Preview Rd 15 Geelong V Blues Fri 21 Jun 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is possibly the strangest side ive seen us pick all year.
No recognised ruck or 2nd ruck.
Tuohy and rohan shouldnt be in there.
No mannagh is stupid with bruhn out.
No conway and stanley as emg when hes supposedly 'injured' is odd.
I agree... but honestly it doesn't surprise me... for many of years, our Match committee has always been doing this and fair dinkum gives me the 💩
No way Tuhoy and Rohan should be selected.. Hardie, Mannagh and Knevitt should of been given a chance to show what they can do in the top 4 weakest midfield teams in the league.
And we all know Mannagh did nothing wrong to start with to be dropped...

Neale clearly not rated here.

Would have liked an injection of "newness" into this out of form and boring team.

Humphries, Closhesy, Mannagh... hell, even Hardie or Knevitt would make it more interesting.

It seems dominating in the VFL is given little reward.

Dissapointing selection IMO.
I think theyre trying to win games tho?

Would have liked an injection of "newness" into this out of form and boring team.

Humphries, Closhesy, Mannagh... hell, even Hardie or Knevitt would make it more interesting.

Its got to be discouraging to such players....and maybe some considering a move to the GFC.

Players on their last legs are being preferred despite giving little.

It seems extraordinarily hard to break into Scott's 22 atm.....even though it's struggling to keep its head above water against even the most average teams.

I think theyre trying to win games tho?

We've lost nearly as many games as we've won, and some players are clearly running on fumes, but we're sticking fat with them over players with potential.

Yes, potential isn't tangible, but players being past it is very tangible.

I wouldn't say that, just that everyone saw this coming with Henry coming back.

Pretty easy not to melt when you've accepted what's going to happen days in advance.

It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't play VFL this week

Its got to be discouraging to such players....and maybe some considering a move to the GFC.

Players on their last legs are being preferred despite giving little.

It seems extraordinarily hard to break into Scott's 22 atm.....even though it's struggling to keep its head above water against even the most average teams.
I'd say the next couple weeks will be the deciding factor.

If we win, they'll keep doing what they're doing. If we lose, they'll start picking for the future a bit more.

We don't have to agree with it, but from the clubs perspective, I'd say they're giving the players every opportunity to prove that this form slump is the aberration, not the 7-0 start.

Regardless, the VFL team is dominating, and that spells good news as most (if not all) of Knevitt, Clohesy, COS, Humphries, Neale, & Stevens will be regulars next year.

Change isn't that far away from being forced with the retirements, so for those invested in the development of these kids, that's something exciting to look forward to.

We've lost nearly as many games as we've won, and some players are clearly running on fumes, but we're sticking fat with them over players with potential.

Yes, potential isn't tangible, but players being past it is very tangible.
Bringing in a new player or two that have been dominating in the VFL might wreck our current good form.
Most weeks they’re available we play Holmes, Bruhn, Clark, Dempsey, O Henry, and Conway. Mullin and Neale are in the team about half the time. Do you think Dempsey is in the rising star convo, Mullin has a nearly BOG first quarter last week, O Henry kicks 2 goals a game, Neale kicks 1+ goal a game, if we drop Duncan OConnor Rohan Tuohy Hawkins as well? Or do you think our mids would get smashed, our backs would panic under constant entries, and our forwards would hardly get a touch?

I think we’d turn into North Melbourne.

They might not get it right every week but after winning the ‘22 flag with the then-oldest team that was ever fielded, they’re trying to play youth and stay competitive. There needs to be balance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win, they'll keep doing what they're doing. If we lose, they'll start picking for the future a bit more.

We don't have to agree with it, but from the clubs perspective, I'd say they're giving the players every opportunity to prove that this form slump is the aberration, not the 7-0 start.

Regardless, the VFL team is dominating, and that spells good news as most (if not all) of Knevitt, Clohesy, COS, Humphries, Neale, & Stevens will be regulars next year.

Change isn't that far away from being forced with the retirements, so for those invested in the development of these kids, that's something exciting to look forward to.

I'm leaning to the belief that they're holding the faith too long, and another couple of losses will all but destroy the slim hope we have atm.

There's enough evidence to suggest certain players are past it, and are highly unlikely to be capable of carrying us much further this season. I'd therefore be open to them trialling some of the kids now and giving them the experience.

