Rd 18 Gameday Thread: Western Derby XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry Larri but I think you may be incorrect ( slightly wrong ) :confused:

The Finals are Hosted by the AFL and the two competing teams have equal access for the first two days .

Totally unfair if we finish 5th and play Freo 8th

In 2006 when there was last a possibility that we might play Freo in a final, we were advised by the club that we would have to nominate if we wanted our box for a derby final we would go to a toss of the coin with the corresponding box holder for Fremantle unless they decided they weren't interested. Normally, we had first right of refusal for home finals.

I was led to believe that as the AFL had control of the venue for finals they would not allow West Coast or Freo members to have priority rather seats for members would be allocated based on % of members. We would end up with a greater allocation of tickets then since we have more members

In 2006 when there was last a possibility that we might play Freo in a final, we were advised by the club that we would have to nominate if we wanted our box for a derby final we would go to a toss of the coin with the corresponding box holder for Fremantle unless they decided they weren't interested. Normally, we had first right of refusal for home finals.

I was led to believe that as the AFL had control of the venue for finals they would not allow West Coast or Freo members to have priority rather seats for members would be allocated based on % of members. We would end up with a greater allocation of tickets then since we have more members

Yeah that is how I remember it. When I heard that I was asking the Eagles admin on the phone "where is the reward for finishing above them on the ladder?"
So based on member amounts we would have a slight advantage in numbers but would be pretty negligible.
Would be even worse for Freo if they finished above us, we would still have majority :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 18 Gameday Thread: Western Derby XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back