Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Horses can't have soft ground when they run. It's not the rain that's the issue there but how sturdy the turf is. They could break a leg if the foot gets caught. So even if the rain did stop they would have to inspect the track.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Randwick drains better than just about every other track in Australia - so there must have been a real deluge.

And heavy rain always leads to the “will we make a late change and leave a tall out?” question.

But we never do.

thank you, what was with the orange on Carlton? I can only assume they sold out to one of their sponsors like when they had the M&M guernsey

Awareness for domestic violence

I think most wanted Serong over Stephens at the time, and him being a Swans supporter too....sigh.

Was Stephens rated about 12th that year before we took him?

Taylor was an out-N-out failure by our recruiters to do due diligence and background checking. Negligent by then as you'd hope EVERY club in the land is doing that before selecting people. Though I do conceed it is hard to get the truth out of people in and around a young player's circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most wanted Serong over Stephens at the time, and him being a Swans supporter too....sigh.

Was Stephens rated about 12th that year before we took him?

Taylor was an out-N-out failure by our recruiters to do due diligence and background checking. Negligent by then as you'd hope EVERY club in the land is doing that before selecting people. Though I do conceed it is hard to get the truth out of people in and around a young player's circle.
No the Crows were keen on Stephens ab pick 6.

Can I just go on record and say how much I hate this plethora of byes.

Six teams not playing this weekend, and it feels like it’s been that way for months.

Lucky at least we’re three games clear because I can’t get any sort of handle on the rest of the comp.
It's a very odd fixture. Opening Round was a knee jerk and threw everything out of whack. The byes are all over the place and IMO too early. 4, 2, 6, 6. WTF?

Can I just go on record and say how much I hate this plethora of byes.

Six teams not playing this weekend, and it feels like it’s been that way for months.

Lucky at least we’re three games clear because I can’t get any sort of handle on the rest of the comp.
You wouldn't get it.gif

Actually I've loved this bye weekend mate. The most relaxed and stress free I have been all season.

I’ve kicked back without a care in the world, watched a couple of games at my leisure ….. just loving the bye.

I reckon there should be more of them in fact. Three a season would be the sweet spot for me.

If you get 1 player through a draft who becomes best 22 it’s still a good year.
What does that make 2018* for us then?

Five players we got from that draft now in our best 22.

I don't reckon there would be too many examples of five players taken in the same draft even lasting six years on a list together, let alone all being in the team together six years later!

*According to Wikipedia, the rookie draft and pre-season supplementary period are both counted as being part of that off-season's draft.

View attachment 2027876

Actually I've loved this bye weekend mate. The most relaxed and stress free I have been all season.

I’ve kicked back without a care in the world, watched a couple of games at my leisure ….. just loving the bye.

I reckon there should be more of them in fact. Three a season would be the sweet spot for me.

Mate ditch that other mob already , you seem settled here

What does that make 2018* for us then?

Five players we got from that draft now in our best 22.

I don't reckon there would be too many examples of five players taken in the same draft even lasting six years on a list together, let alone all being in the team together six years later!

*According to Wikipedia, the rookie draft and pre-season supplementary period are both counted as being part of that off-season's draft.

let alone being in the same premiership team etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back