Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that it's so it doesn't clash with the NRL semi on at the SFS (basically next door) this evening, but yeah it might be so they can get a flight home this evening rather than tomorrow.
The time was selected to allow the Pies to fly home and sleep in their own beds.
Long standard protocol to not disadvantage the prelim away team for next week's dance.

Of course it doesn't matter if the Pies do not win.

The way Demetriou, McLachlan and the AFL stitched up Hird to make him take the fall for the drug saga makes me hope he gets the role as coach.

And that the press conference announcing Hird as coach is on the same day as McLachlan's farewell presser.
Stiched up Hird? He pushed for the whole doping programme in the first place. He believed the reason Essendon were losing to other clubs was because they had to be cheating, there's no way they were just better coached than his teams.

He just got a bit screwed over in that Robinson had moved onto going in deep with the mad scientist Dank, rather than the more considered programme's Bomber had Robinson running at Geelong pre-Dank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love for Geelong to not win, but the other teams left just aren’t that good. Melb and Richmond needed to be there.

Sydney have a decent list but need Franklin to turn back the clock, otherwise it’ll be too easy for Geelongs defence.
Is that the same Sydney that beat Geelong by 5 goals this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back