Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
I don't see how we get Bolton, keep a 1st this year and get Norths F1, but that's got to be the target for the sake of the deathride.

We need to pray on a team’s confidence and hope they drop.
Geelong is perfect.

Could we trade 10 for 2024 first and 2025 first?

They may need to try to upgrade to get Bailey Smith.

Death riding Geelong would be ideal.

Death riding a team like north ain’t much fun because there future first will be assumed to be a top 6 pick and therefore come with a premium.

We need to pray on a team’s confidence and hope they drop.
Geelong is perfect.

Could we trade 10 for 2024 first and 2025 first?

They may need to try to upgrade to get Bailey Smith.

Death riding Geelong would be ideal.

Death riding a team like north ain’t much fun because there future first will be assumed to be a top 6 pick and therefore come with a premium.
Geelong scare me because those campaigners don't usually bottle it. Would need to be a very compelling offer where we can't lose even if they win the flag.

Thanks for the death ride gang! Sucks we missed finals but oh well. Until next time!

Im Going To Cry Its Been Fun GIF by AnimatedText

Geelong scare me because those campaigners don't usually bottle it. Would need to be a very compelling offer where we can't lose even if they win the flag.

Yes, that’s the point.
No way would Pies have given 10 as part of deal for Schultz. They were expecting to be top 4.

Geelong would expect the same.

Imagine trading 10 out for ~17 and a future first expected to be ~15 and they tumble down the ladder and miss finals!

That ride would be delicious.

9,10 and 16 hold extreme value. If we’re looking at trading them anyway, we must consider splitting.

10 the ideal pick to do so.

Yes, that’s the point.
No way would Pies have given 10 as part of deal for Schultz. They were expecting to be top 4.

Geelong would expect the same.

Imagine trading 10 out for ~17 and a future first expected to be ~15 and they tumble down the ladder and miss finals!

That ride would be delicious.

9,10 and 16 hold extreme value. If we’re looking at trading them anyway, we must consider splitting.

10 the ideal pick to do so.
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Hawks would be another interesting one to death ride.
Do they need to try and move up slightly for Barrass (although I feel 13 is about right)

Our 9 and Saints 25 for 13 and future 1st?

That’s too much in our favour but you get the idea.

We hold some ammo.

Clubs may need a pick for Houston.

I don’t think we can ‘lose’ this trade period but we must maximise our win.

Hawks would be another interesting one to death ride.
Do they need to try and move up slightly for Barrass (although I feel 13 is about right)

Our 9 and Saints 25 for 13 and future 1st?

That’s too much in our favour but you get the idea.

We hold some ammo.

Clubs may need a pick for Houston.

I don’t think we can ‘lose’ this trade period but we must maximise our win.
9 + F2 for 13 + F1

I don't see how we get Bolton, keep a 1st this year and get Norths F1, but that's got to be the target for the sake of the deathride.
It would need Richmond to take the future 1st from us, which, given the ridiculous number of picks they'll have is surely a chance? I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about at all.

10, F1 -> Bolton
9 -> Roos F1

Just optimistic enough it might work...

9 + F2 for 13 + F1

Either way, Hawks option not really in play.

Eagles would accept 13 + F1 even if it meant their own F2 going back to Hawks.

Geelong is certainly in play if Dogs stand their ground. Smith definitely worth more than what will end up being pick ~20.

There will be other teams.

10 can easily get us 2 firsts. I’d like to deathride a F1 again!

Geelong are the optimal choice, they need 10 to get Smith, if they lose today it’s 15 + F1 for 10 and probably 27 going to them as well, means we can’t offer 9+10 to Richmond for Bolton.
9+16 for Bolton+ salary.
15+F1 (ours or geelongs) on the table for Warner. If Sydney say no we take 15 to draft and have 2x1sts next year.

Geelong are the optimal choice, they need 10 to get Smith, if they lose today it’s 15 + F1 for 10 and probably 27 going to them as well, means we can’t offer 9+10 to Richmond for Bolton.
9+16 for Bolton+ salary.
15+F1 (ours or geelongs) on the table for Warner. If Sydney say no we take 15 to draft and have 2x1sts next year.
Wouldn’t we be better off just using 10 this year and trading our first & F1 next year for Warner?

I recon 10 & F1 for Warner is better anyway from a Sydney point of view if they want to deal this year.

I feel if Warner wants to come in 2025, the more we have, the more we pay so probably better cancelling the death ride for a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t we be better off just using 10 this year and trading our first & F1 next year for Warner?

I recon 10 & F1 for Warner is better anyway from a Sydney point of view if they want to deal this year.

I feel if Warner wants to come in 2025, the more we have, the more we pay so probably better cancelling the death ride for a season.

Well it’s all dependant on Warner requesting the trade.
If that occurs I’d imagine 9 is all of a sudden on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back