RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play where u committed to play at the start of the year mate. Too many blokes make excuses how bout makin a commitment and see it through

I was fully commited and still would be if it was for a desition that was made that wouldn't let me be myself around the club I love, as well as a little bit of humiliation which they expected me to do!

Great game yesterday between rupo and romsey, a real nail biter. The crowd really got into it too. Romsey's experience showed out in the end but rupo showed their improvement this year.

had a look at your best mates today luke and must say i left thinking they through everything they had at a pretty good riddell team. It was actually the most physical kilmore has looked of the 3 times ive seen then play.

good win by wallan two in a row ow and did anyone expect the result rockbank and braodford?

Thought I saw you at our 3/4 time huddle mate, as far as physical goes your probably right. I just don't want the young blokes being dictated to or treated with no respect. There were a few sent off yesty from both side - not sure if all were warranted but I guess after a bit of push and shove (and some verbals ha ha) once the footy became the focus again our boys give it their all in the second half and weren't disgraced. Ross was pretty good I thought, and Foreman (#18) would fly up and down a wing on a dry day I reckon, was hard to stay with in the wet.

Loved one of the comments from a Riddell player was "you're a disgrace of a football side give it away" .... well at least we didn't go into recess for a year whilst it got a bit tough.

Must say I too didn't see that Rockbank result coming. Congrats to Leighroy though on his first win :thumbsu: Broadford apparently had a stack out but still if they want to push for the finals and be taken serious you just find a way to win them games. I'm tipping they'll hit back real hard next week against Macedon, especially after an early morning training session today .... and with up to 6 players set to return.

Great game yesterday between rupo and romsey, a real nail biter. The crowd really got into it too. Romsey's experience showed out in the end but rupo showed their improvement this year.
Yes Jack, a cracking game of RDFL footy both teams were red hot. Hats off to Romsey, stood up when they needed to.

Fair to say there appears a top 5 is already sorted apart from the final positioning which is a bit of a spew

It's a little presumptuous to talk about a teams improvement when they have only been in the league for 7 games. Even if you mean their improvement since the start of the year, I don't believe you have enough evidence to suggest they have improved, gone backwards or have stayed the same. And it is a whole other argument to gauge on their past seasons in C grade Ammos.

Although it is a great to see them instantly mixing it with the top teams in the RDFNL.
The Riddell game is shaping up to be a corker!!

Must say I too didn't see that Rockbank result coming. Congrats to Leighroy though on his first win :thumbsu: Broadford apparently had a stack out but still if they want to push for the finals and be taken serious you just find a way to win them games. I'm tipping they'll hit back real hard next week against Macedon, especially after an early morning training session today .... and with up to 6 players set to return.

Could they possibly under estimated Rockbank and rested a couple.

Well Done Leighroy, they now have the taste of a win, Woodened next week. Possibly 2 in a row ;)

It's a little presumptuous to talk about a teams improvement when they have only been in the league for 7 games. Even if you mean their improvement since the start of the year, I don't believe you have enough evidence to suggest they have improved, gone backwards or have stayed the same. And it is a whole other argument to gauge on their past seasons in C grade Ammos.

Although it is a great to see them instantly mixing it with the top teams in the RDFNL.
The Riddell game is shaping up to be a corker!!
I've watched all their games this year and they hage definitely improved over that short period. A young group learning how to play together. Still more improvement needed but for me it is good to see they are on the right track.

Rockbank played well on Saturday take nothing away from them they deserved the win.. But take 11 of a clubs best out through injury and it sometimes leaves a massive hole that is just impossible to fill and still be competitive at senior level.. Hall, Dunne, Fletcher, gillard, Coomans, Comi, Williams,Webb , Tyers just to name a few and you can now see their problems.
But hopefully some returning in the next month

Rockbank played well on Saturday take nothing away from them they deserved the win.. But take 11 of a clubs best out through injury and it sometimes leaves a massive hole that is just impossible to fill and still be competitive at senior level.. Hall, Dunne, Fletcher, gillard, Coomans, Comi, Williams,Webb , Tyers just to name a few and you can now see their problems.

I'd say that is taking alot away from Rockbank.. Hall, Dunne and Fletcher can't be counted as they simply don't play away from home.. The others are losses, but every club faces players unavailable, in Romsey's premiership year, there were between 7-10 players missing on a weekly basis, am I correct slyone yet they managed to go through the regular season winning, Rockbank were missing players of their own on the weekend, including the top 2 goal kickers for the season to date, and lost a key player in the early stages of the second quarter, but they got the job done.

Blown away by the great game at Rupertswood on Saturday.. it doesn't matter how high or low the standard of competition the VAFA is compared to the RDFNL.. the Rupo lads really came to play and Romsey matched them.. take the two competitions aside, this was a titanic battle between two teams giving it their all.. as good as any you'll see this year and it may overshadow the grand final replay this weekend.. it has a lot to live up to on the back of Saturday's match.. feel sorry for Brad Mitchell.. can he win the Bowen off 6.25 matches plus added votes from the Interleague match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blown away by the great game at Rupertswood on Saturday.. it doesn't matter how high or low the standard of competition the VAFA is compared to the RDFNL.. the Rupo lads really came to play and Romsey matched them.. take the two competitions aside, this was a titanic battle between two teams giving it their all.. as good as any you'll see this year and it may overshadow the grand final replay this weekend.. it has a lot to live up to on the back of Saturday's match.. feel sorry for Brad Mitchell.. can he win the Bowen off 6.25 matches plus added votes from the Interleague match?

What happened to Braddles?

Broken forearm.. no good

Terribly disappointing for Braddles, champion player and bloke.. Hope you recover quickly and get back out on the park asap Braddles...

Are u serious itsmyshow.. Read my quote above I'm sure I said rockbank deserved the win. Dunne and Fletcher do play away games mr no it all.. But due to injury that has prevented them playing away fletcher played against kilmore away if im not mistaken..And to ur comment on romsey still winning their flag when they had 7-10 out every week obviously they must have a massive football budget not like some :) :(

Are u serious itsmyshow.. Read my quote above I'm sure I said rockbank deserved the win. Dunne and Fletcher do play away games mr no it all.. But due to injury that has prevented them playing away fletcher played against kilmore away if im not mistaken..And to ur comment on romsey still winning their flag when they had 7-10 out every week obviously they must have a massive football budget not like some :) :(

You give it to him pal !!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

G'day everyone, what's the maximum age that an Under 18.5 player can be at the start of the season, my mate's son want's to play in the RDFL next season. So is there a set DOB (e.g Must be born after January 1st 19XX) to play in the Under 18.5's?

G'day everyone, what's the maximum age that an Under 18.5 player can be at the start of the season, my mate's son want's to play in the RDFL next season. So is there a set DOB (e.g Must be born after January 1st 19XX) to play in the Under 18.5's?

Pretty sure if your mate's young bloke turns 19 on or after July 1st then he is good to go :thumbsu:

Don't forget Mickie Edwards and Gav Langborne, there's 11 handy names right there. Seeing as though Gav's been cleared to the club (thought he musta been playing at Rockbank) surely that means he's either running out this week at Macedon or the following one against his old club Wallan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back