Post Your Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, my latest incarnation of my team :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, my team is very fluid and this is probably version 412.0 lol

I won my work league last year through mostly bad luck on their part, but this year I wanna flog them (all the guys HATE when a chick beats them at DT and SC haha :p )

I had many of the same peeps everyone had last year and I'd like to mix it up enough this year to still score really well, but hopefully do a teeny bit better :)

Things I'm worried about:
All the rookies (Not until the teams are released am I going to be set, but these are the ones I like the look of so far).
My forward line (last year I had both Reiwoldts, for a while anyway, and I kind of want Jack again and give him the benefit of the doubt, but I hated how poorly they did).
Heppell, he was great last year, but for that much money I want someone how I KNOW is gonna perform.

Backs: H Scotland - B Goddard - G Broughton - D Heppell - M Clarke - B Ellis - T Mohh......SUBS: B Smedts - T Bugg

Mids: S Pendlebery (VC) - M Boyd - G Ablett (C) - N Fyfe - D Martin - S Coniglio......SUBS: J Stringer - J Magner

Rucks: D Cox - J Giles....SUBS: J Redden - T Derickx

Forwards: P Chapman - L Franklin - D Beams - P Dangerfield - J Porplyzia - D Pfeiffer - A Treloar.....SUBS: S Kerridge - T Couch

Thanks heaps for your help everyone, loving this message board!!

I wouldn't pick Beams without seeing him first, while Fyfe and Martin would be better picks in your forward line. Solid apart from that :)

OK Guys , I turn to the heads of wisdom when it comes to dream Team as im not very good at it & usually been very biased to players i like rather than players that score well. Here it goes and please be critical and offer a alternative player if possible.

Backs:
Goddard, H.Shaw, R.Shaw, Delidio, B.Lake, R.Hargraves, M.Clarke (B.Ellis,B.Smedts)

Midfielders:

D.Swan, G.Ablett , P.Dangerfield , S.Coniglio, K.Stevens , S.Clifton (S.Gibson,J,Magner)

Rucks:

M.Kreuzer , I.Maric , J.Giles , J, Redden

Fowards:

L.Franklin , A,Goodes , N,Fyfe , J.Porplyzia , C,Rioli ,D,Martin , N,Riewoldt (T.Adams,D.Smith)

Please Be Critical as advice will be taken Highlighted are my keepers atm 1 of lake or hargraves gives me 15 keeper & 11 cash cows
and 4 mid priced players that can go either way.

This is the latest incarnation of my team.....

B - Carrazzo, H Shaw, Suckling, Duffield, Hargrave, B Ellis, Darley (Bugg, S Morris)

M - Pendlebury, Boyd, Ablett, Swan, Magner, Coniglio (McDonald, Wingard)

R - Cox, Giles (Rowe, Stephensen)

F - S Johnson, Franklin, Fyfe, S Sidebottom, Porplyzia, D Smith, Saad (A Hall, Sexton)

Thinking Mid Rookies have the greatest scope for increase in value.

Thoughts on my team?

OK Guys , I turn to the heads of wisdom when it comes to dream Team as im not very good at it & usually been very biased to players i like rather than players that score well. Here it goes and please be critical and offer a alternative player if possible.

Backs:
Goddard, H.Shaw, R.Shaw, Delidio, B.Lake, R.Hargraves, M.Clarke (B.Ellis,B.Smedts)

Midfielders:

D.Swan, G.Ablett , P.Dangerfield , S.Coniglio, K.Stevens , S.Clifton (S.Gibson,J,Magner)

Rucks:

M.Kreuzer , I.Maric , J.Giles , J, Redden

Fowards:

L.Franklin , A,Goodes , N,Fyfe , J.Porplyzia , C,Rioli ,D,Martin , N,Riewoldt (T.Adams,D.Smith)

Please Be Critical as advice will be taken Highlighted are my keepers atm 1 of lake or hargraves gives me 15 keeper & 11 cash cows
and 4 mid priced players that can go either way.

