Preview Rd 15 Geelong V Blues Fri 21 Jun 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This team selection feels like a week 1 finals team selection from 2017.

I have gone through similar stages - disbelief then acceptance then optimism then trepidation. The only stages left are realisation that we will get beat and acceptance that it is a shitshow and there is nothing we can do about it.

It's funny seeing people worried we'll get beaten in the ruck with Blicavs. Have you not been watching? Conway or Stanley have been smashed in the ruck week in week out for months now.
But Stanley and Conway can halve contests, Blicavs doesn't even do that, at least not the 2024 version. He'll just need to get in the way of the Carlton ruckman and prevent him from clearing the ball himself. Then it will be up to our superior midfield to hunt the ball.

But Stanley and Conway can halve contests, Blicavs doesn't even do that, at least not the 2024 version. He'll just need to get in the way of the Carlton ruckman and prevent him from clearing the ball himself. Then it will be up to our superior midfield to hunt the ball.

Stanley was absolutely murdered by Pittonet last time we played Carlton. I wouldn't blame MC if they think we're better off without him.

Hi guys - very interesting move to play Blicavs. TDK's an average tap ruckman and excels around the ground with his aerobic capcity. Obviously Blicavs will have him covered for pace and endurance, so it could be a masterstroke.

Any idea who goes to Cripps? Usually Blicavs makes Cripps a non-factor.

Strange Team Selection. No genuine ruckman
Stanley out injured. Neale omitted
Blitz sole ruck. Possibly STD as back-up.
What is Scott up to?
Letting Stanley sweat it as an emergency.
Let him do soul searching to fire him up?
If he wants to be No.1 ruck he must deliver.
If Stanley has anything left, he will respond.
Self motivation, is astute coaching tactic.
Scott is trying to get the Cats back on track
He has named all available senior players
Too much at stake to go without a Ruck

Also a way to snap Blitz back into form
Force Blitz to shoulder the entire load.
If Blitz is sole ruck v TDK and Cats wins

Many are calling Scott crazy tonight.
If Cats win Scott is a coaching genius.

Last edited:
Strange Team Selection. No genuine ruckman
Stanley out injured. Neale omitted
Blitz sole ruck. Possibly STD as back-up.
What is Scott up to?
Letting Stanley sweat it as an emergency.
Let him do soul searching to fire him up?
If he wants to be No.1 ruck he must deliver.
If Stanley has anything left, he will respond.
Self motivation, is astute coaching tactic.
Scott is trying to get the Cats back on track
He has named all available senior players
Too much at stake to go without a Ruck

Many are calling Scott crazy tonight.
If it works Scott is a coaching genius.
STD as back up. Champagne comedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could easily lose the next 4.

If that happens it is season over.

I'm not seeing this easy run home anymore.

I'm more referring to how it relates to finishing position of top 5 pick. We would have to basically forfeit not to win against both North and WCE at Kardinia Park which is 10 wins. Last year that's pick 6-8 before matching or compo and that was about as early as 10 wins lands it.

Everyone is pretty doom and gloom but I reckon we beat Essendon and Hawthorn

I can't see a pathways to 4 points for the Cats this week,maybe we should have debuted a couple from the two's, AAron Lord 1994 Semi V Carlton at Waverley never prouder than being a Cat supporter that day.

Hard to see how we win this.

We've conceded the ruck contest it seems, and will rely on winning the ball back instead.

Hmm.....🤔

I'm more referring to how it relates to finishing position of top 5 pick. We would have to basically forfeit not to win against both North and WCE at Kardinia Park which is 10 wins. Last year that's pick 6-8 before matching or compo and that was about as early as 10 wins lands it.

Everyone is pretty doom and gloom but I reckon we beat Essendon and Hawthorn
If we lose the next 4 we would have lost 8 out of 9 games.

That would feel like 1999 all over again. Aka the least enjoyable season I have ever endured as a cats fan.

All we would need is Stengle to leave at the end of the season to emulate Colbert leaving at the end of 1999.

Good times

It's funny seeing people worried we'll get beaten in the ruck with Blicavs. Have you not been watching? Conway or Stanley have been smashed in the ruck week in week out for months now.
I do think that whatever we put forward is a losing ruck proposition so we should be better at ground level relative to what we would be running Stanley like it was a weekend at Bernie's

If we lose the next 4 we would have lost 8 out of 9 games.

That would feel like 1999 all over again. Aka the least enjoyable season I have ever endured as a cats fan.

All we would need is Stengle to leave at the end of the season to emulate Colbert leaving at the end of 1999.

Good times
Literally all I'm saying is we've already won too many games to get anything out of losing.

I do think that whatever we put forward is a losing ruck proposition so we should be better at ground level relative to what we would be running Stanley like it was a weekend at Bernie's

That's basically it.

I like that everyone thinks Scott is playing silly buggers. I think he's just picked the best team he can. It just so happens that includes Blicavs as our number 1.

Hi guys - very interesting move to play Blicavs. TDK's an average tap ruckman and excels around the ground with his aerobic capcity. Obviously Blicavs will have him covered for pace and endurance, so it could be a masterstroke.

Any idea who goes to Cripps? Usually Blicavs makes Cripps a non-factor.
Rumour is blitz is carrying a niggle though so wouldn't even expect Blitz to blanket him in any meaningful way

We've just run out of ruckmen

Literally all I'm saying is we've already won too many games to get anything out of losing.
I know, I am just being dramatic (and quite enjoying it actually).

I am usually at the optimistic end of the spectrum as a cats supporter, but in the last week I have turned into a raving lunatic combination of biggy/warhorse/chinacats and blightys cats.

Thank god the bye only lasts one week, if it lasted another 4 days I would be microwaving my membership and dumping a trailer load of manure on Scotty’s front lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back