Rate a player: Jimmy Bartel

Remove this Banner Ad

He is becoming the clearance winner we need. Played alot on the wing last year but he is better suited in the Centre at the bounces. A comentator described him last week as a "Wall of meat" Meaning he is as solid as rock and very tough. Keeps his feet when tackled and can get the ball out of packs to the loose man.

Definite Brownlow contender this year if he continues his form.

Pretty much the complete player. Gets hard ball, has good disposals, lays tackles, contested and overhead marking as good as a lot of KPPs. Only thing he's missing is pace, but Geelong have plenty to cover for him in that department.

very courageous, unobtrusive but classy.
his mark running back into the pack around the same time as riewoldt's was, to my mind, even better than riewoldt's.
both great marks though.
any side would be happy to have him.

Is there anything about Bartel's game that stands out and says he's a dynamic player?

A lot can change in two years. :eek:
Very good player but not in the top group of players in the comp. He just isnt dyamic enough. There is nothing about him that standouts out.

I'd love to have a player like Bartel at Carlton.

And I would take him ahead of Ball in a hearbeat. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a quality player however earns far too many uncontested possessions.

Umpries look for hard ball winners i.e Judd, Kerr which is why he will not win the Brownlow Medal.

Great midfielder and I reckon he is in there abouts in the Brownlow, if he wins it or not will depend on how he and the team perform for the rest of the year. Keep going the way he and the team r going, he'll give Judd a run for his money. Personally I think Gary Ablett Jr is a better player than Bartel and thats cause he gets tagged every week yet this season has been easily Geelong's second best player and will be up there with the Brownlow votes as well. And I think since Gazza has only just started playing full-time in the midfield, he is only going to get better...:D:D:D

Is a quality player however earns far too many uncontested possessions.

Umpries look for hard ball winners i.e Judd, Kerr which is why he will not win the Brownlow Medal.

rofl!!

in the top 10 for contested ball winners.

Very good player up there for the brownlow and should easily win Geelong B&F clearly there best player and hes not even a Father Son.

Hehe. Good one. Absolute gun of a player, and to think we came relatively close to losing him a couple of years ago. Ablett's likely to steal a few Brownlow votes form him though, as Ablett's bloody magic on his feet, that point he kicked today was the best point of the year! =P

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate a player: Jimmy Bartel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back