Wouldn't call Lake a keeper, there are big concerns over whether or not he can get back to his best. Good luck on that pick though

I would change R Shaw. Maybe Duffield/Suban ?

You need more fire power in your midfield. You cant rely on two guns and Dangerfield to get you big scores and thats where the bulk of your scoring is going to be.

I would not have Rioli, hugely talented player but too injury prone. Porps could be in the same boat but has looked good so far. I would also downgrade another forward (leaning towards Roo here) and get some cash.

Maybe plonk Danger in the forwards for Roo/Rioli or swap one of em for someone like Christiansen or something. Should give you some cash to bulk up your mids.

Not so sure on maric either. Never been a good dt-er. Id rather take a punt on Macintosh for a similar price.

Hope that helps :thumbsu:

*EDIT* and as much as I like the looks of Koby Stevens, he is going to be hard pressed to cement a spot in our 22

Wouldn't call Lake a keeper, there are big concerns over whether or not he can get back to his best. Good luck on that pick though

I would change R Shaw. Maybe Duffield/Suban ?

You need more fire power in your midfield. You cant rely on two guns and Dangerfield to get you big scores and thats where the bulk of your scoring is going to be.

I would not have Rioli, hugely talented player but too injury prone. Porps could be in the same boat but has looked good so far. I would also downgrade another forward (leaning towards Roo here) and get some cash.

Maybe plonk Danger in the forwards for Roo/Rioli or swap one of em for someone like Christiansen or something. Should give you some cash to bulk up your mids.

Not so sure on maric either. Never been a good dt-er. Id rather take a punt on Macintosh for a similar price.

Hope that helps :thumbsu:

*EDIT* and as much as I like the looks of Koby Stevens, he is going to be hard pressed to cement a spot in our 22

Thanks for the feedback JDWCE. just a few points to clarify where im coming from.

1. I highlighted hargraves & Lake thinking 1 of them might be a keeper rather than the 2 so if lake isnt upto it could be my player i upgrade.

2. I believe that rs might take over from where tigh kennely now that that position has been taken also considered Newman or Broughton for that spot duffield was a possibility but never considered suban tbh

3.The reason why i went with only 2.5 premiums in the midfield is because thats where i believe the cash cows have the most chance of increasing in value with the players i went with

4.Rioli & Roo were concearns and i did consider what you mentioned before i posted but Roo seems like he is at his lowest at the moment and with scott waters being more offensive thought his value would only increase Rioli - I am tempted to take ur advise and get sam mitchell by moving danger - your thoughts

Considered McIntosh but believe thatgoldstein is a fantastic ruckman that will take alot of time away from hmac also injuries are a concern as well ................... Maric is cheap for a full time ruckman that will get alot of tog. i expect him to average around 75-85

K.Stevens ..................... You would be a good judge and i will take notice

Have picked a bit of a different side. I dont really trust any back/forward rookies at the moment and cannot see myself starting any of them!

Backs: Shaw, Broughton, Duffield, Lake, Hargrave, Davis, Clarke (Ellis, Mohr)
Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Swallow, S.Selwood, Miles, Magnar, (Mcdonald, Clifton)
Rucks:Mcevoy, Mcintosh, (Giles, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Martin, Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Porps (Couch, Kerridge)

The rookies will be swapped once I see round one teams so im not worried about them at all at this stage. I will not try to justify some of my "risky picks" and it would be good if you guys could tell me why im being silly!

Phil Davis Going to have alot of responsibility with the young side and they will be looking to get the ball into his hands. Very cheap and underplayed @ the crows and could rise as much as a rookie

Hargrave and Lake The doggies are playing chip around the backline and doing alot of switches...alot of marks will be alot of points for these 2 ex premiums (plus Lake is looking real real good)

Scott Selwood Looked real good last night and in patches last year and with maturity should be more consistent. Turned 21, fifth year and has improved significantly every year! in a good side that looks to be top 4 again.

Andrew SwallowHad him the last three years and has got a permanent spot in my side!

P Dangerfield The last 2 years everyone has talked this guy up and with this preseason I think it is his year.

