Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a harsh penalty considering:

a) he admitted it
b) he will forever have to wear the tag of being a racist- not just for 6 games but for life
c) he did not say it to the victim
d) he was not playing but only acting as a club official at the time.

Whilst harsh, the penalty is fair and represents a "line in the sand" moment against racism. What is vital is that the AFL remain consistent about this- not only when a non-Victorian based player is involved but also when a Victorian based darling of the AFL transgresses. It would seem that the tariff for racial vilification to a players face during a game (which is denied but found to have happened) is around 10 games.

What happens tomorrow when an indigenous player steps forward and reports someone like Dangerfield, the allegations are denied and then film or sound emerges proving the allegation?

Enough of the serious stuff, now we can have some fun. Does anyone know where I can get 14,000 KKK Hoods to hand out to Crows supporters tomorrow as "Tex approved Covid Face Masks"?

Been very busy the last couple days, and just catching up on the spud walker saga. So let me get this straight...

He's been outed as a racist (anyone with half a brain worked that out long ago)

Rowe is in denial about it (he really is an awful piece of work, same for his son)

And all the crows supporters are turning on each other.

Delicious.

Correct weight and all clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy sh*t. Just listened to that Rowe interview with Caro. Oh My God. How much more of an imbecile can he be/sound? It was just embarrassing incoherent and deluded. People say he plays a character. He doesn't. He's just incredibly dim. An ignoramus. I know this isn't a shock to anybody really, but that was next level stupid.

Welcome to Adelaide radio, it's an embarrassment to this state. By the way we still have the pleasure of KG and Cornes view on Saturday morning (another two still living in the 1960's)

How good would it be if Charlie Dixon made the All Australian team again this year, and it was at the expense of Taylor Walker

Arguable that Walker was going to be an All Australian this year I know, but there's no doubt that Crows fans would've thought he should have been in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back