Autopsy Poop v port

Remove this Banner Ad

General frustration that spilled over after McKay did his best impression of a Curtis Taylor tackle. Sheezel was about to close in on a port player (he knew the give and go was coming) but McKay couldn't tackle finlayson properly so Sheezel had to come in and make the tackle. That allowed the player Sheezel was chasing to become the free man, get the ball and kick a goal.

As it sailed through Sheezel was on his knees and he gave a doubled-handed whack to the ground. Got up and looked to give McKay a few words. Then just before the bounce they showed Sheezel next to his opponent. He was shaking his head and visibility frustrated.

Probably wondering why on Earth he signed the contract so quickly.
Sounds like Sheezel is tracking like JHF was last year.

I thought we were trending upwards after last week.

Port had so many injuries to best 22 players and didn’t play that well. Again like the Saints who were average last week. And we couldn’t even muster a contest.

The club isn’t even trying to improve. They say they are, that they are working hard, but I don’t see it. Stats don’t lie.

Half these campaigners didn’t lose the ability to kick overnight. Or perhaps they never could. Who knows.

We are the worst side for turnovers, we are the worst side for tackles, we are the worst side for applying pressure, we are the worst side for tackles inside 50, we are the worst side for points scored since round 3. Not 17th or 16th. 18th. Dead last. This is all effort. Not talent.

All whilst having a generally healthy playing list.

Mahony was good last week but was shit again today before hurting his shoulder the poor kid.
Corr is on bloody good money, but for a senior player who should know better, is too bloody inconsistent. Getting himself reported and costing the team a goal is a joke. Not good enough and he can fukc off.
Curtis Taylor isn’t AFL standard. Contracted to 2024 ffs.
Bailey Scott has gone backwards and has a deal for next year too.
The captain McDonald is an embarrassment. Contracted to 2026. Fukc me North. What a mess. What a mess.
Bonar, Young, Greenwood just not what we need.
Turner and Hall are finished.
Edwards, Lazzaro and Spicer are list cloggers. Dawson as well.
Perez injuries just seem to hinder the kid and he doesn’t look like he belongs at this level.

All in all, it’s a year 1 rebuild. I get it. We need to turn over a quarter of the list at years end and then some. But how much churning have we done since 2020 ffs. Eventually it’s not the list but the development.

There’s 5 weeks to go till the bye and then the two weeks after it are a brutal run of fixtures. We could very well be on a 14 game losing run. This is not right. We have genuinely been nowhere near it for 4 years. Nowhere near it for 5 if we’re being serious.

We can cop getting beaten if you aren’t good enough. But these blokes running out each week are taking the piss out of us, the club and themselves.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't get our lack of pressure on the ball carrier, aggression and intent are practically non existent, add this to our shithouse tackling technique, and it just highlights the amount of turnovers, scoreboard pressure, momentum, and confidence we concede when oppo apply it us, and sadly, often when they don't.

Sounds like Sheezel is tracking like JHF was last year.
Here's a thought I've just had.... These top draft picks are usually taken from successful junior teams. They've probably never suffered a good flogging or season of them during their junior years.

You just have to suck it up, turn up and do your best to get better until it turns. Such is life as they say.

Edit - I think Sheez and Warlord are made of the right stuff btw.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watch every game on mute.
It helps me see with my eyes and not get lost in narratives.

I know how shit it is.

But I think we’re building. Not in a way that matters on the scoreboard or with our emotions.

Turnovers kill the soul. And by god our players souls are a wrecked mess.

But I feel like we’re winning enough decent footy to get where we’re going, in time.

Said it in the Taylor thread but i think it needs reiterating...our tackling is shocking. Some players get swatted away like mozzies. Some have the strength of an Auskicker (Taylor and Scott). Some are scared of contact (Scott and Spicer). It's embarrassing.

This is what it looks like seeing Taylor, Scott, Mahony, and Spicer tackle an opposition player:

Pz4G.gif

The yawning chasm in our 26-30 age group is list management incompetence at its finest and manifests itself on the field each game.
To follow it up, this is the list:
McDonald
Howe
Turner
Corr

That’s it. That’s the list of players we have in their football prime.

Well and truly bollocked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Poop v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back