Preview RD 16 Geelong v Essendon Sat Jun 29 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rohan needs the full game, been sub it seems like a whole month🤷‍♂️

He played full games against the Port & the Suns, but not sure they necessarily did much to suggest he should keep playing full games

Against Port he had a total of 2 disposals, 1 mark & 1 tackle across the 2nd & 3rd quarters

Against GC it was 3 disposals & 2 tackles in the first half

He's just not having the impact he needs as a senior player, and increasingly having these quiet periods - maybe that's a sign of struggling to find a role with Henry up forward in that 3rd tall role and his role being a bit less defined, but in that case the MC need to make the call as to whether he's in our best team or not

Goldstein not playing as per the inferior Scott today.
Mrs Scotty has told Brad that Chris' side is struggling. Be nice to your brother.
What a gift. Not that I am confident it will make a difference.

I just looked at the remaining games. I can see us getting to 12-11 the way we are playing. If we can get our mojo back 14-9 would be possible.

Regarding Rohan, when he came on he was playing further up the ground, but that changed once Hawkins went off injured, and he was moved forward to fill the void. And considering the ball barely made it up our end in the last quarter, I'm not sure you can take too much out of those last quarter donuts.

This. Make some big changes to the line up. Make a point of it that no ones position is safe.

That said, let’s leave Danger in midfield and force Cameron one out at FF. Lets Pagans paddock with Jezza and he might kick 10.

It’s easy to say leave Jez one out but the reality is it’s on the midfield to get the ball in there quick. And if they can’t and they keep bombing it in when the opposition have flooded back, then Jez is getting wasted deep.

The best thing they can do with Stewart is tell him to follow Jake Stringer wherever he goes (forget about rebounding and interceptions) just don’t let him get a kick. Even follow him into the midfield.

That might get his head back in the game and he will naturally win 1:1s anyway.

He is all over the place at the moment. Causing us all sorts of problems.

Take the tagger off the table by playing him on their most dangerous player and ask him to play like a defender first.
Straight to your new appointment as Geelong Cats' coach! 👏 👏 👏

The strategy you propose is very simple + have to agree, Stewart glued to Stringer w Stewart in the MF, also provides opportunities, when he negates Stringer to produce stoppages + turnovers.

He's trying too hard to pull all of his tricks out at once. A simple approach to stop Stringer's possession is an effective idea.

We don’t have nearly enough good players to leave Rohan out of the 22.

Except that it feels we're too top heavy by selecting all of:
- Cameron, O. Henry, Hawkins/Neale (?) & Rohan, plus having Stengle, Close & Miers

If they opt to not replace Hawkins and try Cameron with Henry & Rohan, then we looked better balanced, but if say Neale does come in, I'd want to see other one of Henry or Rohan out of the 23

If nothing else, there's a lesson to be learned about regurgitating the same thing over and over here.
Everything will come right, Scott has some surprises on the horizon 😺

Einstein - Insanity.jpeg

To be honest the single biggest problem we've got that has no realistic solution is the ruck. A fit Danger, Guthrie and Bruhn and the midfield could be at least ok. No such hope in the ruck. Stanley's completely cooked. Conway's not physically competitive yet.

I thought Blicavs was the best option come finals. Hopefully compete in the ruck battle but have his follow up and running power as a weapon.

I sort of respect the coaching staff for experimenting with SDK and trying something different.

If we are playing sdk in the ruck its an admission that we should have got a ruck in the off season and didnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer to see:

Conway in the ruck and SDK back in defence.
Shark up to the wing because he's been clunking some big marks there in recent weeks
Jeremy Cameron back to full-time forward.

It’s easy to say leave Jez one out but the reality is it’s on the midfield to get the ball in there quick. And if they can’t and they keep bombing it in when the opposition have flooded back, then Jez is getting wasted deep.

He's wasted deep forward in that one scenario. He's wasted up the ground in every scenario.

The best thing they can do with Stewart is tell him to follow Jake Stringer wherever he goes (forget about rebounding and interceptions) just don’t let him get a kick. Even follow him into the midfield.

That might get his head back in the game and he will naturally win 1:1s anyway.

He is all over the place at the moment. Causing us all sorts of problems.

Take the tagger off the table by playing him on their most dangerous player and ask him to play like a defender first.

I get the idea, but Stewart is not great 1-on-1 and I'd rather have a stronger defender on one of the most in-form forwards in the comp.

Prefer to see:

Conway in the ruck and SDK back in defence.
Shark up to the wing because he's been clunking some big marks there in recent weeks
Jeremy Cameron back to full-time forward.

O'Connor has had a really good few weeks. I know he only had 9 disposals last week, but he did some really good things. Looking strong too.

I'd bring Hardie in as a bigger body, but Knevitt needs to get a run.

If Stanley rucks we are done sadly.

Hardie isn't a bigger body though

Edit/addition - from FootyWire, and we know the weights may not be up to date,

Mannagh: 178cm & 80kg
Parfitt: 180cm & 82kg
Atkins: 180cm & 86kg
Clohesy: 184cm & 77kg
Bruhn: 184cm & 83kg
Hardie: 185cm & 84kg
Tuohy: 187cm & 94kg
Stevens: 189cm & 101kg (def dropped a few kgs though)
Knevitt: 192cm & 85kg

Stevens looks our next genuine bigger bodied mid, while Knevitt has the height but currently looks more suited to the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back