Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how drunk we were on our own bathwater after a QF win in 2021, I can only imagine if we did the unthinkable and got through a prelim how satisfied we would be. It would be mission accomplished for most and a GF rogering would be highly likely.

I doubt 119 will ever be repeated anytime soon but a 60-80 point loss would be the most likely scenario if we did make the gf.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
119 will stand longer than the pyramids.
It will be Williams legacy not the 2004 flag.

MMM just now
Andrew the Clown Jarman

"Crows rebuild has failed
Expect to see significant change in the next 4 weeks

With Tex retiring at the EOY should he step aside and let a younger play step up

Time for a re-set !"

Meanwhile down at ports .....

View attachment 2009624

In fairness we are top 4 regardless of how short we are of our potential.

Once again Rachele is thrown to the media wolves to front up.

Im no fan of Rachele but i cant help but feel sorry for him. They've completely neutered him

wheres the leaders of their clubs? Don't they have an 8 man leadership group?

not only that, his comments are pretty interesting...

11 touches and no goals not good enough? Did they not watch the hard work he does from behind the goals?

Yeah sure, being the only premiership coach in the history of the club definitely won't define his legacy as much as the extent of a grand final defeat.

Isn't missing games and not getting votes enough of a impediment? Same with the Brownlow medal.

They could also attach a points deduction to any suspensions. Rising Star and Brownlow.

Trivial suspensions are then penalised at a scaled rate compared to serious breaches, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.

They could also attach a points deduction to any suspensions. Rising Star and Brownlow.

Trivial suspensions are then penalised at a scaled rate compared to serious breaches, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.

I can just imagine the "good bloke clause" coming in more for the award favorite in that scenario.

119 isn't even the most embarrassing record we've set this century.

Biggest home prelim loss by an interstate side. Least successful coach at one club in VFL/AFL history (which has less chance of being overturned than the 119 I'd say). Destroying the captaincy for no reason whatsoever.

2004 was the first AFL flag we won and one of the greatest moments in this club's history. His legacy will always be "Allan Scott, you were wrong" and 3 back to back minor premierships; the only club to achieve that this century.

Just discovered Rory Atkins has a podcast. That's enough podcasts now.

Considering how drunk we were on our own bathwater after a QF win in 2021, I can only imagine if we did the unthinkable and got through a prelim how satisfied we would be. It would be mission accomplished for most and a GF rogering would be highly likely.

I doubt 119 will ever be repeated anytime soon but a 60-80 point loss would be the most likely scenario if we did make the gf.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have we ever had a ‘Royal Commission’ into the fortnight from the moment the final siren went against Geelong, to the 15-minute mark of the Prelim against the Hotel Hounds?

At least with 119 it was plainly obvious that a plucky young team with myriad deficiencies got buzzsawed by a GOAT-candidate — and Phil Walsh later admitted he convinced Choco to leave our arses lubed and agape for the benefit of the footy public, with no heed to the salvation of the club or deep mental scars that would be inflicted on the players and the fanbase.

There’s no such rational explanation for the 2021 Prelim performance.

A club will never again take such an insurmountable mountain of earned and exotic advantages into a Prelim as Port did that night.

• had beaten the Dogs [narrowly] in Melbourne weeks before

• week’s break

• opposition missing a host of key players and their superstar was carrying a knee injury severe enough that their coach specifically called on umpires to keep an eye on any potential skullduggery

• opposition had flown to and stayed in 5 states in 9 days, under lock and key, due to strict COVID protocols — with the coup de grace being they weren’t even allowed to train on Adelaide Oval in the lead-up to the game

Under all these circumstances, to lose by a kick in a hotly-contested arm wrestle would’ve been an epic failure, but to get blown off the face of the earth inside 10-15 mins with the ‘fightback’ consisting of just 2 consecutive goals to start the second half is utterly unforgivable.

Someone big had to go that night.

Compensation package and softcap hit be damned.

But here we are, nearly 3 years later, having not won a final since.

“And? 🤷‍♀️

— Koch/Rucci/Cassisi/Dixon (probably)​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have we ever had a ‘Royal Commission’ into the fortnight from the moment the final siren went against Geelong, to the 15-minute mark of the Prelim against the Hotel Hounds?

At least with 119 it was plainly obvious that a plucky young team with myriad deficiencies got buzzsawed by a GOAT-candidate — and Phil Walsh later admitted he convinced Choco to leave our arses lubed and agape for the benefit of the footy public, with no heed to the salvation of the club or deep mental scars that would be inflicted on the players and the fanbase.

There’s no such rational explanation for the 2021 Prelim performance.

A club will never again take such an insurmountable mountain of earned and exotic advantages into a Prelim as Port did that night.

• had beaten the Dogs [narrowly] in Melbourne weeks before

• week’s break

• opposition missing a host of key players and their superstar was carrying a knee injury severe enough that their coach specifically called on umpires to keep an eye on any potential skullduggery

• opposition had flown to and stayed in 5 states in 9 days, under lock and key, due to strict COVID protocols — with the coup de grace being they weren’t even allowed to train on Adelaide Oval in the lead-up to the game

Under all these circumstances, to lose by a kick in a hotly-contested arm wrestle would’ve been an epic failure, but to get blown off the face of the earth inside 10-15 mins with the ‘fightback’ consisting of just 2 consecutive goals to start the second half is utterly unforgivable.

Someone big had to go that night.

Compensation package and softcap hit be damned.

But here we are, nearly 3 years later, having not won a final since.

“And? 🤷‍♀️

— Koch/Rucci/Cassisi/Dixon (probably)​

Might have to wait for Schoey to write a book. Or Monty.

119 isn't even the most embarrassing record we've set this century.

Biggest home prelim loss by an interstate side. Least successful coach at one club in VFL/AFL history (which has less chance of being overturned than the 119 I'd say). Destroying the captaincy for no reason whatsoever.

2004 was the first AFL flag we won and one of the greatest moments in this club's history. His legacy will always be "Allan Scott, you were wrong" and 3 back to back minor premierships; the only club to achieve that this century.
Yeah I think we lost 8 games in total over two years for two minor premierships and not even making the GF.
By 2004 Brisbane was gassed and things went our way during the finals series.
We should have easily won 2 possibly 3 under Williams with the talent we had all over the field.
119 would have never happened if Williams wasn’t such a pig head.
But in saying that the preliminary final of 21 hurt more for me.
Never been that disappointed after a footy game in my life.

2 girls 1 cup?
I haven't seen it but its about a cup... I can only assume a premiership cup which is what we are after?

... and sharing. It's about two friends sharing with each other. Wholesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back