Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really torn on this selection. Some very, very unfortunate players this week.... and probably the rest of the finals.

It's looking unlikely but I want Fox to be in the team. Papley and McInerney are underdone, we need the flexibility, just in case they can't keep the up with the speed of the game or are re-injured

I'm really torn on this selection. Some very, very unfortunate players this week.... and probably the rest of the finals.

It's looking unlikely but I want Fox to be in the team. Papley and McInerney are underdone, we need the flexibility, just in case they can't keep the up with the speed of the game or are re-injured

hard to comprehend that fox has seemingly dropped right out of the picture, and campbell very possibly misses out, when he's probably had the best month of his career ... although in theory that should be a very good sign for the team and coaches

Thinking more likely it's Campbell the unlucky one along with Francis, Fox and Cleary.

Adams won't get dropped IMO. He plays an important role and one underappreciated aspect of his game is his screening abilities at F50 stoppages. Heeney, Paps and Gulden all benefit from this. It's selfless and team first.

At this point it would be good for JMac to be sub with Adams coming off midway through the 3rd as a tactical sub. As someone pointed out though, Horse doesn't use it like this, but it might just be time to do so to keep Adams fresh.

Blue jumpers don't always mean not in the 22. I think the starting interchange players also wear blue. So we might be none the wiser.
Spot on. 18 in red by my eyes

Hayward, Rampe, Grundy, Cunningham, Lloyd, Parker, Heeney, Papley, Melican, McCartin, Rowbottom, Jordan, Amartey, Mills, McDonald, Roberts, Warner, Gulden

McLean, Blakey and Florent I can't spot anywhere

Campbell, Adams, McInerney, Fox in all in blue, so we aren't really any the wiser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of injured players... Are any of the "you don't play injured or underdone players in finals" brigade going to come out now and say it's a huge mistake playing Papley or McInerney? Or will that only happen if we lose?
I am of that brigade. But the players who we played in the past were not ready to come back. That was always my beef. If we had travelled to Brisbane then I would be doubtful that players who have spent multiple weeks out, McInerney & Papley, would be able to see out the match. But seeing we are in Sydney, without 80% humidity @ 28° I am happy to play them.

I believe Carlton are crazy to play all those players against Lions up there. Docherty has not played since Gather Round. If they bring 6 in they will be struggling in the last quarter due to heat & humidity.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we lose they'll turn up
I am not against playing players who have regained full fitness. I am against playing players who are not ready. In 2014 & 2016 we did this. In fact in 2916 there were 3 players who fit that scenario.

Papley & McInerney are fit. If we were plren't. We playing in Brisbane in 80% humidity & 28° that would be different. H would give them another week or only play one. But we aren't. We play at home

I hope Bedford does play and they make the same mistake of sending him to Warner

smallmouth bass water GIF by Winkelman
He kept Warner to 20 last time. The mistake would be if he went to Heeney, who would just push him out of the way.

He kept Warner to 20 last time. The mistake would be if he went to Heeney, who would just push him out of the way.

He did, but we also won, and rather comfortably. At one point in the game we were nearly 8 goals up, Warner also went forward and kicked 2 goals himself playing as a lead-up. Meanwhile Rowbottom & Heeney had 21 clearances - 9 out of the centre - between them. So I don't know that the Warner tag was all that successful.

And I feel like it rarely is. History has shown that the way to beat this team is not to stop one of our many exciting game-breakers, but to stop them all by killing us at the source - in the contest. Shut one of our inside contested players down and we struggle. I'd go Heeney or Rowbottom if I were Adam Kingsley.

I am not against playing players who have regained full fitness. I am against playing players who are not ready. In 2014 & 2016 we did this. In fact in 2916 there were 3 players who fit that scenario.

Papley & McInerney are fit. If we were plren't. We playing in Brisbane in 80% humidity & 28° that would be different. H would give them another week or only play one. But we aren't. We play at home

We also played underdone players in 2012 (Mumford and Richards). Richards was heavily restricted but still did a pretty good job on Franklin that day.

Didn't Franklin kick like 3.4 that day?
He did, but having watched that game about 3,000 times now I'm pretty confident in saying that Teddy did a decent job on him. He restricted him to pretty much exclusively shots from outside 50 on angles.

Franklin was in devastating form that season too. Espeically in the 2nd half of the season where he averaged about 5 goals a game.

For them:

Still uncertainty around Toby Bedford at GWS for final v Swans.

Trained today but not locked in yet. Adam Kingsley admits it’s not ideal for preparations considering he’s their tagger.

Finn Callaghan hasn’t trained all week, managing a knock. Kingsley says he’ll play.

@DanielGarb

Without Fox in the team we run the risk of lacking leg speed.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back