Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Although you forgot Sydney emulating Haw (drop the ball to advantage when tackled) and WB (throwing disguised as a handball) of their premiership years.

Umpires are just consistently weak at calling throws.
i reckon i saw Jetta throw it in the second qtr on the wing .. shuey did a one hand handball in the third... in the end the umps didnt impact the game so its not really a game to complain about them

I'm sure it does, but it doesn't change the fact that the crowd was 7000 shy of what it should have been.

Perth Wildcats have it right by reducing the ticket price significantly a couple of days out from the game.

Perth wildcats release tickets up the top on the river end in that last week. They don’t sell these already cheaper seats until it’s already a packed house. They don’t cheapen good seats

i reckon i saw Jetta throw it in the second qtr on the wing .. shuey did a one hand handball in the third... in the end the umps didnt impact the game so its not really a game to complain about them

Any "handball" over the head is also almost always a throw (unless the hand holding the ball is fairly stationary). Never called though. It's almost as if the umpires have a very loose benefit of the doubt on handballs.

The first game and it falls 7000 or so short of capacity...and people wanted it to be 80,000...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Plenty of reasons why. Fans not turning up because they had better things to do is a long way down the list. How many Cities in Australia could get 50k to a Sunday match starting at 430pm...

Wasnt there a few issues with the memberships down at the Eagles, I cant remember exactly what it was but I thought it said something about it effecting the early rounds?!?!?

Plenty of reasons why. Fans not turning up because they had better things to do is a long way down the list. How many Cities in Australia could get 50k to a Sunday match starting at 430pm...

Wasnt there a few issues with the memberships down at the Eagles, I cant remember exactly what it was but I thought it said something about it effecting the early rounds?!?!?

It's been mentioned in numerous threads thst the game was effectively a sellout (a handful of single seats in restricted viewing) until a fay before the game where all the empty seats seen st the game were released to the public. Probably not a surprise they were vacant considering that. There are plenty of the In The Wings people who missed out.

Also, the no replays was annoying. I want to hear the reverberating boos. The 'join the huddle' standing up thing, drop it.

I said to a mate how good the crowd sounded, even when everyone was booing.

This is OUR ****ing ground, we support OUR ****ing team. We dont give a shit if someone doesnt like it on the other side of the country or some people comment on the internet, shit, even if it comes from down the road.

I honestly thought you Eagles fans were going for a more mature look (yes, I should have known better ;)), but it's clear there was a directive from above to curb the booing!!!

One thing I noticed yesterday, on level 5 behind the stands in the bar area. Drizzle was coming in. It was as light as you can get, but if there is any hard rain and some wind around I think that will get very wet.

Still think the metal fence around the perimeter looks like shit though.
I am so surprised that the clubs, money hungry and always looking for a buck, have not put fixed advertising panels on the fence...

#bringbackmessagesonhold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any "handball" over the head is also almost always a throw (unless the hand holding the ball is fairly stationary). Never called though. It's almost as if the umpires have a very loose benefit of the doubt on handballs.
Was always a throw when I was growing up.

There's been a lot of open handed upward paddles this year already that haven't been called as throws.

The application of the rules relating to legal disposal is laughable

I said to a mate how good the crowd sounded, even when everyone was booing.

This is OUR ******* ground, we support OUR ******* team. We dont give a shit if someone doesnt like it on the other side of the country or some people comment on the internet, shit, even if it comes from down the road.

I honestly thought you Eagles fans were going for a more mature look (yes, I should have known better ;)), but it's clear there was a directive from above to curb the booing!!!

A lot of hypocrisy from eastern states fans/commentators. From what I hear on here there are far worse behaved fans in Melbourne. But seems to only complained about in WA.

Regardless of the various Pros and Cons of the new stadium, it's quite fitting that the Eagles go down in the record books as the first losers there. Having lived in Perth for a few years and put up with the one sided media coverage and the inane supporters, a resounding loss is a great outcome.

Regardless of the various Pros and Cons of the new stadium, it's quite fitting that the Eagles go down in the record books as the first losers there. Having lived in Perth for a few years and put up with the one sided media coverage and the inane supporters, a resounding loss is a great outcome.
Remind us again about your mobs sendoff from Subi

"Behave themselves"?

No booing - is that your issue? Laughable.

And I am only concerned with the dodgy frees like Franklin's basketball-like throw which we saw clearly from 60m away. Not sure how 3 umpires missed it.

Anyway - I'll eagerly await a half empty stadium at 3/4 time next weekend.

pot calling the kettle black there - wce supporters are the guiltiest of this.

Cool story bro

The stadium looks great, but one thing that annoyed me was the first row starting at the top of the boundary fence. It just looks wrong.

upload_2018-3-26_21-16-25.png

Looked pretty full from where I'm sitting and there sure as hell weren't a plethora of tickets available for sale.
Ground level, block 147, whch is in between centre half fwd & the 50m mark. Basically an entire row behind me (cat A), plus a bunch of seats to my left in my row (cat b) were empty. Assumed these were for general admission...

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back