Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm afraid to say the grand final was a bitter sweet victory for me – my Swans supporting father was at home watching the game, and had a fatal heart attack. I was at a BBQ watching the game and found out after full time.

A very strange, sad day.
Thoughts are with you all DR

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm afraid to say the grand final was a bitter sweet victory for me – my Swans supporting father was at home watching the game, and had a fatal heart attack. I was at a BBQ watching the game and found out after full time.

A very strange, sad day.

I can feel your pain

Not swans, but there was a 18 year old niece and a 45 year old uncle this year that would have loved our day in the sun

Only solace is that her mother:brother was there for us, front row seats at the Punt Road End

Very bitter sweet, different reasons, hope your family is okay

That Shane Biggs passage where he made 3 repeat efforts and took Mills down like a savage beast on the Serengeti exemplified our year perfectly - never gave up, harassed and we ground out a goal. I love this club so much.
Biggs has been big for Bev. Would have a little point to prove vs Swans.

Biggs has been big for Bev. Would have a little point to prove vs Swans.
All of them are

They can do stuff all for the rest of their careers - having me and my dad calling each other in sheer jubilation (and tears the week before) was well worth it

How are Beveridge's 9 statues going on Barkly Street

A very strange, sad day.
Very sorry to hear that, DR.

A very strange, sad day.
My sympathy to you mate. I hope you are coping as well as possible.

I can feel your pain

Not swans, but there was a 18 year old niece and a 45 year old uncle this year that would have loved our day in the sun

Only solace is that her mother:brother was there for us, front row seats at the Punt Road End

Very bitter sweet, different reasons, hope your family is okay
The bulldogs bigfooty community's arms are around you friend.
I hope you and your family find peace soon.

Zaine is unbelievable

His goal in the first made me think we had a chance

Legend
Yes, getting off to a good start is priceless. He kicked it from just in front of us. Hell of a kick from the boundary and near 50 out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the very kind posts here.

My father was on his way out mentally and physically, and seriously there are worse ways to go out than while watching your team in a grand final.

On a brighter note, I'm enjoying wandering around Sydney in my Doggies gear.

Fantastic win and finals series. I've followed the Dogs for 18 years and no other Dogs teams I've seen plays such a hard edged finals style. No chokers there. No weak links.

Thanks for the very kind posts here.

My father was on his way out mentally and physically, and seriously there are worse ways to go out than while watching your team in a grand final.

On a brighter note, I'm enjoying wandering around Sydney in my Doggies gear.

Fantastic win and finals series. I've followed the Dogs for 18 years and no other Dogs teams I've seen plays such a hard edged finals style. No chokers there. No weak links.
And the 'no weak links' part is what has me believe that we could've called on a number of others on the list and still won that game on Saturday. Toyd, Cordy, Roberts and Hamling - our key posts in the grand final average 25 games between them and stood up. It's also the reason why our club won every competition it entered a team in this season. No weak links top to bottom and full commitment to each other.

A very strange, sad day.

So sorry to hear that mate. Condolences to your family

Would just like to inform although it may have been mentioned already
I called up Doncaster AFL Store regarding Grand Final DVD as it's one of the only things I really want to get a hold of for eternity. They weren't sure if they'd get restock on it if and when it would sell out but the man I was conversing with told me they were going to get a special 'Victory Package' Including all the finals and season highlights, would go for ~$100-$120
For those holding out for such a package, that's what I currently know

A very strange, sad day.
Sorry to hear. What is it with grand finals and heart attacks!? :(
My boss had a fatal heart attack shortly after he attended the drawn gf in 2010. Found out Monday morning when I walked in.

Thoughts are with you DR.

A very strange, sad day.

My condolences DR. Sorry to hear the news.

Congrats Doggies.

To say I am gutted is an understatement, it hurts not putting 2014 right. There is nothing better than seeing your side win a trophy (I've had a horror year, lets be honest. Liverpool x2, Rangers, Swans and Storm) and despite the pain a part of me is delighted to see your club has been able to finally break a Premiership drought. A very likeable club with a lot of great players. Enjoy it and see you next season. :thumbsu:

Commiserations mate, I've got all the respect in the world for your footy club. Great season from you guys to remain at the top while seamlessly incorporating youth and you can hold your heads high after the effort you put in on the big day. You'll be back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A very strange, sad day.
Sorry to hear that mate :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back