I originally had Goddard, Hayes and Montagana (I am a St Kilda supporter) and from what I seen last night we are done! will be playing alot more kids and might miss the 8

Thanks for the feedback JDWCE. just a few points to clarify where im coming from.

1. I highlighted hargraves & Lake thinking 1 of them might be a keeper rather than the 2 so if lake isnt upto it could be my player i upgrade.

2. I believe that rs might take over from where tigh kennely now that that position has been taken also considered Newman or Broughton for that spot duffield was a possibility but never considered suban tbh

3.The reason why i went with only 2.5 premiums in the midfield is because thats where i believe the cash cows have the most chance of increasing in value with the players i went with

4.Rioli & Roo were concearns and i did consider what you mentioned before i posted but Roo seems like he is at his lowest at the moment and with scott waters being more offensive thought his value would only increase Rioli - I am tempted to take ur advise and get sam mitchell by moving danger - your thoughts

Considered McIntosh but believe thatgoldstein is a fantastic ruckman that will take alot of time away from hmac also injuries are a concern as well ................... Maric is cheap for a full time ruckman that will get alot of tog. i expect him to average around 75-85

K.Stevens ..................... You would be a good judge and i will take notice

All good points mate,

I think switching Rioli for Danger and getting Mitchel is a good idea. Mitchel is a jet.

I see where you're coming from regarding loading up rookies in the mids for extra cash flow but it means you'll suffer points wise from the start. There has been arguments for and against for this way of going about it - I think the argument was that the difference between mid rookies and mid premiums is more or the same or something like that when comparing def and forward rooks with their respective positioned premiums..cant really remember. Maybe just keep that in mind. If you are going for league win it should work very nicely however as you should storm home in a big way.

Worked very nicely for me in my money league last year but it was a struggle to win games early on when versing teams with loaded midfields.

Here's the latest version of my team with a little explanation into the choices.

Brendon Goddard
Praying that his slow start to last year doesn’t happen again but he’s a proven DT superstar who I couldn’t look past.

Heath Shaw
Probably a little biased towards him but he can score big. Let’s hope he doesn’t have any more 8 week holidays.

Matt Suckling
Found his spot in the team in 2011 and also found a few big scores, I can’t see why he won’t build on that. Has a big long kick that should find a few points. Hopefully he’ll keep his spot in the Hawks 22.

Beau Waters
Surprised I haven’t seen him in many other teams, he had an interrupted 2011 but if he can get back to his 2010 from he could finish as one of the top 10 defenders. A bit of a risk on this one but has shown he can hit 100+ and has been in pretty good form in the preseason.

Brian Lake
Another risk, 2011 was a write off for him on the chance he can return to his 2010 99 average he’s going to be a steal at the price.

Ryan Hargrave
Not 100% sold on this choice, in the past there’s been some alright scores from him but not a solid average except for 2009. The only reason he’s in my team so far has been his out standing preseason. If he’s going to have a proper season as a rebounding defending finding a lot of the ball there’s no reason why he won’t be a kepper. Not to mention he comes at a bargain price.

B. Ellis
B. Semdts
T. Bugg

Rookies are likely to change based on round 1 teams but I’m pretty happy with what I’ve seen from these 3.

Dane Swan
Scott Pendlebury
Matthew Boyd
Garry Ablet

Wouldn’t surprise me if these 4 ended the season in the top 5 midfielders, they are all big time scorers so that’s why they’re here.

S. Clifton
J. Magner
- Injury pending
S. Kerridge
J.McDonald

Again these rookies are likely to change but they have had pretty decent preseasons and if they are in their round 1 teams they’ll likely keep their spot in mine.

Matthew Leuenberger
A big guy with a big name, if he can average 90+ again I’ll be happy with that. I wanted Cox but a few too many dollars short, I’ll leave him as an upgrade target for my rookie ruck come mid season.

J. Giles
J. Redden
O. Stephensen

Like most other teams I’ve only gone with one premium ruck, if Giles can score 65/70ish the $300,000 I’ve saved should bring more points around the ground.

