Moved Thread Poll added: If you were setting up a new team; Weitering or Hogan?

Weitering or Hogan?

• Jacob Weitering

Votes: 175 49.4%
  • Jesse Hogan

Votes: 179 50.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Weitering turned 18 in late November.
What's that got to do with Hogan? Weitering is playing like Dustin Fletcher right now. Lean with long arms, and very effective. Once he builds muscle, he'll be a bloody good 1v1 defender. Possibly the best since Scarlett and SoS.

Fair comment, but he didnt have that for the year he had to sit out and the entire 3 years ( or is it 2 - i forget) thas he has been able to play. It was only for a period and he does have the extra pre-seasons under his belt, even if not full ones.
2012 he was in the juniors ('drafted' in October), 2013 he played VFL, 2014 he sat out.

Key Forwards who can kick as many goals as Hogan will be able to is rare. A key back as good as what Weitering will be is also rare but is a spot thats easier to fill IMO. Look at Adams from WB, he has come in and had an immediate effect. Kicking goals is how you win games and its easier to build a team around a dominant key forward.

A good team defence can help cover average defenders. And because you win games by kicking more goals than the opposition, it's hogan for mine.

Always a good sign when an 18 year old (turned 18 in November!) who has played 3 games is compared to a 21 year old.

If this is Weitering now, it's a scary thought what he can develop into.

I take Weitering, but I am bias.
Dont worry this is big footy, wait until weitering has a bad game or 2 and everyone will jump off him, just like they are Hogan after one bad game this year

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Well you started a poll comparing a 21 yr old with an 18yr old you peanut!!!!
With the rider that they were the same age. Cheers peanut.

Come on, now come back with the "what if Lynch was 18", so I can counter that he didn't do anything worthwhile until he was 22. Go on, pleeeease? I beg you. Let's play the game you can't win.

Much as I dislike Hogan's attitude, i'm not a huge fan of Weitering's either. During his footy show interview, they were talking about Swan and Martin in Vegas. He said something along the lines of 'some people feel the need to do that, i'm not one of them'.

Swan responded 'actually play a season of AFL footy, and you'll understand'.

Impressive young man for sure, but is he really in tune with other footballers?

You're right.
Weitering's attitude is really concerning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you take:
Matthew Scarlett or Wayne Carey?
Steve Silvagni or Garry Ablett senior?
Dustin Fletchet or Matthew Loyd?

I know what id definitely take...
It's interesting isn't it? Popular opinion would clearly favour the forwards. My opinion would favour the forwards.

However if you look at each comparison in terms of the ultimate team success you come up with these results:

Scarlett (3 premierships) vs Carey (2 premierships)
Silvagni (2) vs Ablett (0)
Fletcher (2) vs Lloyd (1)

Maybe the old theory that a strong defence is the basis of any champion team has merit.

With the rider that they were the same age. Cheers peanut.

Come on, now come back with the "what if Lynch was 18", so I can counter that he didn't do anything worthwhile until he was 22. Go on, pleeeease? I beg you. Let's play the game you can't win.

The lights on but nobody's home

If you look at a best case comparison for each player..

Weitering has the potential to be a similar level player to Matthew Scarlett
Hogan could end up similar to Jonathan Brown.

Who was more important to there team, on that you would have to say Hogan just.

If you look at a best case comparison for each player..

Weitering has the potential to be a similar level player to Matthew Scarlett
Hogan could end up similar to Jonathan Brown.

Who was more important to there team, on that you would have to say Hogan just.
Just saying, I would take Scarlett over Brown in a split second and twice on Tuesdays.

Just saying, I would take Scarlett over Brown in a split second and twice on Tuesdays.
So would I. Hogan is projected to be a better player than Brown, though.

So would I. Hogan is projected to be a better player than Brown, though.

Prodicted to be better than J Brown, by who? Brown was a superstar for 10 years and if Hogan gets close to what Brown achieves you have done very well.. Personally i reckon he will max out at Travis Cloke level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Poll added: If you were setting up a new team; Weitering or Hogan?

Back