Preliminary Final Edition - Which club do you think will win the flag?

Who do you think will win the flag?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Sydney

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Made a thread like this last week

and since then Hawthorn and GWS have bowed out of contention.

I last week voted for Hawthorn being a smokey, so apparently I know nothing but now there are four teams left who can make it all the way. Sydney, Geelong, Port Adelaide and Brisbane.

Who do you think is going to win the flag and why?

For me I am going to go with Geelong. I hate saying that, I really do but if they beat Brisbane next week, which I think they will, I think they are going to be almost impossible to beat at the MCG.
This for me aswell

only vic based team left, no travel at all for a month or so now, they are primed

a fresh tom stewart back also

That was good preparation for Brisbane.
Only concern could be spending a bit on petrol tickets to get over the line tonight v GWS.

If Brisbane beat us, they will win the flag as Sydney are too reliant on a select few.

Geelong and I hate to say, they are the team to beat and will easily beat Brisbane next week
Brisbane got found out early, and GWS seemed too inexperienced or overawed to finish it.
Feel like Geelong will do it but just absolutely choke Brisbane of space and win easily. It’s the way they play, and in finals even perfect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was good preparation for Brisbane.
Only concern could be spending a bit on petrol tickets to get over the line tonight v GWS.

If Brisbane beat us, they will win the flag as Sydney are too reliant on a select few.
I was quite shocked by the 'time in front' stats, which had GWS ahead by around 129 minutes, and Brisbane by about 10. Very long game, almost 140 minutes of footy. I guess in a long season it doesn't mean a lot, but that struck me a bit as an outlier for the length of game.

I suppose the 2 home teams are favourites, though in a season of regular surprises, it would be out of character I reckon for both these games to go the way of the odds. So the cases for the away teams:

Port's pressure may trouble Swans. It was awesome Friday, if they bring it again, game on.

If Lions flick their fast game on at the right time, it could cause panic for Cats. I reckon they need to take that approach, I hope they are brave enough to.

Expect one surprise - I reckon Lions might be more likely for the upset, and in the spirit of a topsy turvy year, the least likely upset will be most likely, so I'd be thinking Port for the upset.

There you go.

Have to say Geelong look the most in form and reliable out of the last 4. People keep overrating Sydney, they're fragile, rely on stars to get them over the line. Geelong has a better coaching/system foundation. I can't see Port getting their revenge on Geelong after being pantsed at home, and Brisbane...well they're the wild card, for me. This game could go either way. Geelong or Brisbane winning by about 50 wouldn't surprise me. I think if Geelong are to be stopped it'll be in the prelim against Brisbane.

Voted for Brisbane lol. Reckon they'll come out still carrying the momentum from last week and kick the first 5 goals and stun the catters.

Then Brisbane have a really good record against Sydney and match up all across the ground well, and Port only really played 40 minutes of dominant football this finals and scored 3.6 in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preliminary Final Edition - Which club do you think will win the flag?

Back