Preview Rd 15 Geelong V Blues Fri 21 Jun 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Australian wingman/half-back Lawson Humphries is expected to be included in the 26-man squad for the first time after a strong burst of VFL form, with the 2023 pick No.63 on the cusp of a debut.

Attachments

• source.gif
    source.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

Clohesy will give 110% all game long. He's not the most talented but his effort is never in doubt.

He's having a solid season in VFL too.

Go Catters

What about Humphries in & Mullin out
Humphries has earned a lookin too.

but if people think they lost their shit over Zuthrie getting outmuscled by Roughie all those years ago bc he was too slight then get ready for it again. Humphries has great skill but the package it comes in is fast but slight.

GO Catters

Humphries has earned a lookin too.

but if people think they lost their shit over Zuthrie getting outmuscled by Roughie all those years ago bc he was too slight then get ready for it again. Humphries has great skill but the package it comes in is fast but slight.

GO Catters
Got it. Humphries on McKay it is!

I think re Bruhn , these recurring injuries might be a bit like Linc McCarthy in his Cats days , even when they are playing ( and they are that keen to play ) they are playing with duress . Never forget that game against Rich , and McCarthy definitely had an issue with a hamstring , and they left him on the ground for a couple more qtrs opposed to Rance and of course he missed the next 3-4 weeks

I havent been on the Bruhn bandwagon , but maybe the 24 season he hasnt been totally 100% right for a fair part of it

What about Humphries in & Mullin out

I think dropping Mullin after what was his best game last week would be a mistake. Too much focus on Papley getting off the chain mainly with chances nobody could've prevented and not enough focus on Mullin looking like a properly influential AFL player for the first half.

I think we need that help however it comes!

STK vs TDK would be fun…

To me no point playing Stanley or Conway (as much as I love him) knowing both will be beaten badly and they can’t offer much else. Blitz needs a change up as he has been poor as MF this year so 75% ruck time for him would be good even if a temporary reset? And Sam I think would benefit from a pure defensive focus which hasn’t clicked this year. Hawkins of course can take forward ruck…

Just a thought. No easy answer tbh
Most will probably disagree, but I like it.

Think Blicavs needs more time in the ruck, he's not playing well enough as a pure mid. Only concern would be who's going to chop out. Risky to take SDK away for periods when Carlton have Curnow and McKay, so maybe consider keeping Neale in to provide this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clohesy will give 110% all game long. He's not the most talented but his effort is never in doubt.

He's having a solid season in VFL too.

Go Catters
In time I think (and when I say that I mean within the next 12 months) he will be the Atkins upgrade, maximum effort, an insanity based attack on the contest and disregard for his own well being... but Ted kicks goals as well

I think dropping Mullin after what was his best game last week would be a mistake.
Now that's a low bar. Great for 1 quarter. Shit or anonymous for 3 quarters is his best game...

Most will probably disagree, but I like it.

Think Blicavs needs more time in the ruck, he's not playing well enough as a pure mid. Only concern would be who's going to chop out. Risky to take SDK away for periods when Carlton have Curnow and McKay, so maybe consider keeping Neale in to provide this.
That is the flaw of trying this against Carlton. Especially if blues have two rucks and then they have two monster forwards.

Having said that I don’t think a Conway in changes that issue. Keeping Neale in might be an option but I reckon they might want to have Jezza play more forward against blues defence?

I do like the theatre of the brothers playing rucks against each other for a period of time.

Are the Maddens the last brothers to play ruck against each other?

Last edited:
The fact that Scotty is coming out and saying all this signals to me that he may be already gone and the club will accept that as a sign of mutual respect.

I think dropping Mullin after what was his best game last week would be a mistake. Too much focus on Papley getting off the chain mainly with chances nobody could've prevented and not enough focus on Mullin looking like a properly influential AFL player for the first half.

I'm not suggesting it as a means of omitting Mullin due to Papley's second half, more to do with giving Humphries a shot and that I'd like to see Mullin given a string of games in the VFL through the midfield or wing

Thinking that could be a good option for him long term but using now to learn it

That is the floor of trying this against Carlton. Especially if blues have two rucks and then they have two monster forwards.

Having said that I don’t think a Conway in changes that issue. Keeping Neale in might be an option but I reckon they might want to have Jezza play more forward against blues defence?

I do like the theatre of the brothers playing rucks against each other for a period of time.

If Carlton play Pittonet and TDK, I think you have to play one of Conway or Stanley, it would probably only work against a solo TDK. If Carlton go with 1 ruck, McKay would probably ruck for periods anyway, so it probably wouldn't be so bad to take SDK out of the backline during those periods.

But agree that Cameron might play more forward which would probably necessitate dropping Neale.

He hasn't been good for a while, and this is a season defining game. Taking Mullin in for the most part is nearly going in a player down.
With Bruhn out, we need another full time mid in. Even Parfitt would be a better choice.

The fact that Scotty is coming out and saying all this signals to me that he may be already gone and the club will accept that as a sign of mutual respect.

All the talk from the club and/or players sounds like he's gone.
Little bit of a shit move IMO, you've gotten a great deal from a club who turned your life around, enough cash to absolutely set yourself up, but he seems to still be selling himself to the highest bidder, which as I said, is IMO a shit move.
But, I won't hold it against him, I wouldn't do it, but I'm not him with his priorities, so you do you Tyson, and good luck if you do leave (or even better luck if you don't).

Re SDK , i think at this stage he is another Troy West

T West didnt look like he was going to make it , Scott came in 2011 , elevated West to the seniors and he had a terrific season and was important cog in the 2011 flag . He was reasonable in 012 , but then basically lost all form , sold to Brisbane and couldnt get a kick their

SDK , I dont think many supporters saw his 22 season in the rear vision mirror , he had a top notch year at FB and also was vital in the 22 flag

Yes he had the facial injury last year which would have rattled the confidence a fair bit , but season 24 i think he has been borderline pathetic , makes so many unforced errors , drops chest marks , and i think his attack on the ball has at times been pretty feeble

Maybe he is another Troy West , a 1 year flag winning wonder and that is it

Or Scott, as wiley as he is, is simply replying to Kane the mouth Cornes, who had his say about Stengle loyalty. It doesnt suit negotiations (fair approach) to have the other party thinking they are accountable. Money is one thing, but it appears to me that Tyson isn't a natural fit socially, for Essendon or St Kilda. If it was my son, I'd suggest if he is happy and accepted at Geebangers, and playing well, then there is far less threat to his ongoing mental health.
Bird in the hand, grass is greener, all that.

Re SDK , i think at this stage he is another Troy West

T West didnt look like he was going to make it , Scott came in 2011 , elevated West to the seniors and he had a terrific season and was important cog in the 2011 flag . He was reasonable in 012 , but then basically lost all form , sold to Brisbane and couldnt get a kick their

SDK , I dont think many supporters saw his 22 season in the rear vision mirror , he had a top notch year at FB and also was vital in the 22 flag

Yes he had the facial injury last year which would have rattled the confidence a fair bit , but season 24 i think he has been borderline pathetic , makes so many unforced errors , drops chest marks , and i think his attack on the ball has at times been pretty feeble

Maybe he is another Troy West , a 1 year flag winning wonder and that is it
I think you mean Trent West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back