Buddy Franklin
Too good to pass up, even if he’s probably going to be suspended for a game or two.

Nathan Fyfe
Showed what he can do last year and hopefully he’ll just be improving on that.

Dustin Martin
Had him all of last year and was pretty happy with him so now that he’s a forward I can’t say no. He showed last year and in the preseason that he’s a ball magnet in the middle and is more than handy in front of the big sticks.

Jordan Lewis
Showed last year that he’s capable of hitting some big scores, scored over 114 on 8 occasions if he can just get a little more consistent and not knock himself out I’m hoping he’ll finish close to or in the top 10 forwards.

Steele Sidebottom
Only averaged 86 at the end of last year but managed a few scores over 100. Talk of more midfield minutes should help his scores. Importantly he played every game last year and I’ll be happy if he can do that again.

D. Smith
C. Hampton
T. Walsh
S.Rowe

All rookies that will change about 50 times in the next 2 weeks and a few times more when the first round teams are out.

Cash $32,300

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

This looks closer to something I am happy with.

Backs: Scotland, Butler, Bock, McGuane, Ellis, Heath, Clarke (Bugg, Darley)
Mids: Ablett, van Berlo, Boyde, Swan, Selwood, Coniglio, (Magnar, Clifton)
Rucks:Leuenberger, Giles, (Staley, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Beams, Goods, Dangerfield, Pfieffer, D. Smith (Saad, Sexton)

Clearly the emergencies will be sorted when teams announce their round 1 line-ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Beams, Goods, Dangerfield, Pfieffer, D. Smith (Saad, Sexton)

Clearly the emergencies will be sorted when teams announce their round 1 line-ups.

Everyone in bold I have question marks over and would not put in my team. Consider heavily why you like these guys. If you can justify to yourself their selection then go ahead with it. I personally don't see it.

Have been playing around with my team and its structure for a bit
have a bit of cash left over to make changes so its still fairly flexible

Defense
Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Waters, Hargrave,

Ellis,Bugg,Smedts,Darley

Tried to go with a few premiums who I expect to put out consistent scores then a couple mid pricers I see value with

The rookies I will wait until closer to the season starts to decide for sure but i expect to have the same structure with 3/2/4 Premiums/midpricers/rookies

Midfield
Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Ablett

Shiel, Neale, Kerridge, Magner

Went the big 4 in the midfield expect to be able to just set and forget them
Considering possibly downgrading one of the collingwood boys to make cash elsewhere
The Rookies Again definately not set in stone but think ill go the 4/0/4 structure in the mids

Rucks

Cox

Giles, Redden, Stephensen

Originally I had a leunberger/Hmac combo but cant ignore Cox's form so far
Feel that the cox/rookie combo will give me at least the same amount of points with more flexibility and more points towards the end of the season

Forwards

Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Goodes, Danger

Pfeiffer, Saad, D Smith, Sexton

Have Gone with the 4/1/4 format in my forwards
Still have doubts over chapman/goodes
Goodes mostly because of his history of slow starts but seems to be in reasonable form
Chapman I just have a feeling might drop in price but I have a soft spot for him and he has said that he was disappointed in his season last year

The Rookies again can and most likely will change before the start of the season
But think this is the format i might go with
Considering upgrading one of the rookies to a midpricer with my cash but unsure on this

Cash Remaining $110,600

Any feedback would be appreciated thanks :thumbsu:

Bock has looked good forward, but he misses the first 2 weeks. I have big question marks on the likes of McGuane, Heath and a few others. It's good to be different, but I can't see the logic in picking those guys.

anyone else accidentally pressing trade when you go to click on the substitution button? Really annoying. I must have done it 20 times already today...

