Renegade

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Knicks, Yankees
You pissed and moaned about being Amare-less last time. What's this years excuse?
Delighted to see the cocky suns fans disappear the last few weeks with the realisation that they don't have what it takes.
Feel free to finally admit trading Marion for Shaq was a huge mistake. :D

You pissed and moaned about being Amare-less last time. What's this years excuse?
Delighted to see the cocky suns fans disappear the last few weeks with the realisation that they don't have what it takes.

Just remind us the last time the Knicks did anything that closely resembled success?

...and the Knicks excuse for having the leagues largest payroll 4years straight yet being the most unsuccesful team this century is?

Just remind us the last time the Knicks did anything that closely resembled success?

Good to see a Suns fan address the topic. :rolleyes:
Knicks fans realise we're no good. Phoenix fans actually believed they could win it all, and that trading for SNAQ was a great move. :D
Delusional.

Good to see a Suns fan address the topic. :rolleyes:
Knicks fans realise we're no good. Phoenix fans actually believed they could win it all, and that trading for SNAQ was a great move. :D
Delusional.

We weren't going to win it with Marion. The move was good, we just couldn't take our chances when we had them.

Now run along troll boy.

In all seriousness we weren't outplayed at all except in game 3 when we were blown off the court, in game 1 who would have ever expected Duncan to hit that 3? We blew game 2 and we were in with a legit chance tonight. No excuses, I think we played well except Nash had arguably his worst game on the worst possible night.

Big deal, we'll move on to next year. With an MLE in hand, an improved Amare, a rejuvenated lineup and a bench shakeup, I wouldn't be surprised if we're thereabouts again next season.

Well done to the Spurs, your time will come though.

Ohh and to Poppovich if by chance your reading this, the Hack-a-shaq ploy is a gutless tactic. Weak.

Ohh and to Poppovich if by chance your reading this, the Hack-a-shaq ploy is a gutless tactic. Weak.

Have to agree with that, very, very weak when you cant back your own players in to win it in an honourable manner.

However, it is the playoffs and that all gets thrown out the window. ;)

Have to agree with that, very, very weak when you cant back your own players in to win it in an honourable manner.

However, it is the playoffs and that all gets thrown out the window. ;)

I can understand why he did it, and I'm sure if giving the option we'd do it as well but he just seemed to target Shaq at every opportunity, hell in game 2 he was pulling the tactic as early as the 10min mark of the 3rd quarter.

Ahh well I suppose we can take some encouragement from the fact it was the only way he felt he could stop Shaq:eek:

We weren't going to win it with Marion. The move was good, we just couldn't take our chances when we had them.

Now run along troll boy.

Why do you keep saying this? It's BS. You were much closer last year (with Marion) than you were this year.

I'm amazed at all the fuss being made over this. The hacking of Ben Wallace in last year's playoffs drew no such criticism.

If you can't make >50% FTs, you shouldn't complain about getting "hacked". Most basketball players would be able to shoot a higher percentage with their off hand.

according to espn pop has been informed of your statement and will be commenting shortly.

weak tactic? yeah perhaps it is but its within the rules of the game.

didnt stop him during our glory years (2000-3)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as disgraceful as a 15 yr NBA veteran being unable to complete the simplest task in the game.

Exactly. Its a fundamental part of the game, and the Suns by putting Shaq out onto the floor, have to take whatever happens.

Good thread though.

Robert Horry is a thug. :D

why can't Phoenix fans beleive in their team win it all? I go for Houston, I beleive they can make it, doesn't mean they will and it hurts if they dont. Isn't that why you support a club?

Dude you've been supporting the Knicks for way too long :)

sorry, I would be digging into the Suns fans too if Houston weren't also looking down the barrel of another play-off kickout by the same team. But it should be the Spurs guys feeding out the pain!

Why do you keep saying this? It's BS. You were much closer last year (with Marion) than you were this year.

