Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enright and Martin should be in everyones team.
Is there a ruck who will go up in value more than nicnat this year? unlikely.
Shaw and Mitchell are both consistent and have generally been good DTers in the past. But not everyone has them in their team.
Barlow, we'll wait and see..

Hey guys,
which option is better??

Option1: gram, suban, montagna, bartel, mcveigh, sandilands, goodes, brown, rockliff

option2: fisher, mackie, Mitchell, ball, masten, tippett, roo, gian, ziebell?????

Thanks in advance!!

Barlow - let me say, that one of the most greatest things of football is watching the rise of young kids, so I watch them. I have done my research and know whos in my team when it comes to young players. I had Barlow in my first scratch team as I know him (not personally haha, but as a player), seen him, and know what he is capiable of. I knew the risk also.. it's Barlow but no-one will get that except me ;). I have jumped off him and got an even better player who no-body has. yay!

its dreamteam, no player is really a sleeper or unique.. your not the only one that had done their research .. would say a fair few people knew about barlows potential before last weekend.. I certainly did..

Why is Barlow priced at 105k.. shouldnt he be at a rookie price?? 77k.

Both are solid options but i would goo with the 2nd won beause it looks like it has more upside than the 1st, with the likes of gram sandilands goodes and brown unlikely to impove compared to fisher who is showing signs that he is a bargin at that price, Gia will play in midfiel, as well as ball and tippet who will improve, only change i would make would be to try and work mcveigh into your 2nd option.

Jarred Brenan and 30k or Robbie grey and 81k?

Pendlebury vs Selwood vs Boyd

Already have bartel in the team but if i chose selwod they may take points from eachother.. Will Pendlebury cop number 1 tag this year? Boyd?

That's some champagne comedy right there.

Just before I take all this quality advice, can you let me know what you ranked in DT last year. Thanks, cheers, bye.
HEHE UR SO CUTE :) :) :) TANXX FOR DA QUESTION :):)

I was coming 120th and then went overseas so yeah have nooo idea what I came as I didn't do any trades over there.. didn't even care.

The year before I came around 90th.

its dreamteam, no player is really a sleeper or unique.. your not the only one that had done their research .. would say a fair few people knew about barlows potential before last weekend.. I certainly did..

I really don't know why..

Yeah I get you mate, but it pissed me off I thought I had a unique player. Shattered when he scored that high.

"I loved this band. But now that everyone else does, I'm having a whinge"

Seriously though, sure some people had certain smokeys in their team prior to round one of the NAB, like yourself. Congrats.

There is seriously no need for this post.
To sum it up:

"I had all these players way before you so...so...so...I'm better... PLUS I've got someone better anyway *huff*"

Just relax, worry about your own team, for people who follow the trends are going to have all these players out of their team after round 2 when they only notch up a 60. Bitta calm is in order.
Sorry hun if I offended you.. bit outta sorts are we? Not getting the gyst? How old are you.. 5?

Nawww cute comment.. we have some cuties on this board, yay.
So I say some advise and attack of the nerds arrives, oh god im so scared!

"I had all these players way before you so...so...so...I'm better... PLUS I've got someone better anyway *huff*"
Love your like 'huff' too the end babe, your adorable.. actual adorable. If you read the post i'm actually expressing that people are absolutly dumb to drop or add someone to your team if they have a bad match. Its like if Presti scored 100 (new role like Nic Nat!!!! nearly 100% gametime!!!) i'm sure we would see heaps of people get on, thats how dumb some are.
Thought Barlow in my side was great being one of my favourite youngsters, but thought that in the end there was someone out there for more of a bargain price. "HUFFFF" hhehehehehehhehehe im cheaky heheheh.

:rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha this is humour. Most of you people on here have no idea and just go with the NAB Cup. I was going through one of the previous threads and people who scored more then 2000+ or even 1900+, man your hooked on the NAB Cup. Let me safley say I only got around 1400 (didn't add up.. not that sad, I could have heaps less or more) but I copped a few 0's. I see now every team has Enright, Shaw, Barlow, Martin, (nearly) Nic Nat, Rohan, Mitchell? etc.
I could of missed a few main ones but top dreamteamers don't do this tactic. I have a settled team and love it. I have a premium over 400+ that only scored 50 - not jumping off him. Looks like it's become a new craze that one bad/(good) game they jump off/(on) a certain player.

