Opinion Punching Above Your Weight - Best Mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Great reader of the play, exceptional positioning, but for a bloke that is only 187cm Nick Vlastuin an outstanding marking player

Been a favourite of tigers fans for a long time
Right up with some of the best intercept players in the comp but also handy at ground level
Rarely lowers his colours

Been a favourite of tigers fans for a long time
Right up with some of the best intercept players in the comp but also handy at ground level
Rarely lowers his colours
Tigers copped a bit of flak when they picked him up in the draft, but no one taken after him has had a better career

Tigers copped a bit of flak when they picked him up in the draft, but no one taken after him has had a better career
Yeah and it’s been a bit of a funny one
When he was drafted we all kind of hoped he would eventually move into the middle but he was just so good at half back he never made the shift

Pre ACL's Docherty was awesome above his head. Liam Ryan when fully fit is still incredible in the air.

Do players from past eras count? Gary Ablett Sr was only 185cm and spent a lot of his career as a half forward or even up on the wing

Brad Johnson?

Do players from past eras count? Gary Ablett Sr was only 185cm and spent a lot of his career as a half forward or even up on the wing
Wait are you serious? I am taller than Senior. That information has really made my day worse. I could swear he looked much bigger on TV that I would swear up and down he was in the 190's

Wait are you serious? I am taller than Senior. That information has really made my day worse. I could swear he looked much bigger on TV that I would swear up and down he was in the 190's

Nope, listed at 185cm and 97kg

A lot of 80s guys are like that. Dermot Brereton was only 186cm (although i have seen him in person and think he is taller than that)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, listed at 185cm and 97kg

A lot of 80s guys are like that. Dermot Brereton was only 186cm (although i have seen him in person and think he is taller than that)
It’s tricky because that was indeed around key position height back then
Was are to see anyone really above 195 and the big blokes we have over 200cm was unthinkable

Vlaustin is an excellent player.

From the past nominate Jimmy Bartel.
Enright is another one from that era

Similar type of player to Vlaustin as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back