I'm amazed at all the fuss being made over this. The hacking of Ben Wallace in last year's playoffs drew no such criticism.

If you can't make >50% FTs, you shouldn't complain about getting "hacked". Most basketball players would be able to shoot a higher percentage with their off hand.

Why do you keep going on about this crap? There is no way in the world Phoenix would have won the West with the same lineup. I wish you would finally understand this. I know you spend your entire life watching NBA games but you appear to have missed the last few Phoenix playoff runs.

The biggest move that has upset the squad was getting rid of Kurt Thomas. This was the most devestating blow.

Why do you keep going on about this crap? There is no way in the world Phoenix would have won the West with the same lineup.

Again, basis?

Could have easily won it with the same line-up last year if not for a suspension or two.

The biggest move that has upset the squad was getting rid of Kurt Thomas. This was the most devestating blow.

Whilst I agree that letting Kurt go was moronic, it wasn't what led to Parker having a career series. It's fortunate Phx didn't face NO or LA, because that would have gotten really, really ugly.

You can't win in the playoffs if you can't defend pick-and-rolls. Phx lost that ability when they traded Shawn Marion.

Again, basis?

Could have easily won it with the same line-up last year if not for a suspension or two.

Whilst I agree that letting Kurt go was moronic, it wasn't what led to Parker having a career series. It's fortunate Phx didn't face NO or LA, because that would have gotten really, really ugly.

You can't win in the playoffs if you can't defend pick-and-rolls. Phx lost that ability when they traded Shawn Marion.

Dead last in rebounding. If you had watched the previous Phoenix exits you would realise that was their biggest problem. Absolutely torched on second chance points.

You are not providing any basis for the same lineup getting it done. It was not getting it done prior to the trade being executed.

Dead last in rebounding. If you had watched the previous Phoenix exits you would realise that was their biggest problem. Absolutely torched on second chance points.

Last year, you gave up 10.8 offensive rebounds per game in the SA series.
This year, it was 10.0 offensive rebounds.

Was that 0.8 offensive rebound differential really worth giving up your best defender, your best fast-break finisher, and basically losing your identity?

You are not providing any basis for the same lineup getting it done. It was not getting it done prior to the trade being executed.

I can't say conclusively that it would have gotten it done anymore than you can say it wouldn't have. But my logic dictates that if you take away an all-nba defensive player from a team that was already shaky defensively, that team's going to struggle in the playoffs.

Anyways, didn't mean to kick you while you're down. It's just D'Antoni's lost his job because of a dumb trade by Kerr and the owner's salary dumping ways, which I don't think is particularly fair.

Last year, you gave up 10.8 offensive rebounds per game in the SA series.
This year, it was 10.0 offensive rebounds.

Was that 0.8 offensive rebound differential really worth giving up your best defender, your best fast-break finisher, and basically losing your identity?

I can't say conclusively that it would have gotten it done anymore than you can say it wouldn't have. But my logic dictates that if you take away an all-nba defensive player from a team that was already shaky defensively, that team's going to struggle in the playoffs.

Anyways, didn't mean to kick you while you're down. It's just D'Antoni's lost his job because of a dumb trade by Kerr and the owner's salary dumping ways, which I don't think is particularly fair.

STATS don't take into account the timing of said offensive rebounds. I'll show you at least 4 in the final five minutes of Game 5 from last year against the Spurs and one of those was from a FT miss.

Don't worry at least a dozen articles will be out tomorrow debating the same topic. I felt we gave it a fair go with Marion (yes forces conspired against us last post season - am I whinger for mentioning this?) but we kept coming up short.

Hindsight is wonderful thing.

I would be drastically upset if they gave D'Antoni the flick, same as I would feel for Avery in Dallas. But as we all know when the GM hasn't hired you as coach you are always on shaky ground. That's the business they'll tell you.

Well Marion Wanted to Go and Shaq probably sounded like a Good Idea at the time:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back