Enright - was popular, but now every team has him. I can't really complain as he is consistant.
Shaw - god, I'm sure 1 in every 20 teams had this guy last time I checked, now all I see is Shaw, Shaw, Shaw, Shaw. Congrats if you don't have him. Don't mind me but yes I do have him, but he settled in my team way before the NAB Cup for severial reasons.
Barlow - let me say, that one of the most greatest things of football is watching the rise of young kids, so I watch them. I have done my research and know whos in my team when it comes to young players. I had Barlow in my first scratch team as I know him (not personally haha, but as a player), seen him, and know what he is capiable of. I knew the risk also.. it's Barlow but no-one will get that except me ;). I have jumped off him and got an even better player who no-body has. yay!
Martin - good on everyone who doesn't have him. PAT ON THE BACK! Martin again another player I have but he was my favourite and I desperatly wanted him at the Crows (knew it wouldn't happen in a million years). Martin is a ball magnet but just be caution that his role position can change because he isn't what you call a damaging player just yet. Just because you get 20 odd touches a match, you still could be the dud of the AFL.
Nic Nat - are you kidding me? alright.. lemme join the craze! EVERYONE JUMP ON NIC NAT WHO GOT NEARLY 100% GAMETIME AND BEING THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE RUCK (MINUS COX THERE NUMBER 1 RUCKMAN)!!!!!!!!
Rohan - will not play many games and will get you the odd 60 on rare ocassions.
Mitchell - what the? I have no doubt no-one had him in their team till now.

Yeah, yeah, if they were good you had them before the NAB Cup. Nobody cares.

Hey Porpz, werent you the person who posted those mega gay videos in the BEST YOUTUBE VIDEOs on the GD board?

Oh, and why lie about your rank?

Really cute username too.

Heres something a little bit different:

Mid pricer + Mid pricer

v

Rookie + Premium

Note - its unlikely the defination of mid pricers here includes those that may be (or become) potential keepers, however it isnt out of their reach (think higgins in 2009).

One you get a premium in the position (an extra keeper in the startiing squad too), however the added risk of starting another rookie (who will require 2 trades to upgrade).

The other you get 2 mid pricers likely to make you some cash and with which both will be able to be upgraded to solid players in their position/s for a total of 2-3 trades.

Both will net you about the same points over the course of time in your team.

Thoughts on this sort of comparison?

Mid pricer + Mid pricer

v

Rookie + Premium

Note - its unlikely the defination of mid pricers here includes those that may be (or become) potential keepers, however it isnt out of their reach (think higgins in 2009).

One you get a premium in the position (an extra keeper in the startiing squad too), however the added risk of starting another rookie (who will require 2 trades to upgrade).

The other you get 2 mid pricers likely to make you some cash and with which both will be able to be upgraded to solid players in their position/s for a total of 2-3 trades.

Ive tried both formulas over the years but for me the best format is Rookie + Premium because your a better chance at having more keepers you dont have to upgrade during the year plus the fact that if you pick the right rookies you make an influx of cash which helps for upgrades later on.
Some rookies may even turn out to be longer term keepers such as Rich,Beams and Anthony last year and there are plenty of rookies this year you could bank on not only giving you decent scores but also making you some money along the way.
The problem with mid pricers is that its often too hard picking one that will improve, score well and make you some money and most mid pricers will score just as much as a good highly fancied Rookie who is half or a third of the price.
You at least know what your getting with a premium and rookie whereas youve got no idea what your getting with a mid pricer which just increases your risk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HEHE UR SO CUTE :) :) :) TANXX FOR DA QUESTION :):)

I was coming 120th and then went overseas so yeah have nooo idea what I came as I didn't do any trades over there.. didn't even care.

The year before I came around 90th.

No you weren't, and no you didn't. :thumbsu:

Nic Nat - are you kidding me? alright.. lemme join the craze! EVERYONE JUMP ON NIC NAT WHO GOT NEARLY 100% GAMETIME AND BEING THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE RUCK (MINUS COX THERE NUMBER 1 RUCKMAN)!!!!!!!!
Rohan - will not play many games and will get you the odd 60 on rare ocassions.

Errr, no he didn't. I know, let's all just make stuff up. :rolleyes:

Are you simple?

Mid pricer + Mid pricer

v

Rookie + Premium

Lakey, my personal preference (though not necessarily correct) is to go for the rookie/premium. Here's my thinking:

Premium = You know exactly what you're getting (bar an unforeseen injury)
Rookie = You're taking a gamble

vs

Midprice = You're taking a gamble

For me, I think the Premium/Rookie combo is less risky, as you're only really gambling on one player. There's also a reason why players are midpriced. Either it is because they have missed a lot of games the previous season due to injury or selection issues and have been discounted, OR, they have played some/most/all of the previous season and haven't scored well enough to have a premium price.

Obviously, you could look at it a different way:

Premium = 5% risk (risk of injury to an otherwise very durable player)
Rookie = 40-80% risk (risk of poor scoring, or not being selected)

Midpriced = 30% risk (risk of not improved scoring, or injury/selection issues)
Midpriced = 30% risk (risk of not improved scoring, or injury/selection issues)

I think it's a line-ball call as to whether the guns/rookies or midpriced strategy is the best. Both have worked in the past. The key, however, is just making sure you pick the right players. I don't think it really makes a huge difference which strategy you go with. Personally, I'm heading towards a guns/rookies strategy, filled out with the midpricers that I'm most confident in.

/end rant

Sorry hun if I offended you.. bit outta sorts are we? Not getting the gyst? How old are you.. 5?

Nawww cute comment.. we have some cuties on this board, yay.
So I say some advise and attack of the nerds arrives, oh god im so scared!

