2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 8 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Blow multiple opportunities going inside 50 to give up a goal in the last few seconds. That’s probably game over given the context of the game. We’ve only managed 2 for the game, probably aren’t kicking 3 in the final quarter.

Worst game I’ve seen in a long time
Yep, easily the worst I've seen us play.

It's not the game style, I mean I can accept the Eagles and their insanely boring style drag us down to this, but it's the actual execution when the opportunity comes. We were first to the ball, well setup defensively all quarter and had completely blanketed them, but anytime we got space and an opportunity to attack we stuffed it. One handball in the middle by Mead which was completely unpressured, on an end to end chain, missed the target by 5m and was just disgusting.

They however did nothing all quarter, but in the last couple minutes, we give them the ball in space, all out of position and bang, bang, bang. Hitting targets and having shots.

We are clearly the better team in terms of talent, but we are being significantly outplayed in terms of game structure and style. They are choking us and we are playing right into their hands.

Games over really. We won't win from here. Seriously the coaches need to take a good hard look at how we adapted to today's conditions and opposition, because this has been a cluster ****.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back