Either way, we're not going to be competitive come finals imo. Best therefore to get the experience into some kids with an eye to 2025 than flog a few dead horses.

Scott seems to be harping on the same record for some reason, and is going to ride the old guys into the dust of 2024, but that's his choice.

The club and coach will do what it'll do, and we're just along for the ride.

Most weeks they’re available we play Holmes, Bruhn, Clark, Dempsey, O Henry, and Conway. Mullin and Neale are in the team about half the time. Do you think Dempsey is in the rising star convo, Mullin has a nearly BOG first quarter last week, O Henry kicks 2 goals a game, Neale kicks 1+ goal a game, if we drop Duncan OConnor Rohan Tuohy Hawkins as well? Or do you think our mids would get smashed, our backs would panic under constant entries, and our forwards would hardly get a touch?

I think we’d turn into North Melbourne.

They might not get it right every week but after winning the ‘22 flag with the then-oldest team that was ever fielded, they’re trying to play youth and stay competitive. There needs to be balance.

I'd suggest your fourth sentence is already happening.

Tuohy is done, Duncan is done, Cuthrie is done, Stanley is done, Hawkins is done, Blitz is gasping, and Danger is sputtering.

Our young guys are struggling, but with all due respect to our elders - who've performed amazingly over a long journey - they're carrying a lot of near dead weight.

Yes, we need balance, but we haven't got that.

I'm leaning to the belief that they're holding the faith too long, and another couple of losses will all but destroy the slim hope we have atm.

There's enough evidence to suggest certain players are past it, and are highly unlikely to be capable of carrying us much further this season. I'd therefore be open to them trialling some of the kids now and giving them the experience.

Either way, we're not going to be competitive come finals imo. Best therefore to get the experience into some kids with an eye to 2025 than flog a few dead horses.

Scott seems to be harping on the same record for some reason, and is going to ride the old guys into the dust of 2024, but that's his choice.

The club and coach will do what it'll do, and we're just along for the ride.
i think as said above we are a couple away from the tipping point, one way or another.

A few old warriors are shot and on fumes. They may be able to rise again, but I'm not sure they can carry us through again this year.

Hawk, Toohey, Touhy, Cuthrie, Duncan, Rohan.

And we have Stew and Jez down post conc, with JH, SDK and Blitz iffy at best.

i think as said above we are a couple away from the tipping point, one way or another.

A few old warriors are shot and on fumes. They may be able to rise again, but I'm not sure they can carry us through again this year.

Hawk, Toohey, Touhy, Cuthrie, Duncan, Rohan.

And we have Stew and Jez down post conc, with JH, SDK and MOC iffy at best. Maybe unfair to MOC as he has had a pretty good year.

I'd say none of those in your third paragraph can carry us through a finals campaign.

I'd suggest your fourth sentence is already happening.

Tuohy is done, Duncan is done, Cuthrie is done, Stanley is done, Hawkins is done, Blitz is gasping, and Danger is sputtering.

Our young guys are struggling, but with all due respect to our elders - who've performed amazingly over a long journey - they're carrying a lot of near dead weight.

Yes, we need balance, but we haven't got that.
We've got 4 in the top 40 for players ratings in terms of players under the age of 22.

I wouldn't say they're struggling at all, just inconsistent as you'd come to expect with young players.

Sounds simple I know, but you'd be surprised how many have to be reminded of that

While they aren't 'carrying' the side per say, they are having a much bigger influence on results than our veterans as you point out.

It's not ideal, but it certainly beats the opposite.

We seem to be setting the bar quite high for VFL players to step into a team who've been setting the bar quite low......

giphy.gif

Toohey kicked 3 goals against Carlton last time we met. Had a very good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On cuurent form he should be out.

You're probably right but I get frustrated with the thinking that our best chance is by going with the "known" commodities rather than risking improvement from the unknown. We will try something different once we know our papers are stamped rather than thinking "we might find something in Humphries that improves us". Be bold!

I agree... but honestly it doesn't surprise me... for many of years, our Match committee has always been doing this and fair dinkum gives me the 💩
No way Tuhoy and Rohan should be selected.. Hardie, Mannagh and Knevitt should of been given a chance to show what they can do in the top 4 weakest midfield teams in the league.
And we all know Mannagh did nothing wrong to start with to be dropped...

100 %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back