Potential Pick 6 and Pick 10 draftee Highlight Videos and Player Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Took this from another site, some of Marcus Bontempelli's stats.

Average of last 6 games since U18 Carnival.

13.5 Kicks
10.5 Handballs
24.0 Disposals (11.6 Contested) - Highlights: 30 Disposals vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13); 29 Disposals vs. Gippsland (Rd. 15).

5.5 Marks
1.8 Goals (0.8 Behinds) - Highlight: 5 Goals vs. North Ballarat (Rd. 16).

3.5 Tackles - Highlight: 7 Tackles vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13).
4.7 Clearances - Highlight: 7 Clearances vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13); 7 Clearances vs. Gippsland (Elim Final); 6 Clearances vs. Murray (Rd. 17).

5.8 Inside 50 - Highlight: 10 vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13).
0.5 Rebound 50 - Highlight: 2 vs. Geelong (Rd. 14).

As you can see he does fairly well in every area for a tall midfielder, he tackles, gets clearances, wins the contested ball, takes marks and kicks goals. If he can put all those highlights together, he will be a scary player no doubt.

For me, if his DE is up over 85% then I'm happy if his numbers are around the 20 mark......We need another damaging player not another accumulator so much!

85%? Harvey has the highest DE at 78% out of the players who average more than 24 possessons.
Well maybe he only needs 15 disposals per game then! :D

Grant Birchal at 84% and 23.9 is pretty impressive

That would almost be my nightmare result, Quicky. Swap out Sharenberg for KK, and that would be it. I think we really need to set up our midfield spots with this period. We can look to KFF and HB options next year. We need to take this opportunity to get good young runners and ball users into our system stat (after having lost Thomas, Wellers and Shaw over last couple, and with Ball and Swan entering twighlight).

Adams, Aish, and Bontemp / Acres please.

Scharenburg is one of the best ball users in the draft and I can see playing well as an outside midfielder. I'm presuming we are getting Adams in my calculations. I can take the argument about McCarthy, there is sense in going for a midfielder at this selection but only if we go KPF next year.

Took this from another site, some of Marcus Bontempelli's stats.

Average of last 6 games since U18 Carnival.

13.5 Kicks
10.5 Handballs
24.0 Disposals (11.6 Contested) - Highlights: 30 Disposals vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13); 29 Disposals vs. Gippsland (Rd. 15).

5.5 Marks
1.8 Goals (0.8 Behinds) - Highlight: 5 Goals vs. North Ballarat (Rd. 16).

3.5 Tackles - Highlight: 7 Tackles vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13).
4.7 Clearances - Highlight: 7 Clearances vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13); 7 Clearances vs. Gippsland (Elim Final); 6 Clearances vs. Murray (Rd. 17).

5.8 Inside 50 - Highlight: 10 vs. Oakleigh (Rd. 13).
0.5 Rebound 50 - Highlight: 2 vs. Geelong (Rd. 14).

As you can see he does fairly well in every area for a tall midfielder, he tackles, gets clearances, wins the contested ball, takes marks and kicks goals. If he can put all those highlights together, he will be a scary player no doubt.

He's the cousin of Nick Dal Santo.... and his numbers emulate Dal Santo, too!

I was a little underwhelmed from Freeman's highlights, I'd be surprised if we drafted him based on the video, pure outside player who's disposal isn't great, seemed to panic when someone laid a hand on him too, didn't break any tackles.

McCarthy Looked good going by his video, reportedly a progressive type as well, remember by the time McCarthys 23-24 Cloke will be finished, I say we roll the dice with this kid if Hines rates him, I think he could go top 5, one would think the Saints-Dogs will consider him.

Also, St Kilda are also very interested in taking him at pick 24, but to be brutely honest, and perhaps state the obvious, St Kilda wouldn't be a good fit for Dayle. He needs to land at club that has a fantastic structure around him, with good welfare and support systems, and senior Indgienous players to really take him under their wing an mentor. Essendon are really keen, and could take him if avaliable with pick 26, which is hard to believe given how Garlett pissed all over his opportunity with them last year.

It's basically down to Hawthorn, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Essendon and there is some consideration that Richmond have floated some interest, but they're out of the second round as we speak.

Richmond have flown over and spoke to him twice the last time I heard.

That would almost be my nightmare result, Quicky. Swap out Sharenberg for KK, and that would be it. I think we really need to set up our midfield spots with this period. We can look to KFF and HB options next year. We need to take this opportunity to get good young runners and ball users into our system stat (after having lost Thomas, Wellers and Shaw over last couple, and with Ball and Swan entering twighlight).

Adams, Aish, and Bontemp / Acres please.

Really don't want KK. Whilst personally I don't think he will be there, Sharenberg is a better intercept and contested mark, a better kick, and has more scope to get his hands dirty and win his own ball.

I really wanted some 20-30's types to fill that rebounding defender role ie; Isiah Miller/Tom Langdon/ Zak Jones.

I'm not complaining, particularly as we now have 2 picks out of the first 10, but if we do go a rebounding type, it has to be Sharenberg.

Otherwise Bontempelli/Lennon/Crouch/Salem or in a dream world Billings

Gee, the guy who edited the Aish video must not have had much material to work with. It's less of a "highlights vid" and more of a "video of Aish doing stuff in the limited footage we have access to", and everyone's gone off him because of it! The kid is some player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the top five went Boyd, Kelly, Billings, Scharenberg and KKolodjashnij and we were left to choose from Aish and Bontempelli knowing that whoever we don't choose goes at pick 7, who do we pick?

Then, a similar scenario at 10 - Boyd, Kelly, Billings, Scarenberg, KK, Aish, Bontempelli, McDonald, Freeman are gone - who do we choose? It's a bit more open from this point in my opinion. Acres and Lennon are my preferences in order but there are probably three or four others who are in the scope, too.

I'm struggling to choose a preference between Aish and Bontempelli, but I'll say Aish at pick 6. Acres at pick 10.

However, all of that is just spitballing, I still firmly believe Aish will be gone by pick 6, so Bontempelli should we land him will be lovely, thank you very much.

Also, while having an agreement to not draft Dom Sheed may be draft tampering. You'd be naive to think agreements like that don't happen.

Is it just me or do I get the impression that not many of us are keen to see Billings slide to 6? He's obviously very highly rated (and rightly so) due to his elite kicking and ability to find the goals, but the general consensus here seems to be that we'd rather Aish, Scharenberg, KK or Bonty to be the slider. I'm assuming that's because our need for line-breaking midfielders or half back flankers probably outweighs our need for a medium forward right now?! This kid looks as though he would step up to a midfield role in the not too distant future though. What are people's thoughts?

FWIW, I'd be keen to see one of Aish or Scharenberg in the black and white :thumbsu:

I was impressed by Salems clip
Got a bit of Marc Murphy about him. Looks like a good prospect.

Seriously though I don't know how, going by those highlights, scharenberg isn't the second behind Boyd... He is a beastly looking guy, takes courageous marks, can kick like clement and looks to have a great sidestep and a **** load of speed to burn. Talk about a backline general.

Got a bit of Marc Murphy about him. Looks like a good prospect.

Seriously though I don't know how, going by those highlights, scharenberg isn't the second behind Boyd... He is a beastly looking guy, takes courageous marks, can kick like clement and looks to have a great sidestep and a **** load of speed to burn. Talk about a backline general.

I thought he was a splitting image of Sharrod Wellingham. Hopefully he has no Marc Murphy we don't need players who roll around on the ground soccer style playing for free kicks. That's why we got rid of Dids, rest his soul.

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential Pick 6 and Pick 10 draftee Highlight Videos and Player Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back