Love your like 'huff' too the end babe, your adorable.. actual adorable. If you read the post i'm actually expressing that people are absolutly dumb to drop or add someone to your team if they have a bad match. Its like if Presti scored 100 (new role like Nic Nat!!!! nearly 100% gametime!!!) i'm sure we would see heaps of people get on, thats how dumb some are.
Thought Barlow in my side was great being one of my favourite youngsters, but thought that in the end there was someone out there for more of a bargain price. "HUFFFF" hhehehehehehhehehe im cheaky heheheh.

:rolleyes:

Who let you out of the kitchen?

Players taken high in the rookie draft are priced higher like in the normal draft, stupid idea!

Here's my thinking:

Premium = You know exactly what you're getting (bar an unforeseen injury)
Rookie = You're taking a gamble

vs

Dont you think that the risk of the rookie far outweighs the risk of a midpricer player who is:

- locked in their 22
- more developed
- showing some indications of a breakout

I think with rookies (this is also in reply to shiva25) you dont know what your getting - youve had only a couple of games to view these players, and you have no idea where the coach rates someone so new to the team and the system. Comparatively, with a more mature mid pricer, there is a lot more information regarding their role, injury history, scoring capacity, etc.

Its difficult because two mid pricers will probably be upgraded for around the same cost (in terms of trades) as a rookie. And both combos will score similarly during the time that they are in your squad.

Using mid pricers also allows more depth on the bench - instead of that rookie in the gun/rookie combo being on the ground, its on your bench, providing back up for injuries whilst also being available for rotation/use on the ground if another rookie is scoring poorly.

I think a good way to distinguish the too, is to look at value.

If the premium has a little upside, and the rookie looks rock solid for some good (ish) scoring, then thats a good foundation.

However the premium can equally be fully priced and the rookie can just look a solid t.walker or m.brown type. and in this scenario Im not so sure the Gun/Rookie combo is the best option.

Alternatively, the two mid pricers will always be players that represent value.

Now, what if it all turns sour?

The cost of a premium turning sour is simply a trade if its long term, or about half their scoring capacity if they have to be covered by a rookie. You can eliminate this risk by picking a durable option as your premium (Okeefe, Goodes, Stanton, Enright, Fisher, etc).

If a rookie turns sour then you can only really downgrade them to a rookie, or hit someone like Grimes on the rise. Alternatively, if these options arn't available they become dead weight on the bench (robinson, petrenko, etc) and can cost you dearly as you now lack cover.

If a mid pricer turns sour, the cost is significant. Last year travis cloke turned into a dud for me, and it ended up costing 100k (ie two trades) to get him up to the keeper required.

Hmm.

Dont you think that the risk of the rookie far outweighs the risk of a midpricer player who is:

- locked in their 22
- more developed
- showing some indications of a breakout

I think with rookies (this is also in reply to shiva25) you dont know what your getting - youve had only a couple of games to view these players, and you have no idea where the coach rates someone so new to the team and the system. Comparatively, with a more mature mid pricer, there is a lot more information regarding their role, injury history, scoring capacity, etc.

Its difficult because two mid pricers will probably be upgraded for around the same cost (in terms of trades) as a rookie. And both combos will score similarly during the time that they are in your squad.

Using mid pricers also allows more depth on the bench - instead of that rookie in the gun/rookie combo being on the ground, its on your bench, providing back up for injuries whilst also being available for rotation/use on the ground if another rookie is scoring poorly.

I think a good way to distinguish the too, is to look at value.

If the premium has a little upside, and the rookie looks rock solid for some good (ish) scoring, then thats a good foundation.

However the premium can equally be fully priced and the rookie can just look a solid t.walker or m.brown type. and in this scenario Im not so sure the Gun/Rookie combo is the best option.

Alternatively, the two mid pricers will always be players that represent value.

Now, what if it all turns sour?

The cost of a premium turning sour is simply a trade if its long term, or about half their scoring capacity if they have to be covered by a rookie. You can eliminate this risk by picking a durable option as your premium (Okeefe, Goodes, Stanton, Enright, Fisher, etc).

If a rookie turns sour then you can only really downgrade them to a rookie, or hit someone like Grimes on the rise. Alternatively, if these options arn't available they become dead weight on the bench (robinson, petrenko, etc) and can cost you dearly as you now lack cover.

If a mid pricer turns sour, the cost is significant. Last year travis cloke turned into a dud for me, and it ended up costing 100k (ie two trades) to get him up to the keeper required.

Hmm.

I would rather find a gem of a rookie that averages well and increases in price through the first half of the year then when the season starts to get to the pointy end trade the rookie that is tyring and pick up a Premium Mid that is coming back from injury or has had some bad form. There are always 3 premium mids that drop through the year. It is just about investing and being wise with your profits!

Pendlebury vs Selwood vs Boyd

Already have bartel in the team but if i chose selwod they may take points from eachother.. Will Pendlebury cop number 1 tag this year? Boyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back