Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the example they made of port with the Allir Jones collision being made to look more and more ridiculous every day considering how many similar scenarios have gone without punishment since?

And the far more serious incident with petracca, where’s the fine and media absolutely pummelling the club doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I thought the same. He was in no state to return to the ground. Should have been subbed off shortly after the hit not at half time.

And it could have been worse. Imagine if he took another hit after he returned to the ground.

No opposition player went near him, they knew full well he was toast.

The important but is he's raising the media attention on us. We've been this little darling of the media for too long, and been able to hide under the radar from scrutiny, but with at least some voices out there calling a spade a spade and highlighting our flimsy and nice guy defence, and our inability to beat good teams, at least starts building the pressure on him for the inevitable fall.
Conditions are right. Ken will either succeed and win a flag (unlikely) or fail miserably with Kingy in his sights. Win, win for everyone involved.

The most likely scenario is we win most games, finish top 4, but get nowhere near beating Carlton and Sydney. Same as other years.
At this rate we'll come up against Essendon, Freo and/or Geelong (who we've already beaten in the minor rounds) and reverse those results with a whimper.

Is the example they made of port with the Allir Jones collision being made to look more and more ridiculous every day considering how many similar scenarios have gone without punishment since?

And the far more serious incident with petracca, where’s the fine and media absolutely pummelling the club doctor?

But malbun are a big vicco heartland club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shocked philip j fry GIF

At this rate we'll come up against Essendon, Freo and/or Geelong (who we've already beaten in the minor rounds) and reverse those results with a whimper.
They'll be scared because they'll remember that the last time we played they got beat.

The most likely scenario is we win most games, finish top 4, but get nowhere near beating Carlton and Sydney. Same as other years.
Yeah there's zero chance we beat Collingwood or Carlton in Melb. Not sure about Sydney as we do have a good record, but they are growing so fast and I doubt we'd beat them in Sydney now. The good thing for us is a lot of the remaining top teams are beatable, but it's clear that we can't match up to those the teams that lift up to that next level and separate themselves from the rest.

Police told 7NEWS the 34-year-old then fled the scene and ran to a house.
"It’s believed to be the home he shares with his parents,” Channel 7 reporter Paul Dowsley said.

So, his home?

“They are set to charge him with refusing a preliminary oral fluid test and other traffic offences.”

Who, his parents? I wish I knew we had those powers.

i just watched the Australian selectors mic'd up. they went through butters,jhf,houston and rozee. the 'Lock' to make the 22 unanimously was butters. but they all-ackowlaged jhf has been playing well but not AA level well just yet.

Yeah there's zero chance we beat Collingwood or Carlton in Melb. Not sure about Sydney as we do have a good record, but they are growing so fast and I doubt we'd beat them in Sydney now. The good thing for us is a lot of the remaining top teams are beatable, but it's clear that we can't match up to those the teams that lift up to that next level and separate themselves from the rest.

We have the list that wins those games.

If we are still playing that high press bomb it in game we lose. We become a little more methodical it's a different story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back