Preview Rd 15 Geelong V Blues Fri 21 Jun 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very different to the good changes, good emergencies post you initially had.
I’m personally happy with you first attempt, aslong as Rohan is sub again I’m ok
I admittedly missed the lack of ruck. Was pleased with the other ins.

Tuohy gets undue flak, the captain is a no brainer as is Ollie for Neale. No Parfitt is a good decision as is Hardie and Humphries getting closer.

No Conway/Stanley and MOC, Mullin are objectively poor decisions.

Should’ve added - not injured as he’s not on our list in the weekly health update

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's Geelong... That means nothing, if he is hurt they'll just be hiding it and release that info tomorrow or next week some time.

Should’ve added - not injured as he’s not on our list in the weekly health update

In the team changes, Stanley is listed as injured being the reason he is out of the team.

Either we have got our comms wires crossed or we have got Krusty the clown heading up our match committee this week.

Happy with Blicavs as number 1 ruck. Conway is too young still, Stanley is terrible and Blicavs is struggling as a pure mid.

I thought we needed a backup ruck but Carlton only have McKay who they don't really ruck much. It's often been Kennedy or Cripps as backup ruck recently. So we could see Matthew Kennedy vs Gary Rohan in a ruck battle for the ages at some point.

Happy with Blicavs as number 1 ruck. Conway is too young still, Stanley is terrible and Blicavs is struggling as a pure mid.

I thought we needed a backup ruck but Carlton only have McKay who they don't really ruck much. It's other been Kennedy or Cripps as backup ruck recently. So we could see Matthew Kennedy vs Gary Rohan in a ruck battle for the ages at some point.
What you just pointed out is exactly why Neale should have played.

He needs a shot of confidence and has been ok otherwise. Let him loose as the second ruck against an undersized opponent and watch his confidence soar.

The fact that he is not even an emergency and injured Stanley is makes absolutely no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Conway
No Stanley

Vs the in form ruck in the comp (SDK)

I’m struggling to maintain the faith in our selection criteria. Strong evidence of substance abuse

Hi cats fans. Not here to be rude but to me it seems Geelong has decided instead of trying to 'match' a strength of ours in the ruck they're simply just setting up to go at the game same as last time. Absorb some quick entries and rebound rebound rebound.

Good to see danger fit

Hi cats fans. Not here to be rude but to me it seems Geelong has decided instead of trying to 'match' a strength of ours in the ruck they're simply just setting up to go at the game same as last time. Absorb some quick entries and rebound rebound rebound.

Good to see danger fit

Well, Pittonet did have his way with Stanley last time and it kind of played out that way, but the big difference this time is that a good chunk of our back-line are in nowhere near the same form. If we've given up the mid-field battle (and it looks like), I don't like our chances.

What you just pointed out is exactly why Neale should have played.

He needs a shot of confidence and has been ok otherwise. Let him loose as the second ruck against an undersized opponent and watch his confidence soar.

The fact that he is not even an emergency and injured Stanley is makes absolutely no sense.

The forward structure hasn't worked since he's played. You can't select a key forward cause they might be good for the 20% of game time they're playing in the ruck.

Good to see danger fit
I would love it if there was that degree of planning and foresight in our decision.

But alas I would suggest that they put the work experience kid in charge of selection this week for shits and giggles

Well, Pittonet did have his way with Stanley last time and it kind of played out that way, but the big difference this time is that a good chunk of our back-line are in nowhere near the same form. If we've given up the mid-field battle (and it looks like), I don't like our chances.
Pittonet is not in the 22.

He is facing off against Stanley in the emergencies

That is possibly the strangest side ive seen us pick all year.
No recognised ruck or 2nd ruck.
Tuohy and rohan shouldnt be in there.
No mannagh is stupid with bruhn out.
No conway and stanley as emg when hes supposedly 'injured' is odd.

Hope he plays but you might be right - Hardie was on the extended bench vs Sydney and I was sure there would be a late out and that he’d play.
It feels a bit harsh on a kid who hasn’t debuted yet but I guess if they tell him he’s probably an emergency, but very close, maybe good encouragement?
The club has stated in the past that they use the emergency spots to run the kids they think will make it through the game day process and ensure they're not overwhelmed when they do debut

I thought we needed a backup ruck but Carlton only have McKay who they don't really ruck much. It's often been Kennedy or Cripps as backup ruck recently. So we could see Matthew Kennedy vs Gary Rohan in a ruck battle for the ages at some point.
Pittonet is on Carltons emg list I'd be surprised if he's not elevated and play second ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back