Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned this trade before and it makes a lot of sense for all 3 teams. There could be other later picks/future picks/swaps involved but here is the meat of the deal.

North in: 1, 11
North: 2, 3

Melb in: 3
Melb out: 6, 11

WCE in: 2, 6
WCE out: 1

I like it for west coast. I feel like Melbourne maybe gets shortchanged.

I've mentioned this trade before and it makes a lot of sense for all 3 teams. There could be other later picks/future picks/swaps involved but here is the meat of the deal.

Overs for us
We get 6
Eagles can take 11

Otherwise we better just taking 2 and 3

I cannot believe you are using the indigenous example to defend entitled rich
kids at private schools not wanting to move interstate.

Rich entitled private school boys versus disadvantaged first nations kids with extremely close family ties and ties to home and country.

And the way you are peddling this BS it it's like only WA indigenous players don't like relocating. Well firstly plenty do move. Some even choose to be traded but not back home. And secondly this issue affects every club in every state.

Just seems to be a recent pandemic for Vic Metro kids pushing back on moving interstate.

Entitled rich kids when referring to Sheezel is not only a bad stereotype, but absolutely racist.

Sheezel went to Mt Scopus, a conservative Jewish school, not Melbourne Grammar.

Sheezel is a leader in the Melbourne Jewish community (the largest in the country) being a leader in an aboriginal community is no less or more important and have no more or less family ties and to their community (current events will prove that) then Jews in Elsternwick or Caulfield.

Your post is borderline antisemetic.

Last edited:

Yes, Melbourne have a F1 up their sleeve also.

I only see Melbourne wanting to be involved if they have huge raps on Duursma, who spent a week training at the club last summer.

And as another West Coast poster rightly points out, it depends on how keen North are on Reid.

I like it for west coast. I feel like Melbourne maybe gets shortchanged.
Hence the potential for later swaps. If Melbourne are into Duursma as much as is rumoured then they will do it for sure.
Overs for us
We get 6
Eagles can take 11

Otherwise we better just taking 2 and 3
Absolutely not. North would be making out like bandits if they turned 2 and 3 into 1 and 6.

I reckon West Coast considered the hawks offer 4+F1+Brockman but thought they'd basically get him for free anyway (pick 44).. but accepting that offer wouldn't give them time to see what Dees + North best offer is.. I think North probably only fire their best shot whilst Eagles are on the clock so makes sense for them to wait until that time to consider trading...

I reckon West Coast considered the hawks offer 4+F1+Brockman but thought they'd basically get him for free anyway (pick 44).. but accepting that offer wouldn't give them time to see what Dees + North best offer is.. I think North probably only fire their best shot whilst Eagles are on the clock so makes sense for them to wait until that time to consider trading...

West Coast want McKercher.

Hawthorn can’t offer that and it’s to be determined if North will either.

Draft guru Mick Ablett said on SEN this morning that he thinks pick one will be traded and that it will involve three clubs shuffling picks, i.e. West Coast, North and Melbourne.

I suspect neither North or West Coast supporters agree with him.
It was only last week Ablett was interviewed by Tim Gossage on SEN WA where he stated he believes the Eagles should take Curtin over Reid. So I suspect he has an agenda he's playing out with this comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ, that's horrific.

North Melbourne's second pick slides back from 3 to 11, and you think that makes sense?

Holy shit, put the crack pipe down, my friend.

Says WCE won't consider a trade unless it involves 2 single digit picks and that it's unlikely to go ahead unless North offer up 2 & 3.
I wonder if we'd entertain something like 6 & 7 if that was Curtin and Sanders. I don't like the idea of trading pick 1 without getting pick 2 in return but the club might have a different idea? Basically, get high end talent through the door even if it is not the highest talent?

I'd still rather take Reid but it could open some options I guess.

I dunno, Twomey said North were close to letting pick 3 go to Melbourne during the trade period
I’m not opposed personally to that. Melbourne could get Duursma and North would get Curtin or Saunders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back