Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Swans say don't be a dickhead to yourself SBD. STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARD SBD. STAY OFF THE SRP THREADS SBD.

Just keep remembering SBD that we love you and we support the greatest sporting team in the history of the planet and whenever you feel tempted to visit any other site, sit back and bask in that ambiance!

wait wait wait! ... nobody said "love"

Sydney Swans say don't be a dickhead to yourself SBD. STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARD SBD. STAY OFF THE SRP THREADS SBD.

Also you might be able to ask a Super Mod to ban you from the board, pre-emptively so you aren't tempted into old habbits

i got into some old habits ... geez, the nuns were furious when they found me

I need your help peeps.

I lurked on BF for quite some years before signing up twelve years ago.

Once I did sign up, I mostly confined myself to this board, occasionally nipping over to the MB.

The MB racist pile-on onto Adam Goodes during the booing disgrace was a truly dismaying time to be on there, but I stood up for Goodesy, survived the onslaught, and since then it had been mostly OK.

Then a few years ago, bored during the off-season, I ventured onto the main board Society, Religion and Politics threads. I found all manner of interesting and stimulating discussion there. (Bewilderingly, I even sometimes found myself in furious agreement on non-football matters with some Hawthorn supporters.)

But it also gets very ugly and disappointing on there at times. Thereā€™s one poster (who is actually an admin! - so you can't block them) who, though I suspect I align with on many things politically, represents to me everything bad about the side of us human beings that social media brings out.

It all came to a head about the same time I had a brush with my own mortality, which, as is often the case, caused me to re-evaluate my priorities.

I realised BF was giving me more grief than pleasure, and I signed out. And I felt good.

Since then, until recently, I've lurked, felt much better about things, and easily resisted the temptation to sign on and comment.

But then recently I signed back on, simply because that makes navigation round the pages so much easier (as the site then remembers what point you were up to in various threads etc.)

Also, by not signing in, I was having to read posts by a few people that Iā€™d put on Ignore, and that was hard to cop sometimes. There's a few real jerks, frankly. Signing on meant I didn't have to see that crap, and plus I was sticking purely to football-related threads anyway.

All good, but of course you know where this is going ā€¦

Trumpā€™s recent guilty verdict was just TOO delicious. I just HAD to see what people were saying over on the Trump thread. And it was very entertaining.

And then I posted a comment or two.

And I Liked a comment or two.

Did the same with the MB footy threads.

Iā€™m slipping back into old habits, and I don't like where that took me last time.

So far, I haven't gotten into idiotic arguments with anonymous idiots on the internet, who think I'm also an idiot. Yet.

But it will happen.

I need your support, good people of the Swans board.

Please say to me:

Thanks in advance. All the best to you wonderful lot.
Stay here , i learnt early days to stay off the main board

I need your help peeps.

Once I did sign up, I mostly confined myself to this board, occasionally nipping over to the MB.

The MB racist pile-on onto Adam Goodes during the booing disgrace was a truly dismaying time to be on there, but I stood up for Goodesy, survived the onslaught, and since then it had been mostly OK.

Then a few years ago, bored during the off-season, I ventured onto the main board Society, Religion and Politics threads. I found all manner of interesting and stimulating discussion there. (Bewilderingly, I even sometimes found myself in furious agreement on non-football matters with some Hawthorn supporters.)

But it also gets very ugly and disappointing on there at times. Thereā€™s one poster (who is actually an admin! - so you can't block them) who, though I suspect I align with on many things politically, represents to me everything bad about the side of us human beings that social media brings out.

It all came to a head about the same time I had a brush with my own mortality, which, as is often the case, caused me to re-evaluate my priorities.

I realised BF was giving me more grief than pleasure, and I signed out. And I felt good.

Since then, until recently, I've lurked, felt much better about things, and easily resisted the temptation to sign on and comment.

But then recently I signed back on, simply because that makes navigation round the pages so much easier (as the site then remembers what point you were up to in various threads etc.)

Also, by not signing in, I was having to read posts by a few people that Iā€™d put on Ignore, and that was hard to cop sometimes. There's a few real jerks, frankly. Signing on meant I didn't have to see that crap, and plus I was sticking purely to football-related threads anyway.

Trumpā€™s recent guilty verdict was just TOO delicious. I just HAD to see what people were saying over on the Trump thread. And it was very entertaining.

