

Best case scenario, that leaves us with a first rounder, third and fourth (and no O'Meara).

If I was playing an AFL equivalent of Football Manager, then I would like your thinking!

*Note: we are never lucky

If Dangerfield and Geelong are trying to be campaigners and make us not force a trade, they will wait until the last minute of Sunday, October 18 to submit their contract, leaving us with only 4 days to go over his contract, decided if we still match and then make a trade before the end of trade period on the 22nd. If they wait until the last possible moment it will make it hard for us to bring a 3rd party into the trade or then on trade any picks for other players.

We will be lucky* just to get two first round picks.

One of those MIGHT get you Bennell (if you are again lucky*).
Assuming he was willing to come, our current first rounder MIGHT get us Aish (if we are again lucky*).

Second MIGHT get us Menzel (if we are lucky*).

Best case scenario, that leaves us with a first rounder, third and fourth (and no O'Meara).

If I was playing an AFL equivalent of Football Manager, then I would like your thinking!

*Note: we are never lucky

Fagan said at that Melbourne forum that they will be well placed with our without Danger, They have a plan and it's obviously a good plan. We will also get that GWS Defender, and if we can get Crouch fit there's a Dangerfield 2.0 right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back