Preview RD 16 Geelong v Essendon Sat Jun 29 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really stood out to me that he is physically a bean pole when head to head with his brother and the way he just got tossed around..

Does he have an avoidance of the gym??
Zuthrie says "Hi" 👋
Zuthrie - Draft.jpeg

Zuthrie - 2024.jpeg

Yes, Zuthrie was 19yo when drafted in 2017 + now 25yo, 188cm + 84kg
SDK is 23yo, 204cm + 87kg. Unfair to compare to his brother, who is 24yo, 204cm, yet 16kg heavier, has two years more preseason + 18 months natural development.

To quote an experienced + knowledgeable poster:
@CHAWKTS
And TDK is only just coming into his own over the past month or so.

I know brothers aren’t clones but I do think TDK has shown what we should be looking forward to in terms of SDK’s potential

Considering SDK's horrendous facial injury, which I believe has hindered his form + development, he needs two years for further development. If he is to remain as a backup ruck, we're all aware rucks need a longer time to develop, consequently, he would be considered three years behind another ruck aged 23yo.

Zuthrie says "Hi" 👋
View attachment 2031266

View attachment 2031267

SDK is 23yo, 204cm + 87kg. Unfair to compare to his brother, who is 24yo, 204cm, yet 16kg heavier, has two years more preseason + 18 months natural development.

Considering SDK's horrendous facial injury, which I believe has hindered his form + development, he needs two years for further development. If he is to remain as a backup ruck, we're all aware rucks need a longer time to develop, consequently, he would be considered three years behind another ruck aged 23yo.
Last year SDK was listed as 101kg. He does look to have lightened off this year but doubt he has lost 14kg. The club may have been looking for more run.

Zuthrie says "Hi" 👋
View attachment 2031266

View attachment 2031267

The SDK criticism needs to stop. The kid is a gun. Yes his output is down on 2022 but he’s a 204 cm key position player who had a nearly all Australian year in 2022 (in the premiership side) and is also coming back from a horrific facial injury.

Lest we forget in 2022 we were all lauding how much better Sam was than his brother Tom. He’ll surpass his 2022 form but we have to be patient

The SDK criticism needs to stop. The kid is a gun. Yes his output is down on 2022 but he’s a 204 cm key position player who had a nearly all Australian year in 2022 (in the premiership side) and is also coming back from a horrific facial injury.

Lest we forget in 2022 we were all lauding how much better Sam was than his brother Tom. He’ll surpass his 2022 form but we have to be patient
Was a gun in 2022.

He has been down ever since.

Definitely long enough to lose gun status.

Can he get it back? Hopefully.

Was a gun in 2022.

He has been down ever since.

Definitely long enough to lose gun status.

Can he get it back? Hopefully.
There is a pretty interesting parallel with his brother being in pretty average form at the same age and being potentially on the table for a future 2nd rounder.

I'm not trading him

I like your optimism and I’m against trading him as well considering the state of the list. But he has been in a steep decline the last two years and the criticism is warranted imo

Hardie isn't a bigger body though

Edit/addition - from FootyWire, and we know the weights may not be up to date,

Mannagh: 178cm & 80kg
Parfitt: 180cm & 82kg
Atkins: 180cm & 86kg
Clohesy: 184cm & 77kg
Bruhn: 184cm & 83kg
Hardie: 185cm & 84kg
Tuohy: 187cm & 94kg
Stevens: 189cm & 101kg (def dropped a few kgs though)
Knevitt: 192cm & 85kg

Stevens looks our next genuine bigger bodied mid, while Knevitt has the height but currently looks more suited to the wing
Hardie stronger core IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a pretty interesting parallel with his brother being in pretty average form at the same age and being potentially on the table for a future 2nd rounder.

I'm not trading him

I’m certainly not in a rush to get rid of him.

I’d do it in a heartbeat for #1 alone though.

Im just saying that he is no longer in the gun category… I do hope he gets back there and I’m not ruling that out.

Do we need to update the thread title to include Doritos…

Taco Bell Kfc GIF by John Crist Comedy
Yes, I second that cats09 as a new jumper onto the bandwagon

Needs to be

13932729991198.jpeg

Mission so much better tho.👍🔥
As I'm not a corn chips aficionado, haven't tried Mission + not a Doritos* fan. Usually buy plain corn chips from health food shop for chilli con carne.

I just a big fan of Lawson 'Doritos' Humphries, who's recently jumped onto the bandwagon.

*Too many flavour enhancers + colours, preservatives. Mostly the use of Palm Oil + orangutang habitat destruction, hope Frito-Lay + PepsiCo have change to non destructive Palm Oil

To be honest the single biggest problem we've got that has no realistic solution is the ruck. A fit Danger, Guthrie and Bruhn and the midfield could be at least ok. No such hope in the ruck. Stanley's completely cooked. Conway's not physically competitive yet.

I thought Blicavs was the best option come finals. Hopefully compete in the ruck battle but have his follow up and running power as a weapon.

I sort of respect the coaching staff for experimenting with SDK and trying something different.
Scott said somewhere this week he's not concerned about the ruck issue, or there wasn't a ruck issue, one or the other.

Cats won 12 of the last 14 games against the Bombers. His twin is going in with just one ruckman, is that a sign they believe they can easily dominate a depleted Cats side?

Scott said somewhere this week he's not concerned about the ruck issue, or there wasn't a ruck issue, one or the other.

Cats won 12 of the last 14 games against the Bombers. His twin is going in with just one ruckman, is that a sign they believe they can easily dominate a depleted Cats side?
No decent ruck to a trash mid feild.
This going to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back