Predict the 'break out' player of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

If he gets a chance...............Murray Newman.
He did well two years ago and now will have a more mature body.
Yes he is feral, but that's nothing new in AFL.
If he gets a suspended sentence an has a rise from the rookie list I'd give him every chance of being a supercoach win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicting such a thing is like picking the Lotto numbers. Carter and Wilson for mine the most likely.

Players I think won't break out are Lycett, Shepherd and to a lesser extent Smith. None of them have really shown they can make it, imho.

It ain't Priddis' fault he won the B&F. If he's the liability many claim he is, then what does that say about the others?

What indeed sir.

Predicting such a thing is like picking the Lotto numbers. Carter and Wilson for mine the most likely.

Players I think won't break out are Lycett, Shepherd and to a lesser extent Smith. None of them have really shown they can make it, imho.

Agree with that one completely

tumblr_ls80f5DqVy1qjzjs4o1_400.gif

From being ready to contribute majorly at AFL level. Not from getting a regular gig.

I think this will be Cox's last year, and I think Lycett has a good chance of taking his spot by the end of the year so long as Natanui is fit & uninjured (if he isn't then Lycett gets his spot instead). I think by the end of 2014 he'll be good enough that most teams would be fine with him as their primary ruck.

I think that for 2014-2016ish, Natanui will be ahead of him as a ruckman for our side, but I can imagine that once Lycett matures a bit more he'll take over primary ruck duties and leave Natanui free to roam around the ground.

Tunbridge in his 4th year - big bodied mid resting forward. Play him like Josh Kennedy from the Swans.

Elliot Yeo - shown a bit already but in his 3rd AFL season he could be ready to explode.

Sheppard - he's taken a longer run up than Dennis Lillee but hopefully he can pull it all together in 2014 under Simpson.

Naitanui - some will say he's already had a break out season but if he can stay fit and play 20 games don't be surprised if he starts to simply dominate games and win the Brownlow.:D He's been brilliant in patches so far but if he can do that consistently over four quarters he will leave the opposition in his wake shaking their heads in awe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Predict the 'break out' player of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back