Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone used the new fanatic backed club stores yet?

Went on the Richmond one to get a dusty 300 jumper for my partner and it doesn't give you members discount.

Got on the live chat thing and ended up getting a 20 percent off code but only 1 time use.

I kinda felt like they are trying to not give members discounts anymore through the online store.

Looking good! Do you wanna post my template I posted in here a few pages back since I couldn't post it in the template thread?
Wow completely missed it, the thread needs more modern stuff so it's definitely in!

My wife was going through my late father-in-law's things yesterday and found this photo of him (back row, second from right, and his brother is holding the ball) in the Largs Bay Orphanage footy team in 1940 - not sure of colours, but prison bars represent!
1717805226866.png
For non-croweaters, Largs Bay is only a stone's throw from Port Adelaide.

My wife was going through my late father-in-law's things yesterday and found this photo of him (back row, second from right, and his brother is holding the ball) in the Largs Bay Orphanage footy team in 1940 - not sure of colours, but prison bars represent!
View attachment 2013554
For non-croweaters, Largs Bay is only a stone's throw from Port Adelaide.
I am in no way an expert, but judging from the shorts, the prison bars definitely aren't white. I'd imagine they'd be the same colours as the stripe on the socks (look at the guy in front of your father-in-law).

Based off of these photos, this Essendon guernsey helps us eliminate red bars. Could have been a light blue (dare I say a teal? 😉) or yellow, and then both for the socks?
images-3.jpeg
Screenshot_20240608_102444_Samsung Internet.jpg
Melbourne University:
Melbourne_fc_1946.jpg
Richmond:
images-4.jpeg
All supposedly from the 1940s.

You'd think black or navy guernseys, due to the men in suits having the same colours.

Hopefully this sort of helps, but I'm far from knowledgable enough to give you an accurate analysis haha

You guys been keeping up with the stuff on Adobe?
And:
Laughs in T.H.O.P.

It's weird how their subscription works. From memory, I had to cancel a yearly plan and straight up cancelling added hundreds of dollars to the cancellation fee but if you switched plans to a cheap one (Photography I believe) then cancel that one, it's free :drunk:

Don't really know where to post this so I'm posting it here.

I've made a graphic of Carlton's lineup in the form of FIFA cards style.

Carlton 2024 FIFA.png

The ratings of each card is lossely based off AFL 23 player ratings. (Note that all the special cards have higher ratings then their base cards)

Should I make any other teams? Any suggestions?

I've always thought this would be a good idea (mind you, I'd also want the back shots and away/clash jumpers!). I'm not sure when they're coming out, but I imagine it's soon and that there'll be some promotion. Ask at your local post office if interested I guess.

1719460877468.png

source: latest Australia Post Stamp Bulletin no. 390

I've always thought this would be a good idea (mind you, I'd also want the back shots and away/clash jumpers!). I'm not sure when they're coming out, but I imagine it's soon and that there'll be some promotion. Ask at your local post office if interested I guess.

View attachment 2031549

source: latest Australia Post Stamp Bulletin no. 390
AFAIK these have been out for a little bit. They’re pretty cool, hopefully the next version of them is more like what you suggested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back