Just about locked I think! Feel this is a winning structure, thoughts?
Backs: Goddard, Birchall, Broughton, Duffield, Hargrave, Bower, Ellis (Bugg, Darley)

Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Redden, Stanton, Clifton, Miles (C Smith, Magner)

Rucks: Jacobs, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Ballantyne, Dangerfield, Porplyzia (Cripps, D Smith)

700 bucks in the kitty

1. Scotland, H
$493,5000
MIDN/A
CAR GRAPHX
2. Adcock, J
$417,7000
N/A
BRL GRAPHX
3. Broughton, G
$416,2000
N/A
FRE GRAPHX
4. Waters, B
$338,2000
N/A
WCE GRAPHX
5. Hargrave, R
$232,7000
N/A
WBD GRAPHX
6. Davis, P
$225,9000
N/A
GWS GRAPHX
7. Guthrie, C
$150,4000
N/A
GEE GRAPHX
23. Smedts, B
$104,2000
FWDN/A
GEE GRAPHX
24. Bugg, T
$104,2000
N/A
GWS GRAPHX
m
i
d
f
i
e
l
d
8. Pendlebury, S
$576,9000
N/A
COL GRAPHX
9. Ablett, G
$554,7000
N/A
GCS GRAPHX
10. Murphy, M
$551,3000
N/A
CAR GRAPHX
Hodge, L
$467,3000
N/A
HAWGRAPHX
Caddy, J
$249,3000
N/A
GCSGRAPHX
13. Shiel, D
$104,2000
N/A
GWS GRAPHX
25. Smith, D
$121,2000
FWDN/A
GWS GRAPHX
26. Smith, C
$107,7000
N/A
WBD GRAPHX
r
u
c
k
s
14. Leuenberger, M
$459,1000
N/A
BRL GRAPHX
15. Giles, J
$117,8000
N/A
GWS GRAPHX
27. Redden, J
$104,2000
N/A
PTA GRAPHX
28. Stephensen, O
$98,7000
N/A
GEE GRAPHX
f
o
r
w
a
r
d
s
16. Franklin, L
$503,0000
N/A
HAW GRAPHX
17. Fyfe, N
$486,6000
MIDN/A
FRE GRAPHX
18. Martin, D
$442,5000
MIDN/A
RIC GRAPHX
19. Sidebottom, S
$428,8000
MIDN/A
COL GRAPHX
20. Dangerfield, P
$349,8000
MIDN/A
ADE GRAPHX
Porplyzia, J
$202,5000
N/A
ADEGRAPHX
22. Tomlinson, A
$143,7000
DEFN/A
GWS GRAPHX
29. Adams, T
$125,7000
MIDN/A
GWS GRAPHX
30. Kerridge, S
$98,7000
MIDN/A
ADE

Everyone in bold I have question marks over and would not put in my team. Consider heavily why you like these guys. If you can justify to yourself their selection then go ahead with it. I personally don't see it.

And I am in agreement with you with regards to backs. My back line has almost gone full circle. I really want Enright in there, but finding money is difficult!

I've put extra work into this years preparation. Here is a tweak to my earlier posted team. Thoughts and tips are strongly welcomed and appreciated.

DEF: Goddard, H. Shaq, Deledio, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley (Bugg, Morris)

MID: Pendlebury, Boyd, Ablett, Rockliff, Coniglio, K. Stevens (Wingard, Magner)

RUC: Leuenberger, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

FWD: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Mellington, Pfeiffer (Cameron, Couch)

itsduffy, probably lose Stevens. Gonna be the sub option for us a lot, I think.

Hargave or Lake, either look good atm but personally I'm leaning towards Lake. Higher ceiling.

Otherwise, I like it (Y)

Thoughts lads? Tweaked my structure a bit. Goddard and Zaha had to go, for Birchall and Lewis respectively. I really wanted to squeeze Masten in, so I did.

Backs: Birchall, Shaw, Deledio, Duffield, Lake, B Ellis, Smedts, (Bugg, L Brown)
Mids: Pendles, G Ablett, Rockliff, Boyd, Masten, J McDonald, (C Smith, Magner)
Rucks: McEvoy, Giles, (Redden, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Lewis, Martin, Treolar (Kerridge, Couch)

Rookies are subject to change, I know Treoloar & Magner have injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Your Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back