Iā€™m slipping back into old habits, and I don't like where that took me last time.

So far, I haven't gotten into idiotic arguments with anonymous idiots on the internet, who think I'm also an idiot. Yet.

But it will happen.

Please say to me:

I remember the day that Trump won the election in 2016, and I was watching Stephen Colbert, and he mentioned somthing that stuck with me. He talk about how when engaging in politics it's like taking a drug, the drug of being right, and no matter where you are on the political (and footy) spectrum, the drug of being right is overwhelming.

I think the statement, ignorance is bliss, is underrated. If I don't know what other people's opinions are, I can't be upset.

Anywho, goodluck cutting it out, all the best to ya.

SBD. You are a wonderful poster and anything but an idiot. If I can give up smoking after 40+ years YOU CAN GIVE UP THE MAIN AND SRP BOARDS. DON'T DO IT. šŸ˜‰
Well done on the lack of smoking! I stopped drinking alcohol on January 29 (not that it's circled on my calendar or anything...) and since then my posting has slowed down and Dubai Quacker and The King! make less sense. I guess I won't be going to the Bear and Bandicoot any time soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done on the lack of smoking! I stopped drinking alcohol on January 29 (not that it's circled on my calendar or anything...) and since then my posting has slowed down and Dubai Quacker and The King! make less sense. I guess I won't be going to the Bear and Bandicoot any time soon.
Thanks. Great effort on the alcohol!
People and what they say looks different when not viewed through the grog specs. šŸ¤Ŗ

I need your help peeps.

But it will happen.

Please say to me:

And I'm also a mod, so that's an order :p

I need your help peeps.

But it will happen.

Please say to me:

I took a break because you can get caught up in it all.

Nowadays I mostly just come here to amuse myself and to try to take my Swans passion a little less serious and negatively .

If you can resist just say your bit and drop and mic and leave šŸ˜‚

I was actually going to try and post something helpful and lost my train of thought, so I will just say I think the swans board here is a really unique enjoyable community so I missed that , and I miss people like yourself not being here, so stick around.

Now if I am one of the people you blocked and you don't see this well heck you šŸ˜‚

Are you accusing me of making sense at some stage?

How dare you

SBD Gonzalez, Don't be a dickhead to yourself SBD! STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARD! STAY OFF THE SRP THREADS!
Day by day, mate, day by day... just like any other habit! If the mods can bar you, then go for it! Any tool you can find that works, use it! This board would be poorer for the loss of you, so any tool that gets you through...

dosser, well done mate!!! My youngest (40) is trying to do the same and it's a hard slog! I gave up pokies around the same time, but it was much easier... just went on line and barred myself from everywhere within 200ks! Pity they don't have something similar for alcohol!

Kiama Chris, great stuff!!! I'm doing that now after 40+ years... still at the 'just not today, make it through today' stage... probably will be for the first full year... But in my head, I'm done! I will never smoke again.

SBD Gonzalez, Don't be a dickhead to yourself SBD! STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARD! STAY OFF THE SRP THREADS!
Day by day, mate, day by day... just like any other habit! If the mods can bar you, then go for it! Any tool you can find that works, use it! This board would be poorer for the loss of you, so any tool that gets you through...

dosser, well done mate!!! My youngest (40) is trying to do the same and it's a hard slog! I gave up pokies around the same time, but it was much easier... just went on line and barred myself from everywhere within 200ks! Pity they don't have something similar for alcohol!

Kiama Chris, great stuff!!! I'm doing that now after 40+ years... still at the 'just not today, make it through today' stage... probably will be for the first full year... But in my head, I'm done! I will never smoke again.
Thanks so much KS, and big congratulations to you on giving up pokies AND cigs. Round of applause for that! ā¤ļø

Nowadays I mostly just come here to amuse myself and to try to take my Swans passion a little less serious and negatively .

I was actually going to try and post something helpful and lost my train of thought, so I will just say I think the swans board here is a really unique enjoyable community so I missed that , and I miss people like yourself not being here, so stick around.

Now if I am one of the people you blocked and you don't see this well heck you šŸ˜‚
Thanks for your as always valuable and inimitable perspective mate.

Just trying to imagine in what parallel universe someone would think blocking Kingy was a desirable option. ā¤ļø

I have this guy blocked, what did he say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back