Votes: 3 3.5%

Votes: 6 7.0%

Votes: 19 22.1%

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chooses to shepard, looks like a probable head clash, oppo player breaks cheekbone.

Probably going to be Careless, High, Severe, straight to tribunal for 3 or 3+.

Pretty stiff if he gets more than 4 for a head clash while shepherding imo

No way he gets 3 for breaking a guys cheekbone. Head clash hasn't been a defence for almost a decade.

Chooses to shepard, looks like a probable head clash, oppo player breaks cheekbone.

Probably going to be Careless, High, Severe, straight to tribunal for 3 or 3+.

Pretty stiff if he gets more than 4 for a head clash while shepherding imo

If you choose to bump, any head clash is on you. That is the rule for a decade now.

Additionally the tribunal will argue that as the ball was going well away from Parker & Smith (I think that was who the commentary said), and that neither were directly involved in the play at that point (there are at least 4 players more likely to get to the ball before Smith), Parker’s duty of care is increased as Smith is not going to be anticipating contact.

Complete dog act, shit to take your VFL frustrations out on a non professional player. Hope he does get 6 weeks+ if the reports of Smith having a cheekbone fracture are true. No need for it in current footy, wasn’t a contest, wasn’t hard, just an old player frustrated at not making the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it at the time when Sydney people from the club and supporters were attacking Wright that it would come back to bite them and it most certainly has. This is a worse incident than Wright on Cunningham, despite the new standards it's still split second decisions. Parkers effort was completely unnecessary and probably more in line with Webster on Simpkin with an even worse outcome. Has to be 7 weeks or more but not holding my breath. Will get a good bloke discount at a guess.

I said it at the time when Sydney people from the club and supporters were attacking Wright that it would come back to bite them and it most certainly has.
the difference is there's nobody here saying there's nothing in it, it should be zero, unlike the dozens of bombers fans that still think that Wright got shafted.

This is a worse incident than Wright on Cunningham, despite the new standards it's still split second decisions. Parkers effort was completely unnecessary and probably more in line with Webster on Simpkin with an even worse outcome. Has to be 7 weeks or more but not holding my breath. Will get a good bloke discount at a guess.
Disagree that this is in line with Webster. Webster lined up the bloke that had just disposed of it and launched a shoulder into his head. This is more Parker laying a shepard and accidentally causing a head clash (from the admittedly less than stellar footage).

VFL does allow discounts for early guilty pleas so 3-4-5 is the range it'll fall in.

Didn't realise the VFL was so close to the end of its season
Tbh, from the footage it doesn't look like there was anything in it. Play on - which is what it looked like they did.

Edit: just saw the incident on TV (I didn't see the right incident on footage posted in this thread).
Probs 3-4.

Last edited:
he gets what he gets
was wright involved?
am I missing some posts from swans fans or is there some serious delusions happening?
Every thread about a bump this year will have 20 bombers fans going "BuT WrIgHt GoT 4 WeEkS", like every thread about a tackle last year was bombarded with Hawks fans going "Sicily was wronged"

he gets what he gets
was wright involved?
am I missing some posts from swans fans or is there some serious delusions happening?
a comparison is being drawn between the two incidents because they're similar in nature, though i'd argue that parker's is worse because his was effectively off the ball.

Back