Preview Rd 15 Geelong V Blues Fri 21 Jun 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your changes, though I still think Neale will be very stiff to be dropped. He’s kicked a goal in every game he’s played, and has kicked 9 goals from 5 games.

Yeah. Neal is stiff. Just needs to wait for Hawk to retire and he’s a lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some interesting selection calls.

Conway vs Stanley - Stanley's first quarter against the Swans showed his best footy would have him number 1. But he's struggling to find that with any consistency and clearly developing Conway is better for the future. I think I'm picking Conway and only giving Stanley another 2-3 games to audition for a finals spot (if we make it).

Neale - he's done ok but structurally the 3 talls doesn't work and Hawkins is still clearly better. I think if we pick him we're effectively giving up on this year and focusing on development.

Rohan vs Henry - I don't think we can play both and I think it's time to back Henry in.

Tuohy - he's been better than most give him credit for this year. But he doesn't really move the needle and I want to see Knevitt and Humphries given chances.

Mullin - I think he's shown enough to be persisted with now.

Clark - I like the glimpses he shows but his body isn't ready. I think a mix of AFL and VFL for the rest of the year would be ok.

My changes would be:

Ins - Conway, Danger, O Henry, Humphries
Outs - Stanley, Neale, Rohan, Clark

Anyone except Humphries as sub. I don't really like debutants as sub.
I like these changes except I think Clark will stay in, is favoured by the club and had more touches than Bowes and Bruhn last game. Humphries surely gets a crack soon, but I think to rest someone (Duncan?) in an easier game or for an injury.

I like these changes except I think Clark will stay in, is favoured by the club and had more touches than Bowes and Bruhn last game. Humphries surely gets a crack soon, but I think to rest someone (Duncan?) in an easier game or for an injury.
O'Connor to tag Cripps like a cheap rubber glove

Watching Cats v Blues earlier this year.
Takeaways:
Pittonet beating Stanley like a red-headed stepchild.
Our defence so well organised in exactly the same way it isn’t now. Without Stewart.(unless you count Zuthrie’s incredible impersonation of him)
Cameron in beast mode.
Kolo very effective on Curnow. Just one of those good match-ups.
Danger dangerous and effective.
Cuthrie very good.
Sam Walsh seemingly unstoppable.
Our tackling pressure early absolutely elite.
Tuohy effective.
Smashed at clearances but got away with it because we were so well organised behind the ball.
I feel if we tackle well again, the new HTB rule may hurt Carlton.
Good to see Blicavs doing something. Feels like it’s been a while.
Same for Miers and Cameron.

Overall, we match up well and should be close to even odds at our best, BUT so many of our key players are dramatically out of form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animation Eat GIF by DLGNCE

And don't call me Surely
Thank you Chief Superintendent Shirley Allrighty of the Grammar, Spelling + Typo Squad :joycat: :joycat: :joycat:

Hopefully, we will beak it

America Pecking GIF by Nat Geo Wild

So PD in for Bruhn's injury. Our weakest area keeps breaking.
Surely Mannagh, Hardie and Humphries are in strong consideration.

Doing the same thing repeatedly is madness
I reckon we have put a line through Hardie.

If he couldn’t crack it for that Tiges game at home, I can’t see him getting a run at all.

Bruhn out, Dangerfield in is the obvious change

Guessing if they want to add to the midfield that this may open the door for someone like Parfitt with his experience - at least until Cam is back

Lots of discussion about which ruckman to pick this week. I am going for none.

In: Danger, 2E (not my choice but they will), O Henry
Out: Stanley (edited from Conway!), Tanner (inj - v sad), Scratcher (unlucky)

Sub I reckon either Clark (would have had him out if Tanner not inj) or MOC

Last edited:

Out: Conway, Tanner (inj - v sad), Scratcher (unlucky)

Conway didn't play against Sydney, so that's a bit harsh to be omitted

I reckon we have put a line through Hardie.

If he couldn’t crack it for that Tiges game at home, I can’t see him getting a run at all.
Our MC are morons this year, must be said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn out, Dangerfield in is the obvious change

Guessing if they want to add to the midfield that this may open the door for someone like Parfitt with his experience - at least until Cam is back
I think it just keeps Clark in.

We don’t lack for midfield numbers in the 23 with Danger, Holmes, Blitz - although I reckon he will be ruck, Clark, Atkins, Bowes…that is 5 rotating through 3 spots and can have Mullin, MOC, Duncan, Miers potentially spot in a couple if needed (but with Danger and Holmes I reckon playing 75-80%, Atkins/Clark and Bowes can cover the rest).

So bringing in Parf/Hardie/Chlohesy/Knevitte I think needs to be instead of a MF player rather than get another similar type in. Our issue has been quality not quantity…

Out: Stanley (edited from Conway!), Tanner (inj - v sad), Scratcher (unlucky)

If Stanley is out with Neale and Conway not listed as a In who rucks? Blicavs the whole game? god help us

If Stanley is out with Neale and Conway not listed as a In who rucks? Blicavs the whole game? god help us
I think we need that help however it comes!

STK vs TDK would be fun…

To me no point playing Stanley or Conway (as much as I love him) knowing both will be beaten badly and they can’t offer much else. Blitz needs a change up as he has been poor as MF this year so 75% ruck time for him would be good even if a temporary reset? And Sam I think would benefit from a pure defensive focus which hasn’t clicked this year. Hawkins of course can take forward ruck…

Just a thought. No easy answer tbh

Would love if we got a bit imaginative with Bruhn's injury and picked Knevitt or Clohesy.

Not totally like for like, but it would good to see nonetheless, and continues the development pathway.
Big George? I'm hopeful Humphries gets a look, I'd be excited.
Knevitt probably deserves a crack, was always unlucky to be dropped last year.

Big George? I'm hopeful Humphries gets a look, I'd be excited.
Knevitt probably deserves a crack, was always unlucky to be dropped last year.
Would be thrilled with any of the above, just highly doubt we'll do it.

Fully expecting

In: Dangerfield, Conway, Henry

Out: Bruhn, Stanley, Rohan.

* Understand Toby was technically in the squad already, just for simplicity sake.

Geelong captain Patrick Dangerfield is ready to return for the first time since round seven after fully recovering from his second hamstring strain of 2024, while Ollie Henry and Zach Tuohy are also set to face the Blues in front of a crowd forecast to reach 75,000.

West Australian wingman/half-back Lawson Humphries is expected to be included in the 26-man squad for the first time after a strong burst of VFL form, with the 2023 pick No.63 on the cusp of a debut.

Geelong captain Patrick Dangerfield is ready to return for the first time since round seven after fully recovering from his second hamstring strain of 2024, while Ollie Henry and Zach Tuohy are also set to face the Blues in front of a crowd forecast to reach 75,000.

West Australian wingman/half-back Lawson Humphries is expected to be included in the 26-man squad for the first time after a strong burst of VFL form, with the 2023 pick No.63 on the cusp of a debut.

Going by all that, I'm taking a stab that we won't suddenly see Hardie named for a debut tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back