Review Rd 23 Review - Freo win comfortably against Orange Team in Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Got through the game late, the top end carried us today.

That would have to be Serong's best game right? He was the only one doing anything for the first quarter and a half and carried on with it when everyone else lifted. ****ing incredible performance

Walker (probably his best game), Brayshaw, Brodie, Pearce and Walters also good for most of the game and Clark is easily the most damaging half back in the comp. Quite frankly, there is no one close with his ability to run lines and hit targets while running at speed, will also average 5-10 goals a year I reckon.

Probably worth comparing to the Saints game last year when we were in a similar position with something to play for but got blown off the park. Not our best game, but standing up when you let it go for the first half the game is always a good thing

Thought Banfield’s game was one of the worst of all time. He thinks if he kicks a couple he might keep his spot, so avoids the team first stuff to try to snag goals. Ie if he isn’t kicking goals he is a literal negative on the team. Should have played Sturt

Been saying he’s selfish for a while.
Hungry and one dimensional aren’t good traits for a forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just watching delayed now knowing the score. With the emotion taken out of it we weren't as bad as I was expecting in the first qtr.

First 5 or 10 minutes were horrible with fumbles and mistakes, but not too bad after that. I thought we actually had more of the play for the second half of the qtr but they were just clinical at nailing their chances when they got them while we weren't.

Thought Banfield’s game was one of the worst of all time. He thinks if he kicks a couple he might keep his spot, so avoids the team first stuff to try to snag goals. Ie if he isn’t kicking goals he is a literal negative on the team. Should have played Sturt
Gets to the ball in the air but drops far too many. He's a perennial sub for a reason.

The ratings look they go close to agreeing with you. It a truly horrific game from him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some posters in here must surely have egg on their face....the emotional tantrums when we're losing and the outrageous dribble of we're not worthy of playing finals was utterly disgraceful and a farce. Check yaselves into 'Hotel Reality'; the game ain't ever done until the ref blows a whistle in the 4th quarter. Hope you've learnt something; but seeing as it happens each week we're losing or playing poorly despite the outcome still up in the air - it's a given it will continue! Unreal.

Just puerile at times, how can you even watch the game and go that ballistic simultaneously?!

THAT and the biased umpiring almost put this game into the unbearable category. But seeing as the boys dug deep and stood up when it mattered goes a long way to the newfangled resolve and belief that's been building all year and just what you need heading into finals. Especially with as ragtag a forward line as we could patch together.....impressive win, if not an impressive performance. First time winning the last round since 2016, so that's another little hoodoo ticked off....now we await our final positioning and see if we get a top 4 birth or it's a home elimination final. Either way, I'm proud of the guys H & A season, it's had some highs and some lows, it's ups & downs - but boy they've played with some real gusto at times and shown that the future's in good hands going forward............if we can just get some stronger firepower in the forward half, we'll be a juggernaut in the making.

We're not "there" yet, but let's see how we go in the finals. BRING IT THE F*** ON!!!
Man! It’s freo and we are all scarred as F**k!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Showed some character and fight to turn that around. And kicked a respectable score despite zero KPFs playing - or even makeshift KPFs even contributing to the scoreboard

Also I loved the white shorts with striped socks and purple jumper. Made the purple seem almost bright and vibrant - mind you that could have also been the beers

I feel like some posters on here take the game day thread way too seriously, of course people are going to get really into the match and melt when the opposition team kicks away to a 31-point lead when the season is on the line, posts in the gameday thread should never be taken seriously.

Funnily enough, the ones who comment on remarks made in the game day thread are the few that don't post in the game day thread and suddenly pop up on the board leaving laugh remarks and thumbs downs on posts made in the heat of the match.
Spot on mate. I try to be positive, but also understand the heat of battle can raise the old mercury.

There's also something obscurely delicious about someone shit-canning Player X, then Player X making him look like a goose. Particularly when it's one of the usual suspect (Acres, Cox, Banfield, Walters etc)

I can also see the irony of people voicing their opinion that people shouldn't voice their opinion.

Probably worth comparing to the Saints game last year when we were in a similar position with something to play for but got blown off the park. Not our best game, but standing up when you let it go for the first half the game is always a good thing
Good point. The maturity of this group is something that has impressed me this year.

People confused as to why Logue has been lowballed??

Brandon Walker is the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you reckon Walker would go on Buddy? Not sure he's the reason.

Not even sure Logue has been lowballed tbh. People love to use hyperbole, but most likely Logue has been offered a fair contract, while also having some opposition clubs with more cap space and more need targeting him with higher offers.

some posters in here must surely have egg on their face....the emotional tantrums when we're losing and the outrageous dribble of we're not worthy of playing finals was utterly disgraceful and a farce. Check yaselves into 'Hotel Reality'; the game ain't ever done until the ref blows a whistle in the 4th quarter. Hope you've learnt something; but seeing as it happens each week we're losing or playing poorly despite the outcome still up in the air - it's a given it will continue! Unreal.

Just puerile at times, how can you even watch the game and go that ballistic simultaneously?!

Lol. Righto - you new to this club?

Positives
  • Getting to see Mundy one last time. Loved that goal before the break.
  • Sonny kicking 3 goals in game 200.
  • Brayshaw
  • Serong
  • Brodie
  • Pearce
  • Finals baby!

Negatives
  • That's start
  • Canberra has such a shit atmosphere. They almost need to introduce a Bogut style Bay 6 style supporter group. The only cheering was by a pissed group of guys on their Silly Saturday.
  • Umpiring was fairly poor, especially some of the deliberate calls.
  • Schulz being left as the deepest forward in a 2 on 1. So frustrating.

Ha I can imagine. I learnt a while back that it's best to just avoid the forums during a game and just come in for a comment when it's all over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back