Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

As I've said before, it would've been a better decision to wait a few years and then go with Horne-Francis. Rozee isn't a natural on field leader, Horne-Francis is. Of course, the club being who they are, they'd prefer a good off field leader as captain.

As I've said before, it would've been a better decision to wait a few years and then go with Horne-Francis. Rozee isn't a natural on field leader, Horne-Francis is. Of course, the club being who they are, they'd prefer a good off field leader as captain.
Reality is JHF wasn't getting it in his third year (I know you're not suggesting that) and there was no one else to give it to, it had to be Rozee.

Reality is JHF wasn't getting it in his third year (I know you're not suggesting that) and there was no one else to give it to, it had to be Rozee.

I would've given it to Wines for 2 years then JHF. At least when Wines plays badly it's just a nothing plodder game ala Cucksissy. Rozee can put in really soft and meek efforts and that's a really ugly look for a captain.

Also, Rozee was AA the last 2 years. We didn't need to interrupt that great form line by giving him additional responsibilities that don't appear to come naturally to him at all.

People hop on and off of the rozee banwagen so quick, one bad performance and people saying wines should have been captain? come off it give me a break, two weeks ago you guys were saying hes the best captain since 2004, people change opions so quick.

my view has always been wines cpatain for 3 years to eventaully give the reigns to jhf

People hop on and off of the rozee banwagen so quick, one bad performance and people saying wines should have been captain? come off it give me a break, two weeks ago you guys were saying hes the best captain since 2004, people change opions so quick.

my view has always been wines cpatain for 3 years to eventaully give the reigns to jhf
He's the best player of all time when downhill skiing against Essendon or Gold Coast. When he has to play a half decent team he goes to s**t. It is a pattern.

Even against s**t teams most of his disposals are with time and space. He's not putting his head over the hard ball.

He's the best player of all time when downhill skiing against Essendon or Gold Coast. When he has to play a half decent team he goes to s**t. It is a pattern.

Even against s**t teams most of his disposals are with time and space. He's not putting his head over the hard ball.
When the opposition gets a run on or is belting us in the middle like they have the past two weeks, we need to mix things up quickly in the centre square and around stoppage to give us a different look. Having Butters and Rozee there at the same time leaves us vulnerable defensively. Unfortunately, Wines isn’t the answer, nor is Mead.

SPP, whose current form leaves a lot to be desired, needs to be considered as a break glass in those situations option. Likewise, Houston. I know that both play their flanker positions well, but we shouldn’t be waiting for 8 unanswered goals to do something to arrest momentum.

Connor has not yet declared himself as someone who can turn the ship around when it’s starting to sink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the opposition gets a run on or is belting us in the middle like they have the past two weeks, we need to mix things up quickly in the centre square and around stoppage to give us a different look. Having Butters and Rozee there at the same time leaves us vulnerable defensively. Unfortunately, Wines isn’t the answer, nor is Mead.

SPP, whose current form leaves a lot to be desired, needs to be considered as a break glass in those situations option. Likewise, Houston. I know that both play their flanker positions well, but we shouldn’t be waiting for 8 unanswered goals to do something to arrest momentum.

Connor has not yet declared himself as someone who can turn the ship around when it’s starting to sink.
To be honest, I recon the problem is not having all of Rozee, Butters and JHF in the midfield more often.

yeah i couldnt agree more

When do we look at the midfield coach though? Butters went missing for a few quarters today as well it feels like they are always playing with the expectation of easy ball, space & clearing out quick.
I’ve been looking at him for a while. I’m not a fan of how he interviews. His SANFL record as a coach shows a premiership from 5th and not much else. He is supposed to have the keys to a very talented and multi pronged midfield, that has failed to fire in two showdowns, two finals and an ever growing list of games against top opposition sides.

We joke that he is the one coaching when we win. I suspect he’s also heavily involved when we lose.

People Roasting butters rozee and jhf are so delusional, perhaps the only bright side of supporting this club. its one game, calm down. the expectations they have are so high in this forum that they are bound to not satisfy us.

People Roasting butters rozee and jhf are so delusional, perhaps the only bright side of supporting this club. its one game, calm down. the expectations they have are so high in this forum that they are bound to not satisfy us.
"Its one game"
That one game normally happens at least 3 times a year, including our last three finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back