Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

This will always be one of my favorite swans gif. It just sums up our play at the time so well.

0rL6K2Q.gif

All quiet on our board tonight. Don’t tell me you’re all watching the State of Origin ? What a yawnfest. 5 hit ups then a kick, rinse and repeat. Lose possession lose the match. Bye week is less boring.

been running

SBD Gonzalez Just a reminder that we here on the swans board are the superior of the species. While we are largely humble beings, we are in fact more intelligent, more passionate and just all round better people. Don't waste your time on the main board conversing with the plebs who are unintelligent enough to follow anyone other than our great club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Controversial post from coming:

An in-depth research study has been performed, aimed at analysing widely accepted claims by JackHiscoxWasFast that Jack Hiscox was fast.

The study involved robust analysis of an extensive data set (comprising 1 article) - https://www.afl.com.au/draft/combine

The outcomes of this research study have recently been published. Key findings are summarised as follows:

(a) Jack Hiscox was outstanding in the 3km time trial & beep test
(b) Jack Hiscox did not feature in the sprint test “best of” lists.

The contention based on this data is that Jack Hiscox was indeed a fine endurance athlete - but may not, contrary to popular mythology - actually have been FAST (where “fast” is defined by one’s sprinting ability).

I realise this scientific analysis will cause appreciable consternation in some quarters. But rigorous scientific analysis such as this is beyond reproach.

The other primary finding of the study is that Corey Warner can jump. In fact, the SCG should play a “boing!!!” noise every time he contests a mark.

SBD Gonzalez Just a reminder that we here on the swans board are the superior of the species. While we are largely humble beings, we are in fact more intelligent, more passionate and just all round better people. Don't waste your time on the main board conversing with the plebs who are unintelligent enough to follow anyone other than our great club.
Thanks for saying out loud what I had always suspected to be the case.

All quiet on our board tonight. Don’t tell me you’re all watching the State of Origin ? What a yawnfest. 5 hit ups then a kick, rinse and repeat. Lose possession lose the match. Bye week is less boring.
I don’t mind League. Second in my hierarchy of footy codes (though it’s daylight from first).

But half an hour listening to the commentators is enough to make any self respecting non-brain dead AFL fan promise to never criticise the standard of AFL commentators ever again.

An in-depth research study has been performed, aimed at analysing widely accepted claims by JackHiscoxWasFast that Jack Hiscox was fast.

The study involved robust analysis of an extensive data set (comprising 1 article) - https://www.afl.com.au/draft/combine

The outcomes of this research study have recently been published. Key findings are summarised as follows:

The contention based on this data is that Jack Hiscox was indeed a fine endurance athlete - but may not, contrary to popular mythology - actually have been FAST (where “fast” is defined by one’s sprinting ability).

I realise this scientific analysis will cause appreciable consternation in some quarters. But rigorous scientific analysis such as this is beyond reproach.

The other primary finding of the study is that Corey Warner can jump. In fact, the SCG should play a “boing!!!” noise every time he contests a mark.

you've hit on a great idea ... forget stupid songs at games, introduce individual player novelty sound effects!

Au contraire. It’s this level of shallow analysis I’d expect from the VIC media, not the sage DQ !

One only needs to look up his 200m and 400m works athletics times for proof. Let alone the 800m, how he glided through the tartan track…..

Sprint tests ? Where were these measured, what poppycock. Did they stopwatch Sam Reid through a drive through ? Didn’t think so.

#JackHiscoxDefinitelyWasFast

It seems his ability to 'go the distance' was inversely proportional to his career.

Let's go one further. I want to see Norf run onto the ground to Yakety Sax.

yes! and in that amusing speeded-up way, too! and being chased by a parade of umpires, cops, nuns, jockeys, angry chefs, etc ...
they don't have any dignity anyway ... and if they refuse, out of the league!!!

Thanks Chris. Funnily I found smoking easier to quit than idiot discussion on the SRP threads, but I appreciate your point!

The idiotic discussions in the SRP pale in comparison to the absolute crap that gets posted to the main board.

Life is a lot better if you ignore Bigfooty in general!

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back