Preview R:8 - Swans v Giants - 1:45pm SCG - Saturday 4 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the rule around an emergency coming in? What's the latest it can be done and are their any specifics around replacing a selected player with an emergency?

No doubt the question has already been asked, but why exactly are we playing three talls in the wet?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who would you play on him ? If he kicks 5 on Rampe **** knows what he would do to a Fox or Cunningham.

Look heck knows, it's a big ask off best part of a month off to ask a 34 year old to play on him.

Midfield need to limit his supply , maybe I play someone creative on him and try to make him work defensively like florent blakey Hayward :p

I'd give fox first crack though

We had the same 3 talls the last time we played the Giants in the wet. It went alright, 6 goals between McLean and Amartey although Logan was subbed off that night.
Not to mention GWS are playing four talls. Geelong played three talls in the wet against Brisbane a few weeks back.

Reading this board you'd swear we're the only team that plays three talls in the comp.

I thought Amartey had one of his better performances yesterday. Was surprised to see he only had 3 touches.

My guess is Campbell will be dropped, he's clearly already on the out but did well when he came on.

Who I'd make as the sub? No clue
He did a few nice things that led to others' goals.

Okay smartie! Nobody else notices that huge screw up and now you've gone and blabbed it out loud everyone will know I can't count and/or read a calendar! :rolleyesv1: :tongueoutv1::roflv1: Lol!

Fixed! :embarrassedv1::laughv1::grinv1:
Ha ha, Sucker! No-one picked up that I put the wrong date in my preview of the Pies game.

Oh wait, damn, you tricked me. Now I've gone and told everyone.

Florent would be a good match for Greene and in his current form, actually keep the feisty Giant accountable defensively. Rowie first go on Green given he is their prime mover at the coal face.
I can never remember which of the Greens spells their name wrong.

Not to mention GWS are playing four talls. Geelong played three talls in the wet against Brisbane a few weeks back.

Reading this board you'd swear we're the only team that plays three talls in the comp.
As long as our talls are nimble enough to compete on the deck. Amartey's got lightning pace for a tall and McDonald's great below his knees, often crumbing goals. McLean and Grundy love to rag-doll opposition players in what will be a very physical encounter. They also give us marking targets around the ground, which will come in handy when we're inevitably forced to kick down the line.

Without enough talls inside 50 the Giant's tall defenders will mop up anything that comes in high. We need the talls to mark or at least bring the ball to ground for our smalls and midfielders to feast upon the spoils. Hayward needs to keep the third tall defender busy and stop easy intercepts.

That's the way I see it. We're definitely a better team with Parker in this week but not by enough to justify bringing him back before he's completely ready. It will be a very physical game.
Good to see Horse keeping one eye on the finals and taking a page from Chris Scott's playbook. Bank early wins lets you look after your best, most experienced players, resting them and keeping them in prime condition while giving young guys a chance to step up.

Finishing the H&A season top four with our best players primed and in really good nick is much more important than winning bragging rights at a derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back